Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #106
Olas OP
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antontrax
Here's a few pics of an X Country I saw last fall
Awesome pics!! I love seeing the xcountry getting dirty.
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:54 AM   #107
deli-g650
bring'n the funk

Oddometer: 195
asaracho .... you are the man..... i knew i had seen it someplace... unfortunately in my excitment i butchered the gasket trying to get it out this morning.../ i am an idiot / i'll see if i can make it work while i order a new one..

Antontrax... those are some great pics//
Old 03-05-2008, 05:30 AM   #108
deli-g650
bring'n the funk

Thumb

i got my remus installed and WOW.... big top end difference with much better sound. i also remove the cover to the airfilter....

i am having a hard time believing that there are not more x-country rider out there... according to bmw atlanta, the country is out-selling the challenge...
Old 03-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #109
Olas OP
the darkness

I bet you a lot of them come out of their shells in the spring/summer . The new pipe does make a difference, doesn't it? I noticed the same thing with my Leo Vince. BIG top end difference. Can't wait for spring, man. It's snowing right now. Right after we had a 70 degree day on Saturday we get hit with a damn snow storm.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #110
deli-g650
bring'n the funk

the weather has been great here in GA. in a bit cool in the AM, but by noon its been in the 70's everyday. i will miss that about the south when i move to CO. i guess the trade off is having great places to ride... damn its flat here.

resizing my photos in photo-bucket isnt working very well.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #111
intheways
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 419
Anyone try a set of MEFO Explorers on the Xcountry? They would probably work really well.
intheways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #112
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxNix
I'm the same size as you and have no problems with the power.

Here's a pic of mine. My only complaint is the size of the tank.
Hello MoxNix,
Nice bike.Looks great! Hey what's the piece of plastic over the rear end tank just above the canister?
I don't have it on mine. I checked at bmw parts don't seems to have it here in France.
lewiss66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #113
Olas OP
the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiss66
Hello MoxNix,
Nice bike.Looks great! Hey what's the piece of plastic over the rear end tank just above the canister?
I don't have it on mine. I checked at bmw parts don't seems to have it here in France.
That's just to dress it up a little bit I suppose. Not really needed. It has it on both sides and actually bolts up under the seat as one solid piece. I've thought about taking mine off since sometimes I catch my pants on that part.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:51 AM   #114
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks asaracho , I like this part anyway. I've got to find one later.
I've got my Xcountry for three weeks and I really loved it. I sold my XTR660 which was much heavier and I almost crush the header pipe bellow the engine when trying to climb a sidewalk during heavy traffic. The g650x engine is also smoother at low revs. It's a delight in the morning to commute. I also test ride it on the 'country side' and it really handles great if you ride it easy . Just got stuck in a small trail trying to make a Uturn. Had to push it hard to get off the hole made by the spinning of my rear wheel.
The only dark side of this bike is the small tank. Mine hold 7 liters before the light goes on on the dash board . Which is about 150km not a lot but I used my bike to commute most of the time and I kind of pull a bit hard on the throttle to keep away from those cars. ( I leave in France!)
Well I wish touratech w've have made an extra tank that fit under the seat like 3 more liters would have been good enough but they don't plan to build one.
Not heard anything like that on the net as well.
ps: Next time I post my fuel consumption riding it on a long trip to compare.
chears

lewiss66 screwed with this post 03-13-2008 at 12:46 PM
Old 03-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #115
deli-g650
bring'n the funk

welcome lewis...
congrats on the new x-country. i am pretty hard on the throttle in town also. even more so with the new exhaust. my gas light comes on right at 100 miles... on the highway it will come on around 120 miles.
i always seem to have just shy of one gallon left in the tank when the light comes on.
have a great time with your new bike and keep us posted.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:52 AM   #116
Olas OP
the darkness

Quote:
I've got my Xcountry for three weeks and I really loved it. I sold my XTR660 which was much heavier and I almost crush the header pipe bellow the engine when trying to climb a sidewalk during heavy traffic. The g650x engine is also smoother at low revs. It's a delight in the morning to commute. I also test ride it on the 'country side' and it really handles great if you ride it easy . Just got stuck in a small trail trying to make a Uturn. Had to push it hard to get off the hole made by the spinning of my rear wheel.
The only dark side of this bike is the small tank. Mine hold 7 liters before the light goes on on the dash board . Which is about 150km not a lot but I used my bike to commute most of the time and I kind of pull a bit hard on the throttle to keep away from those cars. ( I leave in France!)
Well I wich touratech have made an extra tank that fit under the seat like 3 more liters would have been good enough but they don't plan to build one.
chears
Welcome to the club . Post pictures if you get a chance also! We like those...
Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 AM   #117
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer

Yep. I'll post some this week-end.
deli-g650, did you get a chance to refuel when the gas light came on to know how much liters (galons) was consumed.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #118
deli-g650
bring'n the funk

i beleive it was a about 1.7 gallons to fill up after my light comes on. (after riding in town) i will pay better attention tomorrow when i fill up.

asaracho..... havent seen any pics from ya lately..... whats up man?
too much snow???
Old 03-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #119
Olas OP
the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by deli-g650
i beleive it was a about 1.7 gallons to fill up after my light comes on. (after riding in town) i will pay better attention tomorrow when i fill up.

asaracho..... havent seen any pics from ya lately..... whats up man?
too much snow???
Pretty much...that and I bought a Husky, so I've been playing with that as well. But yeah, weather's been improving lately so there will be new pics up soon..I promise!
Old 03-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #120
uxc
adventure nerd

Oddometer: 1,340
Quote:
Well I wish touratech w've have made an extra tank that fit under the seat like 3 more liters would have been good enough but they don't plan to build one.
chears
Welcome, Lewis!
Your experience sounds very similar to mine. I commute into NYC almost daily and get a few well appreciated side tours in the mountains in this area. There's nothing better to wake you up in the morning than a little car dodging and acceleration, but this bike is even better because you can take it out onto the trails to relax afterwards.

What city are you commuting to? Are you near the Alps or Pyrenees? I've been looking at some rides around there--Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

I rode a bicycle for a while in the traffic of Paris. It's another world there with everybody and their mother on a scooter or motorcycle. They really understand lane splitting.

I'm looking forward to seeing some photos.
uxc is offline   Reply With Quote