Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #61
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermin
My son, the drifter, is a normal 14 year old boy. snip...Bless his heart he has normal adolescent concerns. ...snip...

Drifter never even read it!
So he claims.

I'd bet a coffee he has. And liked it.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #62
windburn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,169
The ride to Alaska

I'll look forward to your report with your daughter. your a fine man . P>S> the canadians will want some proof that she is your daughter.
windburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:52 AM   #63
cristofa
returnee

Oddometer: 137
Quote:
I think the thing that may bust loose the creative clot will be his natural competition with his twin sister, dollbaby, who will go with me to alaska in three weeks.
... another trip, fantastic, I can't wait - your RR was one of the most entertaining and inciteful I've read on this forum. Lucky dollbaby to partake in one of your adventures.

Just a thought - suppose you and dollbaby share/alternate posts so we get both sides of the story in one go?

And please get yourself a good, functioning, camera ...

cristofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:20 AM   #64
Zebedee
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753
Quote:
... the creative clot ...
Excuse me, did you just refer to your son as "the creative clot"?

... or is the "clot" pun something that only works if you are from the north of England?

... regardless, I look forward the Alaskaan RR from the points of view of both the father and daughter.

However, if I can make a request: Could you please make sure one or other of you has a functioning camera to hand for most of the time.

I wait with baited breath ...
Old 05-31-2008, 06:50 AM   #65
SR1
I'm a Seoul Man...

Oddometer: 4,274
Bated breath, too.
SR1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:39 PM   #66
Amazingly Katy
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Drifter!

Drifter! Come on! If you're reading this, you're already on the computer, so sign in and write! Stop being so lazy! Actually I really couldn't care less, it's just you were telling me about people giving you a hard time for not writing, so I thought I might do it too. Yay!

Does this smiley have a unibrow?

Sincerely, your Best Friend of the Female Variety (if I may steal some words)

Woody Allen
Amazingly Katy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #67
IceCreamSoldier
suffering somewhere

Oddometer: 478
you know, the boy has some chops when it comes to writing and since Pops is reviewing this thread, I'd like to give an atta-boy to that genius comparison to a(n) Xmas ornament. I took my 13 year old on a 5 day ride to Normandy and Bastogne this year. It was a fabulous time. Two weeks later I took my 11 year old moto camping in Croatia. Now I"m back in the US, NO BIKE, and buying cars and waiting for all our crap to arrive. I will make my wife read BOTH Vermins and Drifters reports as clearly she doesn't get it when it comes to why I love it. For your time and wit, father and son, I am forever grateful.

So, my money is on BabyDoll to one up Drifters AND Vermin and get her report up toute suite.
IceCreamSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #68
Wout67
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,138
Vermin, please add my kudos to your son's writing abilities. I laughed out loud several times while I read his comments. Procrastinating, and sh*tty photos are of secondary importance to his writing.

How many photos did Ernest Hemmingway take? How long did it take him to write his novels? How about Poe?

Encourage your son. He's definitely got a gift.

www.iamsecond.com
Wout67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #69
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,415
Vermin and Dollbaby:)

You can bet the Alaska trip with these two will be a classic, it has already started, "Grapes of Rat" has already started, it will be good.

I was lucky enough to ride a bit of the journey with these two and may I tell you , in person they are just as entertaining or even more so. Enjoy , for I sure enjoyed our time together on the road.

gale
Gale B.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #70
DriftWest OP
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Before I begin, I'll list off all of my excuses. Pick whichever one you like:

1. I was suffering from three different terminal illnesses, which I do not feel like naming.
2. My hands were broken when I had a small financial dispute with the mafia, so I was forced to write with my feet.
3. I was kidnapped by an insane fan.
4. I had a really, really long track meet.
5. I was trying to piss off my dad, but recently realized that he would bite back. And Vermin is a disease carrying rodent.

I have a friend whose dad, a loyal husband, once ran twenty-one miles in the rain to mail a letter to his girlfriend, who he later married.

My dad, on the other hand, scheduled a motorcycle trip over his anniversary, and laughed audibly when he recieved the 'hairy eye' from my mom. The hairy eye is a look that only mothers, angry aunts, and flight attendants can perfect. It sends fear down the spine of any logical human who get's in the way. (They have actually tried to train housewives with hairy eye potential for use in the miitary. The broken-curfew hairy eye is horrifying, so I'd hate to see the Jihadist hairy eye).

Anyways, we stopped at a post office to mail the anniversary card, but noticed it was covered in STABIL fuel stabilizer. "The STABIL represents the stability of our love." my dad wrote.

We rode towards Greeley, Colorado, and ate breakfast in Loveland. An hour or so later, we were cruising towards Estes park in the Rocky mountains. This was when:
a. The camera started malfunctioning.
b. I decided that I would take nothing but fuzzy, pointless pictures even if we did fix it. The more expensive the repair, the lower the quality of my pictures. I would give some examples, but this is not my computer, so I don't have access to any of the four-thousand pictures of Vermin's helmet.

After executing all of the hikes and photo-ops required by Rocky Mountain tourists, we cruised on to my Aunt's boyfriend's condo on the side of Copper Mountain.

They were both their, and gave us red beans and rice, which is all the sawn of vermin ever get to eat. I got addicted to Tabasco Hot Sauce that day. After eight weeks in rehab, I think I'm finally over it.

(Hot sauce is good, but Vermin is covered in sores that came from HIS life-long addiction to the stuff).

Before I go to sleep, I realize that the familiar faces remind me of home. Instead of getting homesick, though, I pretty much mae up my mind to become a drifter when I'm older. Unfortunately, Vermin is trying to discourage me from even riding motorcycles.
DriftWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #71
Mike.Gail
Intentionally Blank

Oddometer: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftWest
Before I begin, I'll list off all of my excuses. Pick whichever one you like:

1. I was suffering from three different terminal illnesses, which I do not feel like naming.
2. My hands were broken when I had a small financial dispute with the mafia, so I was forced to write with my feet.
3. I was kidnapped by an insane fan.
4. I had a really, really long track meet.
5. I was trying to piss off my dad, but recently realized that he would bite back. And Vermin is a disease carrying rodent.

I have a friend whose dad, a loyal husband, once ran twenty-one miles in the rain to mail a letter to his girlfriend, who he later married.

My dad, on the other hand, scheduled a motorcycle trip over his anniversary, and laughed audibly when he recieved the 'hairy eye' from my mom. The hairy eye is a look that only mothers, angry aunts, and flight attendants can perfect. It sends fear down the spine of any logical human who get's in the way. (They have actually tried to train housewives with hairy eye potential for use in the miitary. The broken-curfew hairy eye is horrifying, so I'd hate to see the Jihadist hairy eye).

Anyways, we stopped at a post office to mail the anniversary card, but noticed it was covered in STABIL fuel stabilizer. "The STABIL represents the stability of our love." my dad wrote.

We rode towards Greeley, Colorado, and ate breakfast in Loveland. An hour or so later, we were cruising towards Estes park in the Rocky mountains. This was when:
a. The camera started malfunctioning.
b. I decided that I would take nothing but fuzzy, pointless pictures even if we did fix it. The more expensive the repair, the lower the quality of my pictures. I would give some examples, but this is not my computer, so I don't have access to any of the four-thousand pictures of Vermin's helmet.

After executing all of the hikes and photo-ops required by Rocky Mountain tourists, we cruised on to my Aunt's boyfriend's condo on the side of Copper Mountain.

They were both their, and gave us red beans and rice, which is all the sawn of vermin ever get to eat. I got addicted to Tabasco Hot Sauce that day. After eight weeks in rehab, I think I'm finally over it.

(Hot sauce is good, but Vermin is covered in sores that came from HIS life-long addiction to the stuff).

Before I go to sleep, I realize that the familiar faces remind me of home. Instead of getting homesick, though, I pretty much mae up my mind to become a drifter when I'm older. Unfortunately, Vermin is trying to discourage me from even riding motorcycles.
HOLY CRAP HE'S ALIVE!!!

"Injuries are the price we pay for not having sat around on our asses!" - Steve in ATL
Mike.Gail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #72
DriftWest OP
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I thought this kind of fit the theme of the site, so I decided to post it. (It was the introduction to my eighth grade autobigraphy. The teacher gave me a 'D' on this part, because it was over the word limit by about six words). Here it is:

The term ‘Wanderlust’ does not accurately describe the emotions felt by people like me, my father, and the hundreds of other people in the nation who are not truly happy unless they are on vacation, thousands of miles from home. ‘Wanderlove’ is a much more accurate description.

Lust, in my opinion, is just a desire that is easily fulfilled and can be stowed away in the back of the human mind when it is inconvenient. Love, however, is an undying need that often dominates all other thoughts and feelings, and cannot be stowed away. To love something is to be sad, nearly to the point of insanity, without it, and to relish every moment you spend with it.

I truly love to travel. The monotony of the Western plains and the rock formations in the deserts of Utah have inspired me greatly, followed closely by the steep roads in the Rocky Mountains which can only be described as Colossal and Beautiful.

I have had a case of wanderlust since the time I was about four, when I went to West Virginia on vacation. That lust developed into love last summer, when my dad and I rode to San Diego on our motorcycle, (affectionately named Cack).

So, I title my autobiography ‘Wanderlust’, because it is a familiar term. ‘Wanderlove’, however, is much more fitting.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
--Henry David Thoreau

"I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words."
--Pete Wentz

"Hey-Ho, Let's Go"
--The Ramones
DriftWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:53 AM   #73
Mileater
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
Laugh There IS life in the cupboard!

Welcome back to the world Drifter. I and a few hundred other inmates have been hangin' out for the resumption of this classic tale , so it's good to see you back on the board! A possible competing piece from a sibling didn't have anything to do with this, did it??
Whatever.. great to have you back... more please

Cheers,
Allan
Old 07-31-2008, 02:48 AM   #74
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,953
It's about. Freaking. Time.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:46 PM   #75
The Dude Himself
Hooked on Dirt!!

Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown
It's about. Freaking. Time.

He's taking his cues from ilMostro. Poor kid.

PS: ilMostro: WTF are you going to throw those pictures to your smugmug?
The Dude Himself is online now   Reply With Quote