Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #991
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,576
HID Conversion on a 12GS (pictorial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnock View Post
Where did you source the LED replacement, I've been wanting to do this. Haven't ordered one since I wanted to make sure the one I got didn't cause a LAMPF.
The one I got from 1-Off has caused no fault codes.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend

mikegc screwed with this post 04-15-2012 at 02:28 PM
mikegc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #992
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Where did you source the LED replacement, I've been wanting to do this. Haven't ordered one since I wanted to make sure the one I got didn't cause a LAMPF.
Umm, post #983?
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #993
Bluetru
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
I called 1off to inquire about the led parking bulb and specifically if the hue or temperature was a near match to the 4300k upgrade hid from stock. I was told they are testing multiple bulbs now and the go to person on this project has been on vacation. It was recommended I check back in a month. They didn't want to push a product until they were confident of can bus issues. Somewhere there is a thread specific to the parking bulb replacement. To any Internet savy please feel free to add there too.
Bluetru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #994
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetru View Post
I called 1off to inquire about the led parking bulb and specifically if the hue or temperature was a near match to the 4300k upgrade hid from stock. I was told they are testing multiple bulbs now and the go to person on this project has been on vacation. It was recommended I check back in a month. They didn't want to push a product until they were confident of can bus issues. Somewhere there is a thread specific to the parking bulb replacement. To any Internet savy please feel free to add there too.
I'm one of the test dummies. Here's the led with the 4300 upgrade:

The high beam I received was a 6000, I may be going back to 4300 for more yellow light:

NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #995
regnock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Umm, post #983?
Did see that, however I was asking the other individual quoted in my post. Maybe he had ordered elsewhere? I see now that he answered that wasn't the case. :) Thanks though
Old 04-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #996
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

HID Conversion on a 12GS (pictorial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetru View Post
Gosh, I've never noticed. The low beam on mine, 4300K, completely overpowers that little parking light. If I turn on the 4300 K high beam . . . . well, you get my drift. Besides, my bike is so friggin' ugly, it doesn't matter to me. Anyway, here it is on The Dragon:

I hope this helps.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
Old 04-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #997
1offmotorsports
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
We have them in stock for all Can-bus and non Canbus models.

They should be up online by the end of the month, but if you call Spencer he can take your order and help you out.
Our lights are brighter than your honor student.
Phone: 888-225-6418
1offmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #998
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436

Got mine from Ebay a year ago for my 2010.
T10 LED Parking Light
EBay: "LED 194 2825 T10 W5W Wedge bulb (Xenon White) #37" from seller js.digital (I'm not affiliated with the seller) for $2.00 (incl. shipping).
Ebay:
This all new Hi Power LED bulbs use brand new Chip LED Technology. This bulb consists 5 LED clusters, each cluster consists 2-LED chips, literally it has 10 LEDs on this bulb. It provides super 180 degree wide view angle. It has 3clusters on top firing forward and 15 clusters firing rapidly. It is perfect application for the chrome reflector of your car. Replace the ugly filament bulbs with this ultra durable and non-fading brilliant beam LEDs.

tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #999
AndyM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 339
Put in 55w high and low from DDM just shy of two years ago. Yesterday when I started the bike to head to work I got a lampf error and no low beam. This morning I tore into it thinking that the ballast had failed. Just to be sure I plugged in a spare bulb and low and behold it wasn't the ballast. Swapped out the bulb and I'm good to go again.
Two years, 90k miles, one bulb burned out. I'm still a fan of DDM.
AndyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #1000
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
Put in 55w high and low from DDM just shy of two years ago. Yesterday when I started the bike to head to work I got a lampf error and no low beam. This morning I tore into it thinking that the ballast had failed. Just to be sure I plugged in a spare bulb and low and behold it wasn't the ballast. Swapped out the bulb and I'm good to go again.
Two years, 90k miles, one bulb burned out. I'm still a fan of DDM.
Good to hear...ya, I think you would have gone through about 5 halogen bulbs in that time!
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #1001
Epictetus70
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Looks Great! Have you had any issues (fault reading) with the Canbus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post

Got mine from Ebay a year ago for my 2010.
T10 LED Parking Light
EBay: "LED 194 2825 T10 W5W Wedge bulb (Xenon White) #37" from seller js.digital (I'm not affiliated with the seller) for $2.00 (incl. shipping).
Ebay:
This all new Hi Power LED bulbs use brand new Chip LED Technology. This bulb consists 5 LED clusters, each cluster consists 2-LED chips, literally it has 10 LEDs on this bulb. It provides super 180 degree wide view angle. It has 3clusters on top firing forward and 15 clusters firing rapidly. It is perfect application for the chrome reflector of your car. Replace the ugly filament bulbs with this ultra durable and non-fading brilliant beam LEDs.

Epictetus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #1002
dseric
Living for Adventure

Oddometer: 262
So just installed the VVME large all in one ballast on my '09 GS and it's not coming on. I get the quick flash when I turn the key on but won't light after start up. Strangely enough if I give it 12v from a battery it seems to work fine. Getting the dreaded Lamp! failure.

Any suggestions?

I used a similar ballast mounting method Touratech uses for their HID Xenon kit for '08+: HID Xenon kit Left side

Install pictures:

dseric screwed with this post 05-18-2012 at 08:33 AM Reason: Pics added
dseric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #1003
dutch97501
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseric View Post
So just installed the VVME large all in one ballast on my '09 GS and it's not coming on. I get the quick flash when I turn the key on but won't light after start up. Strangely enough if I give it 12v from a battery it seems to work fine. Getting the dreaded Lamp! failure.

Any suggestions?

I used a similar ballast mounting method Touratech uses for their HID Xenon kit for '08+: HID Xenon kit Left side

If its a GSA with spot lamps turn the spots off and hold the clutch in when you start the bike. Mine would do the Lampf if the battery was low or it was below 40 deg with a good batt.
dutch97501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #1004
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseric View Post

Any suggestions?

Install pictures:

My old VVME unit did the same thing but after it had been installed for a few weeks. Are you using a 35W kit with a CANBUS adapter:

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
Old 05-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #1005
dseric
Living for Adventure

Oddometer: 262
Just the 35w kit. No Canbus adapter. Used the install method discussed in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegc View Post
My old VVME unit did the same thing but after it had been installed for a few weeks. Are you using a 35W kit with a CANBUS adapter:

Mike