User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #7486
leafman60
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,528
Hmmmm

Id think the problem would be with a gear indicator switch rather than a speed sensor. But, I thought I saw an accessory for that.

If I get more seriously interested, I'll give em a call.
leafman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #7487
Red tailed hawk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
In case you guys know anyone looking for a clean low-mileage X-Country, I've just listed mine for sale in the flea market.

Thanks

Red tailed hawk screwed with this post 02-24-2013 at 07:48 PM
Red tailed hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #7488
djb_rh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red tailed hawk View Post
In case you guys know anyone looking for a clean low-mileage X-Country, I've just list mine for sale in the flea market.
I have some sort of disorder. I saw that and thought "man, I should buy that and do all sorts of cool mods to it."

--Donnie
Old 02-25-2013, 04:26 AM   #7489
leafman60
Beastly Adventurer

There's a lot to do to them ....
Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #7490
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,406
danielks posted this pic of his home made bracket that supports mini plastic body panel on the right side to the rear of the gas tank:

Lewis66 asked for a couple more pics of the stock bracket so here are some pics of mine.

You can ignore the little spacer I epoxied to it in order to hold the panel out a bit further, this was just to provide a little extra clearance away from my tool tube when I have my big Giant Loop - Great Basin bag installed.

Also seen is the handle of a small bicycle mini pump I have installed as a backup.

Notice how thick the OEM bracket is, which works well for my big ass Great Basin bag.

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #7491
leafman60
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooker View Post
danielks posted this pic of his home made bracket that supports mini plastic body panel on the right side to the rear of the gas tank:
Obviously I missed something. What happened to Daniel's stock bracket to begin with?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #7492
danielks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafman60 View Post
Obviously I missed something. What happened to Daniel's stock bracket to begin with?
Hi man!!!

Mine did not came with stock bracket.... Europe models do not have it... just US models, cause of the charcoal filter....
danielks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #7493
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Thanks Snooker,
I guess the Daniels piece was not fare from the original one. Looks like the original one is made of strong steel. Well now I have the shape in mind.
Check again with the dealer. I'll show him your photo.
I'll shoot a photo once It's installed.

G650 Xcountry 2007 / Beta evo 4T 2011

lewiss66 screwed with this post 02-26-2013 at 01:45 PM
lewiss66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #7494
danielks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiss66 View Post
Thanks Snooker,
I guess the Daniels piece was not fare from the original one. Looks like the original one is made of strong steel. Well now I have the shape in mind.
Check again with the dealer. I'll show him your photo.
Shoot a photo once installed.

Lewiss!!!

my piece was made from 1.5mm thick aluminium. hand cuted, and folded with pliers....

looks the OEM is powder coated steel, of course a industrial piece, diferent shape.

diferent price too...

But the principal is that i do not think that you could find it on a dealer....

regards!!!
danielks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #7495
aprilian
Can I change this?

Oddometer: 412
Two G560x's are being broken on ebay. Email the guys doing each and see if they will sell the bracket. They most likely were going to just leave it with the subframe. one vendor was Maxmoto and I can't recall the other
Old 02-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #7496
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Took note Danielks.Thanks.
Your piece, It's the way that seems to go!
Let you know...

G650 Xcountry 2007 / Beta evo 4T 2011
lewiss66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #7497
leafman60
Beastly Adventurer

Much ado here. Looks like the home-made one works just fine. You cant see it with the seat on. Leave it alone.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #7498
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafman60 View Post
Much ado here. Looks like the home-made one works just fine. You cant see it with the seat on. Leave it alone.
True dat.

I'd just bend one up like Daniel did, maybe spray paint it black and let 'er rip. But I was just supplying a pic as requested by Lewiss via email, I didn't drum up this topic, so's you know.... (course I paint everything black )

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #7499
leafman60
Beastly Adventurer

morning coffee talk-

Ya know, I sure like my XCo. Over the past few months, I've bought a new Guzzi Stelvio and sold my 1200GS. I like the big boys. I've had one in the garage for the last 13-14 years.

I must say, however, that I often question why I do keep a big enduro AND the little bike. I'm not sure I can answer that question.

Most people would think such a comparison of big and small is obvious and there should be no question about it. However, the XCo is just so good at so many things.

My XCo is configured (added fuel and bigger shield) to do pretty-much the same thing as the bigger bikes. It's geared to run at speed on the open road and I've done some trips of 2000 miles or so on it.

Being small, and with the Anakees, it works very well as a sporty little street bike. No, it cannot stay within sight of a 1200S but the little bike is very fun to ride on sporty pavement. My original motivation to buy it was the sale of my much-loved '70 Triumph Bonneville.

I know that sounds weird but I like the small, narrow and flickable character of these bikes. By the way, the XCo will run circles around the vintage Bonny.

I enjoy doing a lot of off-road running too. Most of it is in sandy and muddy terrain along the gulf coast and, more preferably, the rocky mountainous terrain of appalachia.

I don't do sky jumps, dirt pits or stuff that would be fun on a 250 dirt bike. Rather, I normally do dirt roads, horse trails (when nobody is around) and the like.

The XCo is perfect. It covers all the bases.

So, why do I still have a big rig like this awesome-sounding Guzzi?

I'm grappling with that question. In fact, if I were to plan a trip across the US (which I am), I would just as readily consider the XCo as the big bike. The XCo can run all day at interstate speeds comparable to the big bikes.

I find the XCo smooth-running in such conditions. Maybe I straddled a rigid-mount Shovelhead for too many years.

On top of that, I take the big bike on many, not all, but many of the same sort of off-road treks as the little bike. Sure, at 600 pounds, it's a bigger hand full in those situations. But, I've been doing it for a long time and I've kinda learned how to handle that kind of heft in difficult conditions.

Still, when wedged in a wash-out clay hole on an uphill grade, manhandling 400 pounds is easier than wrestling with 600 pounds.

Sport handling of the big bike is amazing. It will stick with the 650 and power away in many stretches.

So, that gets down to the final contest.

I can carry a helluva lot more gear on the big bike. If I'm headed cross-country, the big bike will carry more. Also, though acceptably comfortable at speed on the slab, the little bike gives major ground to the capabilities of 100+ horsepower, a bigger shield and a Russell seat.

If I want to add a passenger to the equation, traveling with gear, the big bike wins.

On the other hand ... that 400 pounds is sure nice. I've spent a fortune of time and money over the years on the XCo. I also like the sound and feel of the big single. I'm just not gonna let it go.

Hey, just thought of something else. I can stack the 650 on my SUV's bumper carrier and I cant do that with the big Guzzi.

I just like it too much to part with it anytime soon.

leafman60 screwed with this post 02-27-2013 at 04:56 AM
Old 02-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #7500
turbo6bar
über n00ber

Oddometer: 57
Howdy, folks. I finally have an X-Country. I got it last week. I have only ridden it twice (weather is staying near freezing), but so far, it's great. Nothing is revolutionary about it, but I am really impressed with the handling. It changes direction with such ease. I was not expecting that.

1) windscreen - has the stock BMW windscreen. Helmet buffetting is quite bad. I am 6' tall with 32" inseam. Is there no certainty in picking windscreens? The only time I really want a windscreen is during winter and on long distance rides. During spring, fall, and summer, I will run the stock windscreen or none at all. I saw the Parabellum on eBay. That looks like the ticket for long distance. However, I wonder if adjustable mounts and a smaller screen are the ticket. Madstad makes a very slick adjustable mount, but not for the G650X. Searching the threads shows no real consensus. So why am I asking now? :-)

2) I am looking for farkles. I posted an ad in the Flea Market. Looking for a rear rack, SR Racing muffler, better skidplate, engine crash bars, but am open to any other goodies that will protect the bike off the road.

Cheers,
Jurgen
turbo6bar is offline   Reply With Quote