Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #226
crawdad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM
Lewy,

I think he meant all the way in the back on the right, behind the KTM. You can only see the tail. Pretty sure that's a DR with the dirtbags racks and a FMF-Q2?
Thats the one I was refering to. I saw Lewy's post over on the DR650 thread when he had his stand-offs made. Did a bang-up job too, I like 'em
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:31 AM   #227
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,635
Thanks Everybody!!

Thanks to everybody for taking the time to post pics and provide details.

GsVs and Coyote X, congrats on your success and hat's off to your fabrication skills for sure!!

D-Fuzz, can't wait to hear more about the Screens for Bikes.

Sarah
Old 06-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #228
D-Fuzz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
My ScreensforBikes windscreen arrived by mail today. It is amazing, the screen was sent from Australia by mail the same day as a jacket I purchased was sent from Colorado by UPS. The package from Australia only arrive 2 days later and I didn't have to shell out a was of cash in brokerage fees.

Anyway, I mounted it up and will test the screen out tomorrow. I took some photos that I will post in a bit, but I think it looks good.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #229
Shep
Vagabond

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Fuzz
My ScreensforBikes windscreen arrived by mail today. It is amazing, the screen was sent from Australia by mail the same day as a jacket I purchased was sent from Colorado by UPS. The package from Australia only arrive 2 days later and I didn't have to shell out a was of cash in brokerage fees.

Anyway, I mounted it up and will test the screen out tomorrow. I took some photos that I will post in a bit, but I think it looks good.

Thanks man. I am looking forward to the review.

Shep
Old 06-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #230
Tuuli
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
MRA Streetshield

Here's the MRA Streetshield on my 650.

Wind hits me in the neck. Smooth air on the helmet. Probably not enough for long trips but for everything else is fine. Doesn't get in the way when standing and leaning forward when climbing a hill off-road.
Attached Images

Tuuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #231
Lewy
Minus the LC8

Oddometer: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad
Thats the one I was refering to. I saw Lewy's post over on the DR650 thread when he had his stand-offs made. Did a bang-up job too, I like 'em
Sorry guys i got confused

This is the bike you mean with the dirt bags racks

Its also now fitted with a clear screens for bikes screen.
Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #232
crawdad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Thanks Lewy, Dave
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:48 AM   #233
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,635
Holler back when you can, Scott. I'm studying on the Screens for Bikes, the Cee Bailey Baja:

http://www.ceebaileys.com/baja_design/index.html

and the Laminar Lip B-King:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=164001&page=7

Sarah
Old 06-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #234
The Jester
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 761
Having made my own xchallenge screen, and sold a few more to other inmates, I thought I might try a few for other bikes as well. I knocked up a prototype for my mates drz400 yesterday and he is going to try it out for me. I'll let you know how it goes.

The Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #235
High Plains Drifter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
DR Distance Tour '09 --- WINDSCREEN?

Does anyone use a Maier windscreen on their DR350 for long distance touring. I'm looking at a couple models from JC Whitney that look pretty good.

Thoughts, Ideas??

Thanks
High Plains Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #236
jonague
n00b

Oddometer: 7
MadStad adjustable windshield bracket for my DR650

I was determined to get this to work! I used 3/16 inch x 4 inch aluminum for the mounting platform, and it attaches to extended upper triple clamp bolts. Plane is inclined about 20 degrees, similar to the V-Strom. Mark Stadnyk of MadStad Engineering was kind enough to help me with some critical dimensions.

I have ordered a medium V-Strom shield from California Scientific to use with it. It's supposed to show up Monday, can't wait to try it!

I have photos in the album "wznjsx" in the DR650 yahoo group. Got tired of fighting with posting them here...

Jon H
jonague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:45 AM   #237
Shep
Vagabond

Oddometer: 490
I went ahead and ordered a "Screens for Bikes" dark tint shield. When it arrives, I will post some photos and thoughts.

I purchased my 07 about a month ago from a fellow ADV member. It was all stock, so I am gradually making the changes I want. A Sargent low seat has been ordered (I have a 29" inseam and don't plan to lower the bike), a Wolfman small Expedition tank bag added and a cradle for my Zumo is on the way. Still to come, new tank, bars, handguards, bash plate, etc.

Shep
Old 06-12-2009, 05:19 AM   #238
GsVs
Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer: 1,404
Looks good

Hey Jon ....

Your design looks good .... Last night I just got done cleaning up my DR-MadStad design (old design - post #217 of this thread) here

The new design eliminates the wedge and brings the windscreen closer to the plate and headlight cowling.

I will take some pictures and post this weekend.

Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonague
I was determined to get this to work! I used 3/16 inch x 4 inch aluminum for the mounting platform, and it attaches to extended upper triple clamp bolts. Plane is inclined about 20 degrees, similar to the V-Strom. Mark Stadnyk of MadStad Engineering was kind enough to help me with some critical dimensions.

I have ordered a medium V-Strom shield from California Scientific to use with it. It's supposed to show up Monday, can't wait to try it!

I have photos in the album "wznjsx" in the DR650 yahoo group. Got tired of fighting with posting them here...

Jon H
Old 06-12-2009, 05:58 AM   #239
canoli
human

Oddometer: 1,523

OK Look at that KTM . It is the only one that looks like the fairing isnt wearing a "hat". I'm sure the rest of the setups work well and are def better then anything I can do.

I've seen 1 guy who makes a custom fairing and it looks ...OK. Thinking about getting it, but I really dont think I need a $300 + set up with new lights etc..

Doesnt anyone make a plastic one piece set up that looks clean ( no bolts and or screws showing in front) and actually keeps the wind out of my face on long rides but wont chop off my head in the dirt?

canoli screwed with this post 06-12-2009 at 08:23 AM
canoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #240
jonague
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I had not seen all those photos! That looks good too. I will be interested to see your updated design. I imagine you went through a lot of the same design decisions I did. The height is a big one...tough to know how high you want the brackets. You have to design in some adjustability so you can find the sweet spot and get max benefit from the MadStad up/down.

Then again maybe we are a bit anal, a lot of guys are happy with a pie tin attached to the bars. It's just that if you've ever had it tuned right, you know just how good it can be!

Jon H

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsVs
Hey Jon ....

Your design looks good .... Last night I just got done cleaning up my DR-MadStad design (old design - post #217 of this thread) here

The new design eliminates the wedge and brings the windscreen closer to the plate and headlight cowling.

I will take some pictures and post this weekend.

Larry
jonague is offline   Reply With Quote