User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
slip OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
DRZ400S Corbin question

How is the seat when riding both on and off road? Just wondering if you slip around on it when riding off road. Can you go for 2 hour rides without your butt aching? Oh, how is the seat height compared to the stock seat? Yeah, I am thinking about asking Santa for one.

slip screwed with this post 11-26-2007 at 08:00 PM
slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
paochow
Bye bye desert

Oddometer: 1,197
I bought mine only to use on longer rides, and it worked so well that I left it on. It is thin near the front and wide near the back, so it works good both on and off. I did several 400 mile days on mine and it worked well.

With regard to height, if you call you can request a specific height. I ordered mine with a similar profile to stock but approximately .75" taller. I'm not sure how high the standard Corbin (the one on their website) is or how comfortable it is.

BTW: Order the black griper cover. It is fairly tough and prevents you from slipping around.

paochow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
slip OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by paochow
I bought mine only to use on longer rides, and it worked so well that I left it on. It is thin near the front and wide near the back, so it works good both on and off. I did several 400 mile days on mine and it worked well.

With regard to height, if you call you can request a specific height. I ordered mine with a similar profile to stock but approximately .75" taller. I'm not sure how high the standard Corbin (the one on their website) is or how comfortable it is.

BTW: Order the black griper cover. It is fairly tough and prevents you from slipping around.
Thanks for the info!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
moventurer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
What'dya know...

I have one and I think it is pretty comfy. Probably wouldn't use it for racing, but DR-Z is not typically raced.

Hey, what'dya know. I might have one in brand new condition for sale.
I'm too tall for the bike, so the shorter seat is not a move in the right direction.
It is not gripper material, but the carbon fiber, which is tough and looks really cool.
JMO, but unless you are trying to do front wheel stoppies, gripper material might just get your shorts in a knot over a long trip. LOL

[n00b alert: Be nice. I'm new.]

moventurer screwed with this post 11-28-2007 at 01:42 PM
moventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
RockinXJ
gettin the hang of it.

Oddometer: 175
no more gripper........

I just bought a Corbin for my Z a couple of weks ago and they no longer offer the Gripper cover. Something about the glue not adhering to the foam and the cover and would come loose if ridden agressively. I havent done any long rides but it is very comfortable for a couple of hours. It did lower the seat height a little and when riding you seem to just slide towards the front of the seat. I found myself gripping the tank more with my knees, which isn't a bad thing, to keep my butt back on the wider part of the seat. So far I give it an A for comfort. Still would have liked the gripper but like somebody said that might be bad on those 8 hr days.