Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #211
Lewy
Minus the LC8

Oddometer: 1,963
Finally got to catch up again after not having time to look at your report.

Keep up the good work.

The best team won the Grand Final this year

Not before time either.

Back to the ride report, how much use did you get of the highway pegs?
Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:38 PM   #212
HumanOne
shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer: 1,255
Yeah! Way to go Nevmeister!

Nev!

You really know how to mess with my "REHAB"

There I was trying to fit back into 'normal society' and become a 'Good Little Robot' again ... You know - checking the letterbox everyday for bills ... then unsuccessfully attempting to speak with human beings at places like the ATO and Utilities in order to ask simple questions .... Press 1 ... Press 3 .... wait for an hour .... get put through to the wrong dept .... Dial up again .... wait for another hour ... and so on and so on

Which wouldn't be as frustrating if once (if) you finally got through to a human at the other end they said ...

"Our shareholders apologize for being very greedy profit-seekers and wasting some of your very valuable one and only time on Planet Earth Sir! ... Here! Take this tablet and you'll live an extra day to make up for us being too tight-fisted to provide employment for someone to provide you, our valued customer, with something that resembles old-fashioned service"

Then I see pictures of you and your family sitting under waterfalls and swimming - Pictures of you riding your 950 through magnificent landscapes and meeting people and making friends along the way...
...Smiling. Smiling. Smiling

That's it! I need a new therapist. My doctor told me to keep away from ADVrider. He said if I saw pictures of people riding motorcycles and having fun, then I'd surely return to my old ways of riding aimlessly around the country, then maybe the world, then maybe other planets, who knows. He also said I'd never acquire enough material possessions or build myself a big enough castle to store all my material possessions. I'd never have enough walls to hang Plasma TVs on and then I'd have to go outside - where it's scary, there are damaging UV rays, the temperature is not controlled, like it is inside, I'd have to meet new people, talk to them. I'd have to learn how to smile again, and this would cause wrinkles, and make me look prematurely older than I really am.

He said I'd just keep doing things like this:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3457321&postcount=323

... and my life would be unpredictable. I'd never know what tomorrow held. I'd have 'different' things to deal with every day. There would be no stability or repetitiveness. I'd rarely get to see TV and find out all the bad things that are happening around the world everyday.

Nev! I've PM'd you. And provided your contact details to my therapist. He'll be in touch very soon.

Ooooh! I've gotta go! I just saw the postie put something in my letterbox. I have to run. I have to deal with whatever it is quickly before it gets out of control. I bet it's really really important. I must be a 'Good Little Robot' I must be a 'Good Little Robot' I must be a 'Good Little Robot'...

HumanOne screwed with this post 12-17-2007 at 05:44 PM
HumanOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:51 PM   #213
Clancy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanOne
Nev!

There I was trying to fit back into 'normal society' and become a 'Good Little Robot' again ... You know - checking the letterbox everyday for bills ... then unsuccessfully attempting to speak with human beings at places like the ATO and Utilities in order to ask simple questions .... Press 1 ... Press 3 .... wait for an hour .... get put through to the wrong dept .... Dial up again .... wait for another hour ... and so on and so on

Which wouldn't be as frustrating if once (if) you finally got through to a human at the other end they said ...

"Our shareholders apologize for being very greedy profit-seekers and wasting some of your very valuable one and only time on Planet Earth Sir! ... Here! Take this tablet and you'll live an extra day to make up for us being too tight-fisted to provide employment for someone to provide you, our valued customer, with something that resembles old-fashioned service"

Then I see pictures of you and your family sitting under waterfalls and swimming - Pictures of you riding your 950 through magnificent landscapes and meeting people and making friends along the way...

That's it! I need a new therapist. My doctor told me to keep away from ADVrider. He said if I saw pictures of people riding motorcycles and having fun, then I'd surely return to my old ways of riding aimlessly around the country, then maybe the world, then maybe other planets, who knows. He also said I'd never acquire enough material possessions or build myself a big enough castle to store all my material possessions. I'd never have enough walls to hang Plasma TVs on and then I'd have to go outside - where it's scary, there are damaging UV rays, the temperature is not controlled, like it is inside, I'd have to meet new people, talk to them. I'd have to learn how to smile again, and this would cause wrinkles, and make me look prematurely older than I really am.

... and my life would be unpredictable. I'd never know what tomorrow held. I'd have 'different' things to deal with every day. There would be no stability or repetitiveness. I'd rarely get to see TV and find out all the bad things that are happening around the world everyday.

Nev! I've PM'd you. And provided your contact details to my therapist. He'll be in touch very soon.

Ooooh! I've gotta go! I just saw the postie put something in my letterbox. I have to run. I have to deal with whatever it is quickly before it gets out of control. I bet it's really really important. I must be a 'Good Little Robot' I must be a 'Good Little Robot' I must be a 'Good Little Robot'...

Brilliant H1, Brilliant. He's upset a few others the same way too. But he has a little break every now and again just so we don't get too addicted. That Nev's got a lot to answer for.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:17 PM   #214
HamoAus
Springfield Lakes

Oddometer: 599
Nev where are you?
HamoAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #215
GazzaFish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 562
I'm dying to read the rest....... Nev?????
GazzaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:44 AM   #216
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanOne
Nev!

Hi H1..

I just need to point out it was your ride report that caused all my problems in the first place..

For all interested here is HumanOnes very well written report of his travels of Australia by KTM 950..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116544

Be warned though.. Once you start your in for a exciting few hours read..
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:50 AM   #217
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaFish
I'm dying to read the rest....... Nev?????
Hi Gazza..

About to do the next few days report mate.. Been holding back a bit as the next days ride ends with heaps of pain and still hurts to think about it..
Old 12-19-2007, 03:28 AM   #218
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs

Day # 30

Tried to put the wet weather liners back in my pants this morning but couldn`t work out the zipper system.. Thought I may have needed the thermal liners in first but while riding through the rain coming out of Cervanties it dawned on me that I may have had them inside out..

I`m sure my wife would have worked it out fairly easily if she had of been there to dress me and will now have another go tonight as by the looks I will have a few wet days ahead of me..

Stopped off at a road side rest area in Gin Gin for a coffee and to try and find internet access and recognised a park that we had visited a few years back when our family was here on holidays..

In this play area I was pushing my young daughter a touch too hard on the swings and she flew off mid flight.. Still feel bad about that but thankfully there was no real damage done other than a father that felt like a real idiot and a daughter that has a very long memory.. I don`t remember this sign being there so maybe they saw me and erected it soon after we left..

No internet at Gin Gin which I had wanted to find to get contact details of another forum member here and organise to meet him along todays leg.. Headed onto Upper Swan which once again had no internet access and soon found myself on the freeway system being pushed along by the many tin tops that had to be somewhere in a hurry.. I missed out catching up with him but will next time I`m in Perth..

Not too many pictures taken of todays travels with the morning rain and then not too many opportunities with the freeway system.. Did manage a brief stop at a boat ramp which I have no idea where it was.. South of Perth somewhere..

and a quick stop to have a look at these beaches that still impress me greatly before heading into my overnight destination at Bunbury....

While setting up my tent in the local caravan park I got chatting with a couple of young blokes and a girl in her mid twenties.. They were enjoying a beer and invited me over when I had finished setting up for a quiet one or two and not wanting to offend anyone I agreed..

Had a couple of beers and a good old chat about my bike travels and this and that and just on night fall the manager of the park pulls up wanting to speak with two of his workers.. After a short buisness conference he settled in for a couple of quiet ones with me and was very interested in my travels.. We hit it off well swapping many stories of travels, camping and a passion of mine, Barrumudi Fishing..

I decided to finish off the bottle of Muscat I was carrying and after that I was nearly ready for bed.. Rod would have nothing to do with that and went and got me a bottle of Port that was complementry that the park managers could give to anyone they thought would like one.. A guesture of good will if you like.. The night dissapeared very quickly as did the bottle of Port that I polished off by myself and still not content with my efforts he forced me into washing that down with another couple of beers.. I don`t remember much after Rod left somewhere after 2 am but I did have one of the best nights sleep in ages although sleeping on my mobile phone that I still had in my pocket left a tender spot when I woke..

Day 30 travels..

Cervanties> Gin Gin> Perth> Mandura> Bunbury..

522 klms..

nevgriff64 screwed with this post 12-19-2007 at 03:49 AM
Old 12-19-2007, 05:35 AM   #219
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs

Cry Day # 31 What the BLOODY hell have I done???

Woke up this morning which in itself was very good news.. What wasn`t good news was the way my head was feeling.. Had a real loud screaming noise going on and it took a while to work out the noise was coming from a model aeroplane the guy two camps down had running.. Cheeky bugger.. Fancy running that bloody noisy thing at..... 10 Oclock!!

SHIT... SHIT...

Check out time already and i`m not in a fit state for a quick pack up and hit the road.. Felt heaps better after a shower and thought I should start packing.. Got as far as packing my sleeping bag and while squashing it into the compression sack I nearly threw up inside the tent.. If this was feeling heaps better then I must have been very average before the shower..

I lay down on the floor to rest my head and woke up 2 hours later.. When I woke this time I wasn`t shaking so I knew now that this feeling better wasn`t just telling myself lies.. While lying there I made a promise to myself never to drink Port again and I sure do hope I was listening..

Had to make a decision on whether to get cracking and head towards Albany or stay the night again and chance another session with the park manager.. It took a bit but I was back on the road a bit after 2 pm..

Here`s the place I would recommend to any traveler but if anyone offers you a beer when your setting up your tent... do yourself a favour and tell them you don`t drink..

The ride down this part of the coast into Margaret River was a bit difficult for obvious reasons and made all the more difficult with the strong winds that was doing it`s best to push me off the road and into the large puddles of water just a few inches to the side of the road.. Not many photos again today with such a late start to the day and the ever increasing dark clouds building I decided to keep moving..

The South West of Western Australia is a place worthy of more time to explore with it`s many wineries and National Parks..

The ride from Karridale to Pemberton via Nannup was sensational.. The wind had eased and the road was winding it`s way through some beautiful country side.. The odd dairy farm and many wineries all added to the viewing pleasure..

If I was smart I would have stayed overnight in Pemberton but smart obviously wasn`t working too well for me at that time so I pushed on.. I arrived in Northcliffe just before sunset and even that didn`t push any smart buttons inside my head.. Not even a paddock full of Kangaroos and Emus warned me off the road for the night..

The big girl was really struggling here.. Strange thumping noise coming from inside one of her heads that was concerning, shaking violently every now and then and loud noises coming from the sagging rear end..

But that`s enough about me... the bike was still running fine..

Had to travel the last 100 + kilometres on dusk and well into darkness with speeds as low as 60 kph trying to avoid the large Kangaroos that for some reason decided to feed on the green grass beside the road instead of the green grass out in the paddocks.. These Roos are much larger than their cousins from up north and not to be messed with..

The road through Shannon National Park was narrow with large trees and thick shrubs close to the edge and quite a few times large Roos popped their heads up and looked at me just as I went past it.. They must have been used to traffic I guess as they didn`t move much if any on most occasions so all was good..

I was very releaved to finally make it to Walpole where I found a room for the night all be it pretty cold from the crisp night air..

Had a lovely Chicken Parma with extra vegies and tried again after dinner to fit the liners into my jacket and pants..I feel now the rest of this trip will be quite cool and pleased to know that the thermal liners of my jacket and pants are already safely tucked away back at home in Melbourne.. Yet another brilliant decision of mine to post them back a few weeks earlier..

Hard to believe with my decision making processes that I can be left in charge of children..

Day 31 travels..

Bunbury> Margaret River> Nannup> Pemberton> Walpole..

409 klms..
Old 12-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #220
S2W
I said wax ON you idiot!

Oddometer: 3,351
Old 12-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #221
GazzaFish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 562
GazzaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:10 AM   #222
Beeming
Itchy Feet

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64
While playing around some of these well groomed dirt roads I came across this little fellow that I had to stop and take a picture of.. He seemed happy to hang around and help me out..

Getting braver and braver I got a bit closer to get that magic shot..

Some lizards I believe are poisonous and I wasn`t asking if he was one of them..
Blue tongue Lizards or Bob Tails are harmless Nev When ever I see one on the road and I have just passed a truck or what ever I'll stop and move them off the road as they will sleep there all day sunning themselves and get run over
When ever I burn a pile of dry leaves I'll turn the pile first to check for Bob Tails as I've accidentally charcoaled few :-/ They say where ever you see a Bob Tail there will be no snakes around.
You can pick them up behind the head easy and the most they will do is gum ya if they latch on Good pic BTW

Thanks for the great RR

Tads
07 GS1200ADV (History), 2008 Oz Trike, 93 FLHS HD, 83 XLH HD(Missus Bike), 97 GSX-R-600(Ex SuperSport Race Bike), 97 XR-400, 74 Norton Commando Mk II(Ex Post Classic race Bike), 06 DT-175, 82 CB-250, 02 VMoto. Work to Ride, Ride to Work
http://wwf.org.au/ourwork/species/
...Adventure before Dementia...
Beeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:46 AM   #223
helterskelter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebeak
Lovely stuff Nev. But stop posting all the good beach shots.
We don't want you all moving over here, it's nice and quiet at the moment.
hmm

double ditto... on both points... haha

:] sup
helterskelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #224
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,678
My mate owns Bunbury Village.. He's the chairman of Top Tourist Parks of Australia and a good bloke. My Park in Sydney is in the Chain. Glad they made you feel welcome mate.

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:13 AM   #225
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
Good work Nev.

Must say that I have never been sicker than after a couple of nights drinking large amounts of port.

Hopefully I have finally learnt my lesson after the last one...