ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Flameout OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Flameout's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: I'm right where I'm suppose to be all the time!
Oddometer: 274
Question KTMtwins?

Ordered a Rally Raid fairing from them. They sent an email stating the black one is on back order till 5/20/12. Ok.

Emailed them back wondering if that meant it will get to me on the 20th or to them on the 20th. Got an email back 15min later stating that my order has shipped. Huh?

Anyone have any experience with KTMtwins?
__________________
"Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
Frederick The Great (1712 AD - 1786 AD)

FOLLOW ME!
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...rytJ4p77xkQ75p
Flameout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
kingoftwins
Adventurer
 
kingoftwins's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Oddometer: 98
KTMTwins Order Status Notification

Apologizes for the confusion regarding the email notification as well as the account information on our order status. We are in the process of updating our software in order to add some unique notifications on your orders that pertain to our needs and hope that with this software upgrade that it will resolve allot of questions that many of you have with your order status. We have recently updated notifications on our items in the hopes that it will notify you of the items availability better then what we were doing in the past. Unfortunately the software that we are using was the best that was available at the time we switched over but from my input being the operations manager here I have some input as to changes that I feel will make your experience here at KTMTwins.com better and more informative. I.E. Product Videos and Updated Order Notification Status such as Partially Shipped Order, Partially Shipped Order with Back Ordered Item Shipping when in and so on. We do want to apologize for the confusion that many of you have had with this and want to assure you that we are not taking it lightly and want to make the necessary changes. We want to thank you for your patience with and want to thank you for your support.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout View Post
Ordered a Rally Raid fairing from them. They sent an email stating the black one is on back order till 5/20/12. Ok.

Emailed them back wondering if that meant it will get to me on the 20th or to them on the 20th. Got an email back 15min later stating that my order has shipped. Huh?

Anyone have any experience with KTMtwins?
kingoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
Mike at Tank Vest
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mike at Tank Vest's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Inwood, WV
Oddometer: 222
The guys at KTM Twins are great. Glad they responded to your inquiry here so fast. I wouldn't have any hesitation about buying from them... which I will when I get my 990...

Mike
__________________
Impossible is a word for the weak. I like to think the word impossible is just another way of saying, "Interesting Challenge".

2006 KLR 650, 1988 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200, 1980 KLX 250
www.tankvest.com
Mike at Tank Vest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
kingoftwins
Adventurer
 
kingoftwins's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Oddometer: 98
Thanks Mike. You guys are the best as well.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike at Tank Vest View Post
The guys at KTM Twins are great. Glad they responded to your inquiry here so fast. I wouldn't have any hesitation about buying from them... which I will when I get my 990...

Mike
kingoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
markwoodlief
Beastly Adventurer
 
markwoodlief's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Vernon, WA
Oddometer: 3,670
Question KTMTwins Communication?

For my 950 years ago I had excellent customer service, this time it's a nightmare.

I ordered KLIM gloves and KTM tie downs online.

Got a call a few days later saying the gloves were on back order and they asked if I wanted to hold the tie down until the gloves arrived. I was in no hurry at all so said that sure would be fine, whoever called me was a very cool guy. I liked him immediately. He gave me some good advice about how I've tore through 3 sets of KLIM Advenure gloves and how to go about getting them repaired.

Then the next day my tie downs ship, what I was just told they would be held up for a while until my gloves get in. They get to my house and they're the wrong ones.

I tried to call many times, I tried to email.. No responses. Finally Ron emails me and says sorry about that we will send you the correct tie downs and go ahead keep the other ones as a gift for the mistake. I was pretty surprised by that, but ok great act of customer service.

Then I get the new tie downs with a UPS label to return the old ones, the ones he said I could keep.

I've tried to call many times, leaving voicemails every time ,to cancel my glove order as I'm not confident in their ability to handle anything anymore. No responses to my emails or voice mails.


From My Account Page on KTM Twins Documents this.

I'm about ready to order a bunch of stuff for my 690 Enduro, but am really cautious now. I have like a $1200 order prepared, but thinking I need to shop somewhere else. I have this odd trait apparently where I need some sort of communication from the people that I give my money too, especially if there is an issue.

Customer communication is key and they've seem to have lost that somewhere.


May 15, 2015 4:19:21 PM
05/15/2015 - SHIPPING OUT CORRECT SET OF TIE DOWNS "NEXT DAY AIR" INCLUDING UPS RETURN LABEL. RON
May 13, 2015 11:21:55 AM
05/13/2015 - Mark we received your message this morning. Sincere apologizes for the mistake. We have another set, the correct one's on order with KTM and are paying for Next Day Air to get them here by tomorrow hopefully. Please hold onto those that you were sent as a gift for the mistake. We will get the Hook Style shipped out to you the minute they arrive here at the shop. Ron
May 11, 2015 11:29:15 AM
5-11-15 Customer contacted, gloves not in stock, invoice put in Ron's box in order to have UPW1517204 added to LS.
May 11, 2015 11:20:20 AM
5-11-15 Invoice in process. ML.
__________________
2012 690 Enduro R
markwoodlief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:31 PM   #6
Augdog1964
2015 BMW R1200GSA
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Location: Richmond, IN
Oddometer: 62
Same issue

Tried to return peg extenders for my 690... for sure I was beyond the return time by 1 week, but I was traveling on business...

SO, I asked if I could just switch it to another product, and not get a $$ refund, no response. Phone call... "send pics of what you bought and we'll decide..." no response...

email asking for update... no response..

my response? Never order from KTMTwins...

Dave Bane
Augdog1964
Augdog1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #7
markwoodlief
Beastly Adventurer
 
markwoodlief's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Vernon, WA
Oddometer: 3,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augdog1964 View Post
Tried to return peg extenders for my 690... for sure I was beyond the return time by 1 week, but I was traveling on business...

SO, I asked if I could just switch it to another product, and not get a $$ refund, no response. Phone call... "send pics of what you bought and we'll decide..." no response...

email asking for update... no response..

my response? Never order from KTMTwins...

Dave Bane
Augdog1964
crazy.. really frustrating.. now who the hell do I give all my spare parts money too?
__________________
2012 690 Enduro R
markwoodlief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:29 AM   #8
Ladukebob
lost in hood river
 
Ladukebob's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Hood River, Or.
Oddometer: 1,884
I've ordered a few things of late for my 690 and have had zero problems. Hope things work out.
__________________
It's not an adventure until you cross a bridge , 2011 WR250, 2015 ktm 690r
findLadukebob
Ladukebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM   #9
Boer08
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augdog1964 View Post
Tried to return peg extenders for my 690... for sure I was beyond the return time by 1 week, but I was traveling on business...

SO, I asked if I could just switch it to another product, and not get a $$ refund, no response. Phone call... "send pics of what you bought and we'll decide..." no response...

email asking for update... no response..

my response? Never order from KTMTwins...

Dave Bane
Augdog1964
I just filed a dispute with my bank. What a horrible company to deal with. Ordered $1000 worth of aftermarket parts, and they don't respond to emails or phone calls.

I am about to spend $4K on aftermarket parts, any suggestions for a company that has good customer service? (Mostly KTM parts).

Thanks.

Boer08 screwed with this post Yesterday at 01:51 PM
Boer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #10
markwoodlief
Beastly Adventurer
 
markwoodlief's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Vernon, WA
Oddometer: 3,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwoodlief View Post
For my 950 years ago I had excellent customer service, this time it's a nightmare.

I ordered KLIM gloves and KTM tie downs online.

Got a call a few days later saying the gloves were on back order and they asked if I wanted to hold the tie down until the gloves arrived. I was in no hurry at all so said that sure would be fine, whoever called me was a very cool guy. I liked him immediately. He gave me some good advice about how I've tore through 3 sets of KLIM Advenure gloves and how to go about getting them repaired.

Then the next day my tie downs ship, what I was just told they would be held up for a while until my gloves get in. They get to my house and they're the wrong ones.

I tried to call many times, I tried to email.. No responses. Finally Ron emails me and says sorry about that we will send you the correct tie downs and go ahead keep the other ones as a gift for the mistake. I was pretty surprised by that, but ok great act of customer service.

Then I get the new tie downs with a UPS label to return the old ones, the ones he said I could keep.

I've tried to call many times, leaving voicemails every time ,to cancel my glove order as I'm not confident in their ability to handle anything anymore. No responses to my emails or voice mails.


From My Account Page on KTM Twins Documents this.

I'm about ready to order a bunch of stuff for my 690 Enduro, but am really cautious now. I have like a $1200 order prepared, but thinking I need to shop somewhere else. I have this odd trait apparently where I need some sort of communication from the people that I give my money too, especially if there is an issue.

Customer communication is key and they've seem to have lost that somewhere.


May 15, 2015 4:19:21 PM
05/15/2015 - SHIPPING OUT CORRECT SET OF TIE DOWNS "NEXT DAY AIR" INCLUDING UPS RETURN LABEL. RON
May 13, 2015 11:21:55 AM
05/13/2015 - Mark we received your message this morning. Sincere apologizes for the mistake. We have another set, the correct one's on order with KTM and are paying for Next Day Air to get them here by tomorrow hopefully. Please hold onto those that you were sent as a gift for the mistake. We will get the Hook Style shipped out to you the minute they arrive here at the shop. Ron
May 11, 2015 11:29:15 AM
5-11-15 Customer contacted, gloves not in stock, invoice put in Ron's box in order to have UPW1517204 added to LS.
May 11, 2015 11:20:20 AM
5-11-15 Invoice in process. ML.
UPDATE::
Ron sent me an email apologizing for all of this mess and offered to refund my card immediately. Which of course hasn't happened at all. He replied to my email from the 12th on the 20th. So it took them 8 days to get to my email.. I ordered gloves from another company and received them at my house in less time then it took for them to reply to my email..
__________________
2012 690 Enduro R
markwoodlief is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015