Old 01-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #64
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
Thats one nice looking bike Tuff

Dan
Thanks. Light from the camera flash gives the decal colors a gay looking undertone (not that there's anything wrong with that!) The actual colors of the decals are a much deeper blue. The pic makes it almost look "aqua-marine ka-ka."
Tuff Tunica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:31 AM   #65
MrMike
No self control

Oddometer: 792
F650CS screen

I just wanted a little help with a screen that is not too high. So I tried the
F650CS screen. It looks really good on the bike, but it only moves the air from my waist up to about mid chest. I just cobbled it on to try it and of course I tightened the bolts a little too tight and fractured the screen. I think if I make new brackets and tilt it up some more it might be more effective, but for now it seems to work ok at 80mph that I'm just going to leave it this way for awhile.

'06 Ktm 950 SM
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:49 AM   #66
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,705
Puig GS/Dakar screen

I copied this off the Chain Gang site. According to the post there, this came from whitebuffaloracing.com for $67 plus $12 shipping; that was posted several months ago though, so who knows about the price now. I don't think it's on the website, you have to call them to order. I believe it comes in clear, too. I've not tried it, just passing along the information.

Sarah
Old 02-04-2008, 04:17 AM   #67
Cumbacheech
XRated

Oddometer: 823
Pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greer
I copied this off the Chain Gang site. According to the post there, this came from whitebuffaloracing.com for $67 plus $12 shipping; that was posted several months ago though, so who knows about the price now. I don't think it's on the website, you have to call them to order. I believe it comes in clear, too. I've not tried it, just passing along the information.

Sarah
Now that it's here, and you made us all jealous we need to see it installed!! We are waiting .
Cumbacheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:00 AM   #68
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Nope, I'm thinking of something else, maybe. I was just passing it along because folks seem to like the Dakar screen on a variety of bikes. I'll post a picture of what I'm looking at, if I can figure out how.

Sarah
Old 02-04-2008, 06:04 AM   #69
Zapp22 OP
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,672
Mirrors!

Chuck!
what are those mirrors on your bike?

source for KLR screens like those.... short and tall?

z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Chiodini
Use the same mounting holes as the stock screen. Wind hits me just above eye level. A little more noise than stock but no buffeting.

Attachment 147905
Zapp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:08 AM   #70
Zapp22 OP
ZAPP - Tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff Tunica
MRA from Twisted Throttle
Tuff - i can't see how that thing is mounted. can you explain? i'm guessing handlebar struts?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:08 AM   #71
greer
Beastly Adventurer

This is a Maier Sport shield:

Anybody try something like this on a DR? Do you suppose the 2-point mount would be stable at Interstate speeds? Maier makes a variety of shapes and sizes like this one. I have an old National Cycle Street Shield EX but it's quite a bit bigger and the 4-point mount will be unhandy to rig up on the bike. Would you all have any idea which affects handling the least, the handlebar mounted shield or one that bolts to the number plate? Thanks very much.

Sarah
Old 02-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #72
racer 07
Lock & Load

Oddometer: 690
Spitfire wind screen DR650

Just mounted a Spitfire Slip Stream on my DR. Handlebar mount. Height Is 19 inches from center of headlight cowl to top of screen. I'm 5'10" tall with a 32" inseam. Use some kind of spacer between the screen and number plate, at the bottom, so the screen doesn't seal to the number plate. This will prevent turbulance. Very little pressure below 50 mph, between 50-70mph air pressure about the shoulders is about the same as without the screen. From 70-90mph the pressure stabilized and did not appear to increase with speed above 70mph. Without the screen, the faster you go the more it trys to drag you off the bike, as you know. No change in handling or fuel mileage.
racer 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:55 AM   #73
Zapp22 OP
ZAPP - Tejas

is the shield itself pretty stable, or is it flapping?

i assume 2-point mount, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer 07
Just mounted a Spitfire Slip Stream on my DR. Handlebar mount. Height Is 19 inches from center of headlight cowl to top of screen. I'm 5'10" tall with a 32" inseam. Use some kind of spacer between the screen and number plate, at the bottom, so the screen doesn't seal to the number plate. This will prevent turbulance. Very little pressure below 50 mph, between 50-70mph air pressure about the shoulders is about the same as without the screen. From 70-90mph the pressure stabilized and did not appear to increase with speed above 70mph. Without the screen, the faster you go the more it trys to drag you off the bike, as you know. No change in handling or fuel mileage.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #74
CaptTurbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
Sarah, before you buy a windscreen at least take a look at the Turbocity shield. I think you will like it. Their shield is made by Aeroflow like the one I bought from you for my GS. I bought one from them and have no regrets. In fact check out all their DR farkles. I think I have most of them on my bike. Neville.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #75
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Hi Neville,

I believe that's the one Doug suggested, so that's two votes already. I was just trying to keep cost down since I still need a tank, risers, a rack, luggage rails....you know how it goes.

Sarah