Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #7606
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffster View Post
I lied.

Thus, I'll be taking my last ride on my X-Country in about an hour.

et tu, Brute?

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #7607
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
My X-Country seems to suffer from constant "mission creep". Mala Bunny and I just bought a bigger 2up bike, and I am going to return the X-Country to stock ride height so she can ride it on the road. So I will be letting go of the 21/18 wheel set, complete Husqvarna front fork conversion, and some other bits. I'll also be looking for a low seat. If you are interested in any of this kit, let me know.
So this explains your absence from our happy little thread, my wicked bunny master? Was wondering....

I guess you're wanting those wheels back you sold me a couple years ago, eh? There was a time I had thought I wanted to sell them and just run a 50/50 tire and call it good but I think I'll just keep them.

Tell Mala to have fun on the bike, it is quite a difference from the WR!

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #7608
satur9
angry black guy

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb_rh View Post
So guys, I'm gonna list this thing for sale:

Untitled by djb_rh, on Flickr

But darn it, I can't find my info on where I got it or what I paid. I don't *think* you can get these any more, but I'm not certain. Anyway, this one is assembled but otherwise new. I just decided on the H-B center stand to live on the bike itself, so don't need this one. Need to know what the heck I paid for it to have some idea how to price it! Google and my email searches are failing me big time.

Also, the manual on this (which isn't just chock full of info) says it works with F series bikes, too. Can anyone confirm that? If so, any F series? Or are there limitations? Might expand my market, obviously. Though if there are G owners interested, I'll listen to offers and give first preference, certainly. We're better than those F
--Donnie
is this it http://www.naturereach.com/projects.html#Lift
satur9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #7609
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooker View Post
So this explains your absence from our happy little thread, my wicked bunny master? Was wondering....

I guess you're wanting those wheels back you sold me a couple years ago, eh? There was a time I had thought I wanted to sell them and just run a 50/50 tire and call it good but I think I'll just keep them.

Tell Mala to have fun on the bike, it is quite a difference from the WR!
I've just been busy as hell. I am just now getting the swing arm back together, but I now have the part number from Helicoil to order the thread insert coil for the left side bearing pin, as well as an install tool for it and the proper tap to chase the threads. I'll probably be keeping a bunch of swing arm bearings and helicoils on hand available as a service kit, with the install tool on loan by deposit.

Yes, it just makes more sense to keep the G-X for Mala. We are planning our next Mexico trip, taking my niece to meet her grandfather down there, and she will need something better able to keep up with the Tiger 800. Although her riding skills are getting so good i felt like it was a fair fight in the twisties with her on the wr250. Once she gets used to the X-Co i'll never catch her.
muddyrabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #7610
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Also we both agreed we have to much shared history with the bike to part with it. I will be using it this summer to do the Trans-West-Virginia-Trail with Alex riding passenger.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #7611
djb_rh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by satur9 View Post
Yeah, I found it. I paid $360 for it shipped (ouch). Posting it in the flea market now...

--Donnie
Old 04-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #7612
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,346
Quote:
I lied.

Because my dirt riding has dwindled to <1%, yesterday I made a deal on this girl:

I'll stay on this thread to offer my $0.02 when questions are asked. And yes, a 140/80 rear Heidenau works on a X-Country.
And this too shall pass.

Many fond memories I'm sure, Geoffster.

But it's not like either your new F bike or your old R bike are gonna keep you off the dirt. Perfectly competent bikes if you should see that irresistible road to nowhere/somewhere that simply MUST be explored!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #7613
djb_rh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
I lied.

Because my dirt riding has dwindled to <1%, yesterday I made a deal on this girl:

I'll stay on this thread to offer my $0.02 when questions are asked. And yes, a 140/80 rear Heidenau works on a X-Country.
I don't ride my G650X enough to justify owning a motorcycle as it is, but yet I keep it. So having another motorcycle would be even more stupid. Yet when I see pictures like the one above I have really stupid thoughts. I can't put my finger on it, but I love those bikes, too. A lot.

--Donnie
Old 04-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #7614
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

As long as were talking about stupid decisions, here's what Mala and I picked up for a 2 up bike:
Old 04-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #7615
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,346
Hey, Muddy, be careful with those extreme diets--yer looking dangerously small in that photo.

And is that the new Triumph XC?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #7616
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Yes, amazing bike!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #7617
Milosh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Question A little help

Been riding my X-Country for a couple of years now.

The stalling is killing me. Today I was at a stoplight, went to turn right onto a side street and was almost rear-ended by a car behind me as I stalled 3/4 way through the turn.

I've cleaned the fuel injection, replaced the battery, adjusted the clutch cable, etc.

I am at a loss. Please advise.
Milosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #7618
leafman60
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,528
Thank goodness that Ive never had that problem.
leafman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #7619
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milosh View Post
Been riding my X-Country for a couple of years now.

The stalling is killing me. Today I was at a stoplight, went to turn right onto a side street and was almost rear-ended by a car behind me as I stalled 3/4 way through the turn.

I've cleaned the fuel injection, replaced the battery, adjusted the clutch cable, etc.

I am at a loss. Please advise.
Have you removed the carbon canister? Mine never had stalling issues after it was removed. Except when the vent line that lets air into the tank was getting clogged, so check that as well.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but sometimes it's the basics. How is your clutch control? Are you letting it out too fast?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #7620
Milosh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Talking

muddyrabbit, thanks for the tip. I'll remove the canister and see what happens.

As for the smartass response, I was thinking some of it might be attributable to operator error until the dealership and friends observed the problem with my bike.
Milosh is offline   Reply With Quote