Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #1126
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 794
Were you guys at all concerned that this e-bay vendor has had so much negative feedback ? I was ready to buy and this stopped me a bit.
Also, the connector leading to the OEM harness, does it have the bare metal spade ends or is it enclosed ?
The OEM harness plug will stay behind the round rubber seal actually - correct ?
So maybe it doesn't need any shroud ?

Thanks,
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #1127
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_xx View Post
Were you guys at all concerned that this e-bay vendor has had so much negative feedback ? I was ready to buy and this stopped me a bit.
Also, the connector leading to the OEM harness, does it have the bare metal spade ends or is it enclosed ?
The OEM harness plug will stay behind the round rubber seal actually - correct ?
So maybe it doesn't need any shroud ?

Thanks,
I've ordered from them several times, but with the numbers he sells there are bound to be a few bad buyers and bad experiences.

The spades are protected by the OEM plug and hiding within the housing.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #1128
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 794
Thanks Jim :)
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #1129
Cigars&Scotch
My eyes are up here

Oddometer: 1,833
I just got my new 2013 GSA and am looking to do this mod. I have a set in my airhead (bi-zenon H4) and love the amount of light coming out, plus it uses less amps out of my charging system.

I have ordered the same one Jim recommended from ebay, thanks. I notice that they do not seem to have a canbus eliminator. Has anyone gotten the lamp out notification on a late model cam head?

"Why don't you buy some flea collars for your ankles so the ants wont climb up you leg and bite your candy ass!!!" Kennyanc 07 H.Springs

38 BMW R71 w/sidecar Kung Fu version
77 BMW R90S Huh ?
90 BMW R100GS/PD "At last!"

NRA Life Member, Trout Unlimited Life Member
Drink till I'm Drunk Life Member
Cigars&Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:17 AM   #1130
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Scotch View Post
I just got my new 2013 GSA and am looking to do this mod. I have a set in my airhead (bi-zenon H4) and love the amount of light coming out, plus it uses less amps out of my charging system.

I have ordered the same one Jim recommended from ebay, thanks. I notice that they do not seem to have a canbus eliminator. Has anyone gotten the lamp out notification on a late model cam head?
The 35 watt usually doesn't have that issue unless you have loose wiring on the headlight connector.

Jim
Old 02-11-2014, 12:58 AM   #1131
Falco888
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
I installed a 35W HID on the low bean on my water cooled. (High beans coming next). Good white light. However there is the small yellow light bulbs (parking/ courtesy light) which you cannot see on the picture, but it bugs me beyond believe. I read somewhere that you can replace it with a led. Does anybody knows the model/part number and where to get it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Falco888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:25 AM   #1132
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,742
My oem looked like this:

The led made it look like this:

I don't have the part number handy, but I do have a bunch. Let me know if you want some. I bet I can ship 5 for $5. . ..

Edit:
Some inmates have pm'd already, more than glad to ship the extras I have!

NoVa Rider screwed with this post 02-11-2014 at 08:15 AM
NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #1133
Falco888
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
My oem looked like this:

I don't have the part number handy, but I do have a bunch. Let me know if you want some. I bet I can ship 5 for $5. . ..

Edit:
Some inmates have pm'd already, more than glad to ship the extras I have!
Thank you Nova Rider!!!

MikeGC also offer a couple of the LEDs ( two offers, I feel lucky today ), and he will be in the area (Orange County, CA) on the next couple of weeks. If for some reason he cannot make it, I will shoot you and email.

Question, I seems by the pictures that you have the European version. I am wondering is the bulbs are the same as my parking lights. The one pointed by the red arrow is the one that I need. (see picture attached)

Old 02-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #1134
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,742
I didn't look at the wethead's oem parking light but can't believe they are different (as they aren't leds. . ..).
NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #1135
Falco888
Adventurer

So, I mounted the second HID for the high beam and the LED for the parking light. It looks amazing but ..... Now I'm getting the !lampf error, even when the lights are off. I am sure the computer didn't like to be plugging the lights back and for.
Is there a way to reset this error at least one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Falco888 screwed with this post 02-19-2014 at 09:53 PM
Old 02-20-2014, 08:37 AM   #1136
WTF-OVER
Yeah, Its Got a Boxer

Oddometer: 2,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
I have this kit, and it has worked flawlessly for the last two weeks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281008218250...ht_5611wt_1340

In my experience the 55 watt lights have many more lampf issues than the 35 watt kits. I find the 35 watt kits still produce much more than stock H7s.

Jim
Jim, I bought this kit like you suggested for my 09 GSA a few months ago. I finally installed it yesterday afternoon. when I installed both light assemblies I tested both hi and lo beams before I put the bike back together, and both worked fine. After installing the windshield, speedo assy, etc., I fired up the bike and the gas gauge wouldn't work, then the lampf error came on. I'm thinking WTF, right? I hooked up my GS911 to the bike and started going thru the different test modes. I finally came to the test that allows the fuel level to go from "full" to empty then back to full again. (I think that's what it did). When I did that the lo beam lampf error quit, the gas guage worked like it should, and the lo beam worked like it should. I tested it about 4 times and decided to go for a ride. (Ambient temps were in the mid 40's btw). the bike went about 7 miles then the lampf error showed up again and the fuel guage lights went out....
I rode home and parked the bike for the night.
Any ideas what I may have going on here?
Thanks for any input
Mike

"Adventure is taking a chance, starting down a path that you dont have all the answers to and finding that the unknown isnt always dangerous, it's just unknown."
..Simon and Lisa Thomas..

"yes thank u for noticing. it is hard being me. beauty is a curse"...
....stolen from Joey BMW
WTF-OVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:15 AM   #1137
lulo
Cochino Aventurero

Oddometer: 1,154
I installed both the high/low beam hid 35w kit from ddm plus replaced the little led light, I have the lampf warning ever since I fired her up.....any ideas ?, btw I have an 07 GSA
Old 02-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #1138
GrumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Happen to have a photo of the actual t10 LED lamp that you installed?

I ordered what I thought would work and it didn't fit into the housing.

Thanks,
jw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
My oem looked like this:

The led made it look like this:

IBA #59099

GrumpyOne screwed with this post 02-21-2014 at 06:20 AM
GrumpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:25 PM   #1139
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF-OVER View Post
Jim, I bought this kit like you suggested for my 09 GSA a few months ago. I finally installed it yesterday afternoon. when I installed both light assemblies I tested both hi and lo beams before I put the bike back together, and both worked fine. After installing the windshield, speedo assy, etc., I fired up the bike and the gas gauge wouldn't work, then the lampf error came on. I'm thinking WTF, right? I hooked up my GS911 to the bike and started going thru the different test modes. I finally came to the test that allows the fuel level to go from "full" to empty then back to full again. (I think that's what it did). When I did that the lo beam lampf error quit, the gas guage worked like it should, and the lo beam worked like it should. I tested it about 4 times and decided to go for a ride. (Ambient temps were in the mid 40's btw). the bike went about 7 miles then the lampf error showed up again and the fuel guage lights went out....
I rode home and parked the bike for the night.
Any ideas what I may have going on here?
Thanks for any input
Mike
Mike,

Where did you locate your ballast? In the wrong spot they can effect your other systems. Also, 55 watt or 35 watt?
Old 02-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #1140
WTF-OVER
Yeah, Its Got a Boxer

Oddometer: 2,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Mike,

Where did you locate your ballast? In the wrong spot they can effect your other systems. Also, 55 watt or 35 watt?
I got back into the bike last night. It was the 35 watt set that I installed. I found that the lo beam side HID is dead. I ran it directly to the battery and ..no light. So I popped the old 55 watt high beam bulb into the low beam side. ( I hope it can handle the extra amperage in that circuit). Now the low beam works fine so I'm guessing that I got a bad HID set from china?
the fuel level appears to have just gone gunny bags at the same time. I think I will try the Peizo trick before I order a new fuel strip.
thoughts?
BTW. I mounted the ballast against the right bar that holds the upper fairing . I can get a picture if you need to see exactly where.?

"Adventure is taking a chance, starting down a path that you dont have all the answers to and finding that the unknown isnt always dangerous, it's just unknown."
..Simon and Lisa Thomas..

"yes thank u for noticing. it is hard being me. beauty is a curse"...
....stolen from Joey BMW
WTF-OVER is offline   Reply With Quote