Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #7501
leafman60
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,666
If you are handy with making custom brackets, you can install one of these. Givi A34+D45. Works great for what u r saying.

leafman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #7502
kingbob7
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
BIG BIKE & little bike

Just bought a 4RT Montessa/Honda Trials bike. I decided the X country will be just fine for my BIG BIKE. I have Zega boxes, a windshield, and have done many 2000 mile trips with it. I have always been a small bike guy and have missed the fishing trips up single track like I used to do on my old Honda TL250!! I am living the dream. If you are up my way let me know. I have been following this thread for three years, and would like to thank; Drone, Geoffster, Snooker,Barstow,Plumber Mike and all the rest. You saved me money and trouble. The X Country has been a great bike for me and I will continue to ride her for a long time. Bob
kingbob7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 AM   #7503
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
You know what? I'm looking for a 4 strocks trial bike at the moment as well. I use my Xcountry for the roads and trails and I love It but I miss the single tracks in the mountains I used to ride about 15 years ago with my trial bikes. Lurking at a honda (montesa) 4rt or a beta evo 4t or maybe scorpa 125 syf.... Only drawback, I wish they make trials bike nowdays with a decent seat!

G650 Xcountry 2007 / Beta evo 4T 2011
lewiss66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #7504
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,521
A guy who lives close to me is selling his XChallenge air shock. Sounds like a deal if you're looking for one! Never seen his bike but I'll have to organize a group meeting of the XC's near me.

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #7505
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooker View Post
A guy who lives close to me is selling his XChallenge air shock. Sounds like a deal if you're looking for one! Never seen his bike but I'll have to organize a group meeting of the XC's near me.
Wow - is that really the going rate for an airshock? I just put a Hyperpro on my X today. I figured I could only get $100 or so for the airshock, so I figured I would keep it as a backup. Maybe I need to throw it in the flea market.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #7506
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,521
dunno the market price, I'd guess somewhere in between the 2 but I'd pay a lot more than $100 for sure, if I needed one.

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #7507
jjmead1
now THAT"S a bike!

Oddometer: 550
Couldn't sell one for $200 last year,that price was too high. SO I think there a quite a few sitting around in the garages of Challenge owners.
jjmead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #7508
djb_rh
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
I got mine for $100 not a few months ago. That even included shipping. It was on the flea market and I think someone saw it and posted in this thread, which is how I found it.

But it's all about supply, demand, and what the person chooses to ask to begin with, I guess. With no more than a handful on the market at a given time, anything can happen...

--Donnie
Old 03-12-2013, 04:28 AM   #7509
leafman60
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,666
Okay boys, we're letting our little thread slip a wee bit too much. I found it waaay down on page 6. We gotta keep it up.
leafman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #7510
Geoffster
Fool - Born This Way

Oddometer: 1,368
Stayin' Alive!

Okay, here's my Stayin' Alive contribution: Anyone have a BMW small shield and bracket that they aren't using and would like to sell?

My Wunderlich's bracket has cracked in so many places that measured by mass, it's more JB Weld and frame-washers/nuts/bolts than aluminum.

(Sadly, the mfg's choice of materials -- bargin basement aluminum bent at severe angles -- has soured me to the point I'm unlikely to ever buy Wunderlich again.)

Been riding with a Cee Bailey during the winter, and while it's all one would expect, it's noisy as all get-out.

If I can't find a BMW at resale prices, I'll start hacking away at the Cee Bailey.

Consider this before arguing with me:
You're an idiot if you argue with a fool!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffster/sets/
Geoffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #7511
jezuar
NO NI NA

Oddometer: 133
The superxcountry jejejeje

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
jezuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #7512
jezuar
NO NI NA

my last route through the marshes of the Guadalquivir river with my wife

Old 03-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #7513
Geoffster
Fool - Born This Way

Oddometer: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezuar View Post
The superxcountry jejejeje

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Utterly bad ass, but did you see the prices of the parts for conversion?

Consider this before arguing with me:
You're an idiot if you argue with a fool!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffster/sets/
Geoffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #7514
jezuar
NO NI NA

yes, but there are people for all jajajajaja
Old 03-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #7515
squizzy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
Laugh Farkle update

Finally got out for a decent ride. Xtank is a lovely bit of kit. Little bit of a problem with misalignment on the front holes, but nothing that creative assembly would not fix. On a short ride a week ago, the tank would not siphon. Tracked it down to the feed line having a kink in it. Fixed that with a spring on the outside in the area of concern.

Put another spring on the outside because I thought it looked nice

Drained the tank fully, no problems.
Bit disappointed with the HB centerstand, I cannot lift it up onto the stand by myself. If I lean it over, extend the stand and then stand it up it is ok. Rear wheel is about 70mm off the ground. On my old DR650 with an aftermarket stand, it was also difficult (I must need to go to the gym a bit more!) Solved that problem by putting a RHS pillion peg on the LHS and using that as a handle to lift it up. Does not work with the BM pegs though.
I managed to grind a bit off both sides of the stand on yesterday's ride, so I cant send it back! Suspension was fully wound up, so I might need a new shock in the future.I might grind a little bit off the stop to make the stand come up a bit. Anyone give some advice on how much to grind off? I was going to take just a little a time. A lot harder to put it back on! All in all though, happy with the bike, and thats all that matters.