ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #68401
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
That's how the klx is. Ac headlight,ignition,etc. The battery only runs the starter. The tusk kit runs off the battery only also. So three separate electrical systems are on it now. Normally when I modify things, I like keeping it as close to stock as possible.
Exactly why to use the Trick kit. It is just a few wires to connect that come with factory type connections. The entire mask/headlight/controller/front turn signals come off with one electrical connector. Edit - two connectors, power and rear lights and the handlebar switch has its own connector.

I upgraded the entire electrical system on my KTM at the same time so it is much more robust than stock. You don't have to. I wanted a headlight that would allow me to see well enough to ride hardtop at night if I need to, a fan kit to keep the bike cooler, and charge the battery at the same time. I still have enough capacity to run heated grips if I want.

If you just want plates on your bike, I'm sure you know how easy that is. It just depends on your goal.

ruppster screwed with this post 08-27-2014 at 01:03 PM
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #68402
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Oddometer: 623
Adv Ride 200miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Mac View Post
Leaving in15min. see Ya.

Had a great ride with Mark (MeefZah) today. Started at Thornville and road south around "The HOCK" Thanks for making the trip and sorry about the dust.

Had Lunch at Sion's BBQ Place??
Old 08-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #68403
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Myself, bikeneil, and Jimmy pre-ran some of the campout ride yesterday. Much of it was the same as last year, with some new stuff buidit showed me earlier this year. Some was ran in the Little Burr this last weekend. Trails were in great shape. bikeneil rode everything with Shinko 705's on his xt250. ( surprised me! )
I'll probably check the area near Creola cemetery road next.
I could ride this stuff over and over! We had fun!
I might be able to make it for the ride. What time is kickstands up?

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #68404
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Exactly why to use the Trick kit. It is just a few wires to connect that come with factory type connections. The entire mask/headlight/controller/front turn signals come off with one electrical connector. Edit - two connectors, power and rear lights and the handlebar switch has its own connector.

I upgraded the entire electrical system on my KTM at the same time so it is much more robust than stock. You don't have to. I wanted a headlight that would allow me to see well enough to ride hardtop at night if I need to, a fan kit to keep the bike cooler, and charge the battery at the same time. I still have enough capacity to run heated grips if I want.

If you just want plates on your bike, I'm sure you know how easy that is. It just depends on your goal.
Your setup sounds more like what I'm trying to do.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #68405
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:

Had a great ride with Mark (MeefZah) today. Started at Thornville and road south around "The HOCK" Thanks for making the trip and sorry about the dust.
Ya, good times. Your incessant wheelie-ing has caused me to brand you with a new name: B-Maniac.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:15 PM   #68406
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Ya, good times. Your incessant wheelie-ing has caused me to brand you with a new name: B-Maniac.

That needs to be on the front page. That picture is awesome.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #68407
OH_Wahoo
It's always time to

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
That needs to be on the front page. That picture is awesome.
+ 1
OH_Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:18 PM   #68408
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,548
Quote:

Had Lunch at Sion's BBQ Place??

what, you guys couldn't manage to find the motorcycles only parking? its a nice concrete pad so your sidestand won't sink into soft asphalt on a hot day. you can just make out the corner of it on the left side of this pic

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #68409
m6scout1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Mmmm. Millstone, that is a pretty tasty place to eat. Haven't been there in some time. If you guys are in Athens you should hit up Kiser's BBQ Shack in The Market on State (aka the university mall). Now that is some good food.
1981 Honda CB750C
m6scout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #68410
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,548

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #68411
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
what, you guys couldn't manage to find the motorcycles only parking? its a nice concrete pad so your sidestand won't sink into soft asphalt on a hot day. you can just make out the corner of it on the left side of this pic
We don't adhere to convention. "Motorcycle Only" parking is for fucking lemmings.

Plus your 1982 Honda Liquid Hot Burning Magma weighs like 73.8 times more than our sleek, modern motorcycles; thus sidestand support may be more essential for you than us.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 08-28-2014, 12:13 AM   #68412
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,606
Question Crf250m?

Based on the popular dual-purpose CRF250L, with revised suspension, uprated front brake and 17-inch wheels.

Just something I came across while researching WRX's ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:38 AM   #68413
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
If you look closely you can see helmets on the split rail fence. These belong to a group of wing dingers that pulled in just behind us. (where else would they be?) They were wearing colors (Pa paws of Anarchy ) or something. Food was our goal not confrontation. Lastly I like to leave parking spots on one wheel and asphalt is my preference for this type of launch.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:28 AM   #68414
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
If you look closely you can see helmets on the split rail fence. These belong to a group of wing dingers that pulled in just behind us. (where else would they be?) They were wearing colors (Pa paws of Anarchy ) or something.
Actually, those guys were coming back from a trip out west. I was in the bathroom cleaning my visor and they came in, and one guy said to me something about "I hate cleaning visors in bathrooms" and I replied that this was dirtier than normal because it had both bugs and dust on it; to which he replied that he knew a little something about dust as they were just returning from Devil's Tower, WY. He then started talking about having just bought a new 1190 Adventure but he wasn't sure about the durability of chain drive vs the shaft he was used to (heh, he said "shaft" in the men's room). Thankfully one of the Harley mooks stepped up and engaged him in a discussion of the relative merits of shaft v. belt v. Flintstones foot propulsion, so I could dry my hands and GTFO. If you recall, as they were walking past the Stroms he was looking at and commenting on the crazy chain drive to one of his compadres.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 08-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #68415
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Actually, those guys were coming back from a trip out west. I was in the bathroom cleaning my visor and they came in, and one guy said to me something about "I hate cleaning visors in bathrooms" and I replied that this was dirtier than normal because it had both bugs and dust on it; to which he replied that he knew a little something about dust as they were just returning from Devil's Tower, WY. He then started talking about having just bought a new 1190 Adventure but he wasn't sure about the durability of chain drive vs the shaft he was used to (heh, he said "shaft" in the men's room). Thankfully one of the Harley mooks stepped up and engaged him in a discussion of the relative merits of shaft v. belt v. Flintstones foot propulsion, so I could dry my hands and GTFO. If you recall, as they were walking past the Stroms he was looking at and commenting on the crazy chain drive to one of his compadres.

You my friend are very very observant.
As a old fart I feel safe in your company. You would make a exceptional LEO, ever thought about it?

Must be nice to fork out $$$$ for a 1190adv and not have a full understanding of the drive train system of which one has purchased. If my life could be so simple. I enjoy adjusting the chain it provides me a close up inspection of the surrounding components that miss during pre-flight do to my old fat worn out structure & eyesight.

B-Mac screwed with this post 08-28-2014 at 07:59 AM
B-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote