ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #1576
clfless
Former Dualsporter

Oddometer: 346
I was ripped off, cheated, and lied to by Britts and will never do any business with them again. I go to great efforts to not buy anything from them. Bought my DRZ in Lumberton and it was worth the drive. Saved a lot of money and they were very nice to do business with. Enough Rant, I just hate Britts and am not the only one.

Looks like nice day shaping up for Sunday ride. We doing breakfast at 9 or going straight to Bear Garden? Have to remember to bring my Angola map so we can find some more roads. George, bring your GPS so you can save where we ride.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #1577
sarasotausmc
Percocet powered

Oddometer: 179
I should be good for Sunday. Rgr on the GPS. I like the breakfasts, so I'm in for a show time of 0930 at the grill.

Britts, I'll go to them in a pinch, but it has to be a big one. If I need it now, I'll either go to Mouse's or Cycle World here in J'ville. I don't mind spending a couple extra dollars to help out the small businesses. I refuse to deal with Lejeune Honda ever again.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #1578
Semper_ride
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
All dealerships in Jacksonville are equally horrible. I heard Greenville is the place to go but its to far of a drive. Let me know the time and place I wll be there it doesn't matter to me 0900, 0930, at the grill, bear pond or holly shelter I just want to ride.

Past Bikes
84 Honda Sabre V45
83 Honda Sabre V45
79 KL 250
75 KE 125
?? Honda Trail 50
Semper_ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #1579
clfless
Former Dualsporter

Lets do breakfast at 9:30 at Sawmill Grill, give it a chance to warm up some or at least get above freezing.

See you guys there.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #1580
clfless
Former Dualsporter

Today was last game lands ride until April when it opens for a few weeks of turkey hunting. Weather started cool, but warmed up nice. Blasted through Holly Shelter to get to Bear Garden. Roads had dried up a lot but were still some puddles. Ended up in Angola again and found some cool places.

One of these lines has a hole in it that swallowed Georges front tire, lucky for him he was able to back out and not go swimming.

Jeremy trying to find a good line through the mud.

Then we found this in the North West corner of Angola Bay.

Truck was still warm and had a valid New River Enlisted sticker on it. Ran into the driver further down the trail. He said he had a Jeep coming to pull him out. He also said its a Rubicon and its "trail rated". We all found this very interesting and decided it would be a show worth watching.

Jeep made it to about a mile from the truck. Guy in flannel shirt is driver of the truck, he is on phone calling another guy with a truck to come get them both out. A full size Blazer with proper mud tires they said. Should be able to get the Jeep out and then both the trucks should be able to get the other truck out.

We were burning daylight and could not stay to see how this ended, but my guess is it will be plenty dark by the time they get out of the woods tonight. Hated leaving them, but they are young Marines and since there is an nearly unlimited supply of Marines with 4wd trucks at the barracks, more young Marines will keep coming to pull them out, they are predictable like that. Us old ones like to be home in time for dinner though, been there and done that.

Teaser: George took some awesome video today, this may be his coolest video YET! We found another sand pit, and he just happened to be working the camera again!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #1581
sarasotausmc
Percocet powered

First off, I didn't back out of the hole, just diverted a little. Lots of fun today, feel bad about leaving them dudes there but when there is little to do but heckle, might as well let them to it. Can't wait for that video, pretty good show. It's the second time I've seen a KLR completely vertical.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #1582
buddha
buried in the sand...

Oddometer: 704
Wow. Ya'll weren't kidding when you said there were some truck-sized holes at HS. Glad I didn't wander into one of them with the jeep. Is Angola Bay the same way? And is it also closed until spring?
Old 02-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #1583
clfless
Former Dualsporter

Budda
Those trucks were stuck in Angola Bay, which has much smaller and fewer holes than Bear Garden.

I think think they will lock up all the game lands until spring turkey season. Last year we rode in the Green Swamp while the game lands were closed, but not sure about that this year.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #1584
Semper_ride
Adventurer

The KiLleR that almost got away.

Past Bikes
84 Honda Sabre V45
83 Honda Sabre V45
79 KL 250
75 KE 125
?? Honda Trail 50
Old 02-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #1585
Semper_ride
Adventurer

George in the mud.

Past Bikes
84 Honda Sabre V45
83 Honda Sabre V45
79 KL 250
75 KE 125
?? Honda Trail 50
Old 02-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #1586
Semper_ride
Adventurer

George changing tracks but had no problems.

Past Bikes
84 Honda Sabre V45
83 Honda Sabre V45
79 KL 250
75 KE 125
?? Honda Trail 50
Old 02-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #1587
sarasotausmc
Percocet powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha
Wow. Ya'll weren't kidding when you said there were some truck-sized holes at HS. Glad I didn't wander into one of them with the jeep. Is Angola Bay the same way? And is it also closed until spring?
It's that way all over here. It's just dirt sitting on top of swamp. We avoid potholes when at speed because it may be the only one for 1/2 mile and be 3 feet deep. And in both HS and Angola, it's not real mud, it's organic gunk, slickery and black.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #1588
Semper_ride
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasotausmc
It's that way all over here. It's just dirt sitting on top of swamp. We avoid potholes when at speed because it may be the only one for 1/2 mile and be 3 feet deep. And in both HS and Angola, it's not real mud, it's organic gunk, slickery and black.
Yes, and it is hard as hell to clean off the bike. Today it took me about an hour to get my bike clean then the wife came home, yelling and it took another half hour to clean the drive way. Time for a beer!!

Past Bikes
84 Honda Sabre V45
83 Honda Sabre V45
79 KL 250
75 KE 125
?? Honda Trail 50
Old 02-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #1589
buddha
buried in the sand...

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by clfless
Budda
I think think they will lock up all the game lands until spring turkey season. Last year we rode in the Green Swamp while the game lands were closed, but not sure about that this year.
What kind of riding are ya'll doing on GS? I only know the dirt logging roads, so lots of sand, not much mud. Used to be a member of a hunting club down there, so been on quite a few of those roads, but don't know where ya'll are going.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #1590
Gotlabs
Killing with kindness

Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper_ride

Nice save dude, almsot like you were showing off for the camera.