Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2009, 07:36 AM   #781
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybug
Yo, bug, that seat is just terrific looking.
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #782
rallybug
Local Yokel

Oddometer: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide
Yo, bug, that seat is just terrific looking.
That's Kicksave's bike - I just put the pics up for him

My Ride Reports
rallybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #783
streetweapon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
For those not knowing, there is a recall on the clutch lever mount / housing. I know it's on the '09, can't speak for other years. My dealer performed this recall work while warranty-ing my crap front rotor.
streetweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #784
Kicksave
wannabeema

Oddometer: 168
Laugh problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by deli-g650
sounds to me like your backpressure is a bit low..... but it is hard to tell unless you run it a bit longer......

anyway...... that is a great looking custom seat.

Hey Deli. You were right. I took a laxative, and the exhaust sounds better now .

I put about 200 miles of tight canyon tarmac on it today . The seat was a joy. On the Freeway at 85 mph, I could slide back on the seat and it pulled my upper body forward, allowing the windscreen to do its job better. And it gave me more leg room. The guys at Erwin's Upholstery did a great job with that seat. I'm very pleased.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #785
curtish8892
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Possible purchase.

I was just wondering if any of you think the price will go down on this bikes? If not do you think it is worth $8200 cnd?

I have never owned a thumper but I had a cruiser (Vstar 1100, to laid back, everyone see me bike) and sport bike (R6, to sporty for the city).
So I am thinking this may be the kind of city/short trips up north, bike I am looking for.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.
curtish8892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #786
Kicksave
wannabeema

price info

In US$, a 2009 G650 Xcountry with ABS sells for $8898. There was a $1000 dealer incentive that ended Dec. 28. If a dealership was able to lock in the incentive, the adjusted retail price would be $7898. Ask your local dealer about that.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:47 AM   #787
stef25
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
this dealer incentive still applies here in brussels belgium. 2 dealerships have now quoted new price of 6500 incl ABS which is more than 1000 cheaper than the previous price (and didnt include ABS). i now have the option of a new one but since i wanted a black one dealer managed to find me one with 1200Km on the clock (broken in and first maintenance done) for 500 less than the new price.

or i can pay 400 to have the yellow repainted to black. just testing out some dakar's and then ill make my choice
stef25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:21 AM   #788
MoxNix
Stuttgart Germany

Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef25
this dealer incentive still applies here in brussels belgium. 2 dealerships have now quoted new price of 6500 incl ABS which is more than 1000 cheaper than the previous price (and didnt include ABS). i now have the option of a new one but since i wanted a black one dealer managed to find me one with 1200Km on the clock (broken in and first maintenance done) for 500 less than the new price.

or i can pay 400 to have the yellow repainted to black. just testing out some dakar's and then ill make my choice
Buy my Black 07 Rotax motor, with farkles for $6000.

I'm in Stuttgart Germany.

See bike in Signature!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #789
Janet from Joisey
Bad Kitty

Oddometer: 669
Wow, Kicksave!

Seat looks both comfortable and stylish!

Is that the BMW windscreen for the X-Country that is listed in the parts fiche?
http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fic...d/B0004851.png

No Part Number Description Qty Each
01 46637697209 sport windscreen (KLAR L=280MM) BUY 1 $281.22
02 71607705971 set of parts f windshield BUY 1 $136.60

Thanks,
-Janet
Janet from Joisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #790
Kurlee
2009: A Bike Odyssey

Oddometer: 1,927
I was really looking for an Xmoto but after seeing all you guys and your Xcountrys I might just have to change my mind. How is the seat?
Kurlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #791
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,120
I don't like the step in my seat and I think others agree it's not a good thing but as others have said, it's addressable. I spent some time on a x-moto. I found it not nearly as comfortable as the x-c. Really a wholly different riding experience.

Even with that, I have no problems with 500 mile days which include dirt. The only functional issue which prevents this bike from, in stock form, being the perfect go everywhere bike, is the limited range. I added a quick removable aux tank for about $100 plumbed into the main tank. It comes off in a few minutes if I want. With that, the bike has a 250 mile range and it becomes perfect for my uses.
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #792
Kicksave
wannabeema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet from Joisey
Wow, Kicksave!

Is that the BMW windscreen for the X-Country that is listed in the parts fiche?
http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fic...d/B0004851.png

No Part Number Description Qty Each
01 46637697209 sport windscreen (KLAR L=280MM) BUY 1 $281.22
02 71607705971 set of parts f windshield BUY 1 $136.60

Thanks,
-Janet
That is the factory tinted windscreen that is also used on the R1200 R. I'll verify the part numbers because I'll be at the dealership in an hour. But mine is definitely a BMW accessory.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #793
Kicksave
wannabeema

Question to step or not to step

[quote=slide]I don't like the step in my seat and I think others agree it's not a good thing but as others have said, it's addressable. I spent some time on a x-moto. I found it not nearly as comfortable as the x-c. quote]

I didn't mind the step in the seat. I just thought a flatter seat would give me more seating options. I agree, the X-Moto seat is harsh. Ironically, I spent quite a bit of time on an X-Challenge and didn't mind the seat so much. And it's identical to the X-Moto seat. I assume the more compliant suspension on the X-Challenge made it bearable.

But adding height to my seat definitely made a difference for me. It increased my leg room considerably. And I will explore some light off roading. Removing the step allows me to move back on the seat, particularly when going downhill, with ease.

The added foam on my seat is softer than factory foam. I'll have to see if that makes a difference on long trips. Firm foam is usually a little better for longer rides.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #794
stef25
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Buy my Black 07 Rotax motor, with farkles for $6000.
considered it the moment i saw it posted, but importing it is a bit of a pain and i like the 1 yr guarantee the local dealers offer. sorry, cause its a nice looking machine at a good price
stef25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #795
Kicksave
wannabeema

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybug
Kicksave's XC:

I was concerned the slope of the seat would slide me toward the "tank", even after adding additional padding. By using softer foam on top of the factory foam, I'm cradled into the seat wherever I place myself. I'll have to take it on a longer ride, with plenty of highway miles to gauge long distance comfort. That's how I plan to sell it to the wife anyway . I put 200 twisty miles on it Sunday morning with no discomfort.