Great picture! Nice ADV plug aswell.
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #827
Somber
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemoreokie
Is that out at Draper? looks sharp... seems everyone is sticking some sort of windscreen on these bikes... i guess I'm the only one left who prefers to feel the blast evenly across my whole upper body instead of more concentrated into the helmet...
Somber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #828
MoxNix
Stuttgart Germany

Oddometer: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somber
Is that out at Draper? looks sharp... seems everyone is sticking some sort of windscreen on these bikes... i guess I'm the only one left who prefers to feel the blast evenly across my whole upper body instead of more concentrated into the helmet...
I'm 6'2" and have a windscreen and the wind hits me mid-chest.

Chris
Old 02-12-2009, 01:02 AM   #829
petemoss
Having a look around

Oddometer: 411
G'day

New poster here. Trying to post some pics hope this works.

Here's the Country with 17" rims.

petemoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #830
petemoss
Having a look around

Oddometer: 411
OK!

Here's some more

petemoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:31 AM   #831
onemoreokie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somber
It's Arcadia up in Edmond actually. For me the windscreen was my best investment by far.
onemoreokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #832
fazer6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
New pics:

Hard parts, X-Ch bash plate (Thanks Skaife!), Barkbusters with modded barends for clearance.

fazer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #833
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,470
I gotta say I'm getting pretty excited about making my new X-Country ready for some touring this spring and summer. Just bought it in December. Have already spent $2100 on farkles and have another $1600 on order. This thread has been my inspiration. But geez, my farkle list now has 33 items on it so I might need to post my pics in a standalone thread. Don't want to hijack this one! My list includes Staintune muffler, HID from Martin Fab, custom seat (thanks, Kicksave!), cool handguards, Race Tech springs and a Sasquatch shock, some Aerostich bags, and hopefully hopefully a Muckpee aux fuel tank. Did I mention the paint job?
DRONE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #834
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,302
I'm currently working on modifying my seat. I ordered up oodles of foam, picked up a turkey carver, and got to work. I've never done it before, so it's a trial and error type of thing. I can always add more foam if I mess things up . So far it's feeling pretty good. I've got some shaping yet to do before I attempt to stretch the stock cover back onto it. I'll spend some more time with it this Saturday...

Progress Pics

Andrew

edit...not to spamz0r, but I have some used Tourances for sale if anyones interested. PM me
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:36 AM   #835
Nazgul
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Hey everybody. Noob here.

Well as a newcomer to motorcycling I have found all of the info on this site invaluable.
I have a background of years of riding MTB and road bicycles, had only had a little experience on friend's Honda XR 250, 350 and 500's, but never owned my own bike.
I was looking to get a BMW F800GS, but rode my mates G650 X-Country, and as a new rider I found it instantly easy to ride and very predictable. Soooo... when I came across a hardly used 2007 X-Country I took it without any hesitation. The bike has been amazing! It is light, manoeverable, has plenty power, is economical etc etc. I love it more every time I ride it!

Thanks for all your help.
Mmmm those knobblies are looking tempting.... How does the bike handle on tar with the TKC80's?

Nazgul screwed with this post 02-13-2009 at 08:11 AM
Nazgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #836
Geoffster
Fool - Born This Way

Oddometer: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul
Mmmm those knobblies are looking tempting.... How does the bike handle on tar with the TKC80's?
I have TKCs and a 15 tooth front sprocket, both of which make the bike more dirt-worthy at the expense of cruising speed. The tires make the bike shake its head at speeds >70 mph (the exact speed varies with the road surface and the wind), and the sprocket makes the bike more "busy."

However, I have no intention of changing either. Both make the bike more sure-footed off pavement.

I bought the bike to ride-out, explore, and ride-back, and even though I do much, much more of my riding on the street, I won't go back to Tourances or the 16 tooth sprocket. To me, it just doesn't make sense to ride >100 miles away from home, ride 20 miles off-pavement, then crash because one's tires aren't aggressive enough. I need to get home.

I hate crashing, even low-speed tip-overs!

YMMV

Oh, and did I mention that most of the time, I have NO CLUE that I'm riding on TKCs rather than Tourances?

Consider this before arguing with me:
You're an idiot if you argue with a fool!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffster/sets/
Geoffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #837
Nazgul
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Geoffster.

Thanks for your input. What sort of wear are you experiencing on the TKC's on the tar? Is it excessive? How do they handle in the wet?
Nazgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:28 AM   #838
Geoffster
Fool - Born This Way

Oddometer: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul
Thanks for your input. What sort of wear are you experiencing on the TKC's on the tar? Is it excessive? How do they handle in the wet?
I have no solid data on either.

I have 2k on my TKCs ... (out to garage for a look) ... and they still look strong. I was freaked-out when I was told they're pretty much done at 3k on a R1200GS, but then I heard YMMV and that 6k on a 650 is more likely.

In any case, 6k or 10k (Tourances) doesn't matter as much to me as NOT CRASHING.

No comment on wet performance. In SoCal the rain comes in the winter when it's cold(ish), and then I ride my RT with its most excellent fairing. (Rain or not, I'm heading toward Yuma within the hour!)

I urge you to use the site's search function for more info, esp. the wet question.

Consider this before arguing with me:
You're an idiot if you argue with a fool!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffster/sets/
Geoffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #839
Hershambee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
X country rusty chain

Has anyone got a rusty chain on their BMW x country, Looks very cheap and steel. Any advice on a replacement greatly appreciated. i put a renthal one one my supermoto but not sure of size etc for the x country
Hershambee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #840
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershambee
Has anyone got a rusty chain on their BMW x country, Looks very cheap and steel. Any advice on a replacement greatly appreciated. i put a renthal one one my supermoto but not sure of size etc for the x country
I got some surface rust on my chain after I made some deliveries and whatnot on mine in a snow storm. The salt got to things quick, and I didn't have any chain lube at home.

Lube your chain, ride, and the rust will go away. Take care of your chain....they're not cheap
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote