Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #5881
Braunry
gravel grinder

Oddometer: 120
I haven't posted in a while. Had a baby boy recently, so time has been at a premium. Managed to sneak away for a couple hours the other day.
Attached Images

Braunry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #5882
Braunry
gravel grinder

Here's another
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #5883
Braunry
gravel grinder

And one from work
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #5884
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,479
Snooker is still waffling on Baja like that democratic presidential candidate with the charicature face from a few years ago. So more ideas to help send him over the edge are needed. Well, I guess if you've read his thesis (the thesises, thesie, WTF is the plural of thesis anyhow?) on batteries and shocks you know he's already over the edge.

I would think motorcycling and camping on warm sunny beaches while his homeland is in the middle of the annual white apocalypse would be all the reason needed (see, he's clearly not thinking straight).

So, more reasons for Snooker to do Baja.

3 weeks should thaw his junk out from the cold Colorado winter.

Honestly dude, your wife probably would love 3 weeks without you.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #5885
RandinIowa
A.D.D. Rider

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by braunry View Post
here's another
great photos. Where you @ anyways? My inlaws live in ?lahina?.
RandinIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #5886
Braunry
gravel grinder

i'm up on the North Shore of O'ahu. There are a bunch of old cane haul roads and power line roads above Haleiwa. They are pretty decent for a quick fix. Your in-laws live in Lahaina, huh? Maui is nice. More dirt over there and on the Big Island than on O'ahu.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #5887
soreass
soreass

Oddometer: 124
Renazco seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottV View Post
I finally received my Renazco seat. It only took 6 month's from the day I ordered it until the day I received it. Too bad my XCo is still in the shop getting repaired from my accident. So, I have not had a chance to try it yet. It looks really nice though. He made it more of a "flat" seat, which is what I requested. I am 6'3" so this should give me a little more leg room. I can't wait to try it.

I'm new to the Xcountry world. Recently bought an '07 and only got to try it out for a couple of short rides before the weather got nasty but the stock seat is something I think needs improvement quite badly. So, Scott, tell me how your liking your Renazco and would you recommend it. Anybody else have anything to add?
soreass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:52 AM   #5888
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,479
If you plan to do a lot of riding and some long days, and you want über comfortable, check out Cycle Solutions:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454774

Disclaimer, yes we do sell for them, but I also do a discount for my X-Co brothers if you order through me.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #5889
soreass
soreass

Oddometer: 124
Well, uber comfortable would be good. I'm new to dual sport type riding, even though I've had a few GS's which I used for on road riding only. A few of my friends have gone from street bikes to KLR's and love exploring all the local backroads and trails so I thought I would join them. My '07 XCountry was advertised locally and was only slightly more money than a same age KLR so I went with it. I like the extra power and the fun-factor it provides but it definitely has less carrying capacity and fuel range, both of which I'll try to address this winter.

Pm'd you about the seat.
soreass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #5890
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Scotts Steering Stabilizer on a G650XC?

In my continuing quest to prepare the XC for my end of year Baja trip I bought a steering stabilizer. Has anyone ever put one of these on the XC? The top part goes on easy :

Next you need to weld a post to the frame:

Another view:

The instructions recommending shaping the part to the frame and TIG weld it on. They say use caution not to overheat the head bearings and seals . Hmmmm, so totally remove the seals and bearings before welding or just not let the heat build up too much.

Since I don't have a TIG setup I'm going to look for someone local to tackle the job. It's not too late to just return the whole thing (or put it on my WR250). It looks like I'll likely have to hack into the tupperware to make room for the rod.

I'm getting sort of cold feet but would really like to see it on the bike.

Any thoughts?????

Thanks in advance.
donnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #5891
DirtBikeGirlRider
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnh View Post

. It's not too late to just return the whole thing (or put it on my WR250). It looks like I'll likely have to hack into the tupperware to make room for the rod.

Any thoughts?????

Thanks in advance.

Hey, what do you mean, return it!!! or put it on your WR250!!! Really, that needs to go on MY XCountry
Baja 2012
Utah Ride Report 2011
Sasquatch Ride Report 2010
DirtBikeGirlRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #5892
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 2,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnh View Post
In my continuing quest to prepare the XC for my end of year Baja trip I bought a steering stabilizer. Has anyone ever put one of these on the XC? The top part goes on easy :

Next you need to weld a post to the frame:

Another view:

The instructions recommending shaping the part to the frame and TIG weld it on. They say use caution not to overheat the head bearings and seals . Hmmmm, so totally remove the seals and bearings before welding or just not let the heat build up too much.

Since I don't have a TIG setup I'm going to look for someone local to tackle the job. It's not too late to just return the whole thing (or put it on my WR250). It looks like I'll likely have to hack into the tupperware to make room for the rod.

Any thoughts?????

Thanks in advance.
The Scotts set up over your bars makes the stem a VERY long lever. Several of the XChallenge guys have put them on, then bent the stems because of the extreme length of the stem.

I put the Emig Racing stabilizer on my XChallenge, as it is the only one readily available that mounts below your handlebars. It works great, but I get a lot more front flats now, as it works too well. It absorbs the big hits, so I don't slow down before I tag something that is too big.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #5893
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,815
I received my Rally Moto II damper last week and will be installing it over the Holiday break...

It mounts under the bar...has a 3/4" bar lift with it, and is 100% bolt on...I'll take pictures this evening for those interested...
Old 12-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #5894
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDino View Post
I received my Rally Moto II damper last week and will be installing it over the Holiday break...

It mounts under the bar...has a 3/4" bar lift with it, and is 100% bolt on...I'll take pictures this evening for those interested...
Yes, I would love to see it. I went to their web page and it said "coming soon".
Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #5895
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
The Scotts set up over your bars makes the stem a VERY long lever. Several of the XChallenge guys have put them on, then bent the stems because of the extreme length of the stem.

I put the Emig Racing stabilizer on my XChallenge, as it is the only one readily available that mounts below your handlebars. It works great, but I get a lot more front flats now, as it works too well. It absorbs the big hits, so I don't slow down before I tag something that is too big.
I checked out the Emig's, looks like a good setup. Can I assume the mounting is the same on the XChallenge as the XCountry? I'll be boxing up the Scotts unit tonight, indeed, that long lever arm was worrying me.

More flats huh? Got it - too much fun.