ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #196
deli-g650
bring'n the funk
 
deli-g650's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Oddometer: 195
anyone taking their x-country to gillete for the bmw ralley in july?
__________________
Remember, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph.
deli-g650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #197
RobbieO
Muskokatard
 
RobbieO's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Dumpmere - Muskoka
Oddometer: 6,620
OK ,guys, here we go!
The 2009 X-Country has a "re-shaped" seat, thus lowering the seat height.
Anyone know how much lower this seat is?
My readings also tell me that the front brake lever is 5 way adjustable, and the clutch lever is 4 way.
Anyone know if these are a direct fit to the 2007 X-Country?

I still hate the yellow!
__________________
FREE Radar stickers..... http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=10912
RADAR Tees for Kids!....
http://www.teespring.com/radarrescue
RobbieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #198
P3R
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieO
OK ,guys, here we go!
The 2009 X-Country has a "re-shaped" seat, thus lowering the seat height.
It's not only the seat, both front and rear suspension is also revised. Comparing the seats visibly I'd say the suspension is were most of the gain comes from.
Quote:
Anyone know how much lower this seat is?
45 mm.
Quote:
My readings also tell me that the front brake lever is 5 way adjustable, and the clutch lever is 4 way.
Anyone know if these are a direct fit to the 2007 X-Country?
Good question. From the images at least it looks like it might be a possibility.
P3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #199
RobbieO
Muskokatard
 
RobbieO's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Dumpmere - Muskoka
Oddometer: 6,620
P3R,
I'm more interested in buying the '09 seat for my 07, if there is a noticeable difference.
__________________
FREE Radar stickers..... http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=10912
RADAR Tees for Kids!....
http://www.teespring.com/radarrescue
RobbieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #200
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lewiss66's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: French Alpes
Oddometer: 325
You're right RobbieO,
This seat is a pain. It's got a hot spot in the middle of the seat where actually your but seats the most but it's not comfy at all. So you've got to switch between moving frontward for low speed or when stoping the bike and backward when cruising. I think It needs a bit of foam in the front of the seat covering a bit more the fake tank.
Maybe like this one:
http://wunderlich.de/frame.php?&lay1=2&lay2=6
lewiss66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:07 AM   #201
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lewiss66's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: French Alpes
Oddometer: 325
I also noticed this bike is missing a little bit of torque at middle revs. Like the XT660 which is more a heavy bike than the XC but responds better at that revs ( makes easier to lift the front wheel). So I wonder if It needs more air to come in ( with a aftermarket air filter) and some fuel mods ( resistors to trick the injection system and increase fuel). If you look at the torque curve It's very flat compare to the 660XT one. The problem is that it might increase a bit more the fuel consumption and then the bike will run under 100 MPG wich is not much. The tank is now the one to blame for and I think that it'll be a good idea to make a new mod to increase the fuel tank this time by rerouting the exhaust pipe under the engine living some free rooms to increase the size of the tank on the left and side and no more heat on left leg as well.
What's your point of view?

lewiss66 screwed with this post 05-10-2008 at 12:38 AM
lewiss66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:59 AM   #202
Max Kool
Xtankteam™
 
Max Kool's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,216
Remove the inside cover of the airbox. The one that directly covers the airfilter element. This improves engine responsiveness.

And fit a 14 tooth front spocket.
Max Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:36 AM   #203
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lewiss66's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: French Alpes
Oddometer: 325
Thanks Max Kool,
Do you mean removing the snorkel? How does it feel like? Do you still ear the engine?
No, seriously I was thinking of installing an aftermarket filter.
Does it also do the trick for the torque?
14 tooth F.sprocket might help but it'll reduces the top speed.
What's the new speed know? I've heard that the shifting between 1st & 2nd gears is improved

lewiss66 screwed with this post 05-10-2008 at 06:05 AM
lewiss66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:19 AM   #204
Max Kool
Xtankteam™
 
Max Kool's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiss66
Thanks Max Kool,
Do you mean removing the snorkel? How does it feel like? Do you still ear the engine?
No, seriously I was thinking of installing an aftermarket filter.
Does it also do the trick for the torque?
14 tooth F.sprocket might help but it'll reduces the top speed.
What's the new speed know? I've heard that the shifting between 1st & 2nd gears is improved
Yep, the snorkel thingy. I did that after a week on my Xchallenge, and I don't even know where I left it. Never put it back on. It makes the breathe more freely without much extra noise. All it does is produce a nice throaty snarl in the airbox.

I can't speak for any aftermarket filters, I still use the stock ones. They the Unifilter option releases another pony. Low down torque has improved though with just the snorkel removed, which was what I was looking for.

The 14 tooth front sprocket does reduce top speed, and on the street you don't really need it. Come to think of it, the Xcountry comes stock with a 16 tooth sprocket, so gearing down to 15 tooth will be more than enough without sacrificing top speed too much. I have an 18" rear wheel where the Xcountry has a 17" one. One tooth down on the front still makes the bike go over 95 mph, more than enough for me.

My bike shifts good anyway, it has never been a problem. A bit notchy and when it misses a gear it's always my left foot who's to blame. I have noticed though on both my F650 Dakar and my current Xchallenge semisynth does improve shifting.
Max Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:27 AM   #205
pfb
Riding, not skiing.
 
pfb's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Boulder|Denver|Winter Park
Oddometer: 5,263
Asaracho's bike, now my bike, and also for sale.

Too many bikes, not enough cash.

Do like the front fairing I added, though...



__________________
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
950 Adventure 950 Super Enduro 450 XC-W Six Days
pfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:29 AM   #206
pfb
Riding, not skiing.
 
pfb's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Boulder|Denver|Winter Park
Oddometer: 5,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiss66
Have a look at this pictures of this mods from a german guy. Nice look!

http://www.f650.de/forum/thread.php?...try#post115217
Definitely like the look of his high fender...

__________________
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
950 Adventure 950 Super Enduro 450 XC-W Six Days
pfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #207
deli-g650
bring'n the funk
 
deli-g650's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Oddometer: 195
pfb
so....... you bought arasacho bike and now your selling it.
also....
did you put the high fender on that bike? ----pics----

also looks like you got the fly screen mounted up..... hows it working out for ya?
__________________
Remember, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph.

deli-g650 screwed with this post 05-10-2008 at 08:04 AM
deli-g650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:49 AM   #208
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lewiss66's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: French Alpes
Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Kool
Yep, the snorkel thingy. I did that after a week on my Xchallenge, and I don't even know where I left it. Never put it back on. It makes the breathe more freely without much extra noise. All it does is produce a nice throaty snarl in the airbox.

I can't speak for any aftermarket filters, I still use the stock ones. They the Unifilter option releases another pony. Low down torque has improved though with just the snorkel removed, which was what I was looking for.

The 14 tooth front sprocket does reduce top speed, and on the street you don't really need it. Come to think of it, the Xcountry comes stock with a 16 tooth sprocket, so gearing down to 15 tooth will be more than enough without sacrificing top speed too much. I have an 18" rear wheel where the Xcountry has a 17" one. One tooth down on the front still makes the bike go over 95 mph, more than enough for me.

My bike shifts good anyway, it has never been a problem. A bit notchy and when it misses a gear it's always my left foot who's to blame. I have noticed though on both my F650 Dakar and my current Xchallenge semisynth does improve shifting.
Great, What about your fuel consumption now?
Still over 100MPG?
lewiss66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #209
Max Kool
Xtankteam™
 
Max Kool's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,216
100 mpg?? I've never reached that.

It all depends on you right wrist anyway. The more hooliganistic you ride, the worse it gets. But it's always better than any bike I've owned before. Most of the time between 20 and 25 kms to the ltr.
Max Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #210
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lewiss66's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: French Alpes
Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Kool
100 mpg?? I've never reached that.

It all depends on you right wrist anyway. The more hooliganistic you ride, the worse it gets. But it's always better than any bike I've owned before. Most of the time between 20 and 25 kms to the ltr.
Hoops! I mean 50MPG That conversions drive me --. Actually km & liters sounds better for
me!
I drive about 160 km before the light blinks! That's not a lot tough.

lewiss66 screwed with this post 05-10-2008 at 09:34 AM
lewiss66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014