ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #1681
clfless
Former Dualsporter

Oddometer: 347
I am trying to teach Jeremy the routes for my own protection, if I go down we sure as hell dont want George trying to navigate us out do we?

We riding Sunday?

The no breakfast thing sucked, I was starvin by 10. You guys want to meet up in Burgaw at Hardees for breakfast then roll to the woods? Still lot closer than going all the way to Hampstead for everybody.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #1682
Semper_ride
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by clfless
I am trying to teach Jeremy the routes for my own protection, if I go down we sure as hell dont want George trying to navigate us out do we?

We riding Sunday?

The no breakfast thing sucked, I was starvin by 10. You guys want to meet up in Burgaw at Hardees for breakfast then roll to the woods? Still lot closer than going all the way to Hampstead for everybody.
As of right now I should be good for this Sunday what time do you all want to meet?

Past Bikes
84 Honda Sabre V45
83 Honda Sabre V45
79 KL 250
75 KE 125
?? Honda Trail 50
Semper_ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #1683
sarasotausmc
Percocet powered

Oddometer: 179
Jeremy and I are meeting up at the Scotchman on 53 at 0800, the second one from 24/258 towards Burgaw. I'll be leaving J'ville at about 0730 down 17 to 24/258/53. Straight ride for anyone else bringing up tail end Charlie.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #1684
clfless
Former Dualsporter

What a ride. Had 5 riders (George, Sam, Jeremy, Chris, Richard) today and we had a blast, very dusty but fun ride.
I just got all the pics uploaded to the NC-WARDS photobucket account. More later.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #1685
buddha
buried in the sand...

Oddometer: 705
thanks!

Thanks again for letting me tag along today! I had a GREAT time. Lots of fun and I enjoyed seeing everybody. Hopefully I can get back out again soon.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #1686
clfless
Former Dualsporter

Ride Report
We met up in Burgaw, which seemed to work for everyone, and headed for BG.

We rode all the trails in BG and even made the loop to the little pond. There was some mud there, but everybody made it through just fine. We were on one of the loops and I was passed by Sam and George in a race. It was too dusty for 3 to play, and I was riding my usual pace since I was the only person who knew the way out, so I just let them go.

Last year WP and Sam got into a race in this same loop road,and WP ended up blowing a sharp right turn and ended up in the woods. Amazingly he didn't get hurt, and Sam made it through just fine.

Here we go again, the same turn, and Sam lures another victim into the same ditch, in the same corner.

I found Georges bike down, and he was in the ditch on his back moaning, which was a good sign. I think He was actually saying "FUCK YOU Wynn Parkinson!", but it was hard to tell. His helmet visor was smashed down since he landed face first, he had just rolled over when I got to him. He was mostly unhurt, but really sore. I suggested he take a 800mg dose of "slow the fuck down", but he brought his own meds.
( NOTE: this photo is a re-creation of how we found him, I was not taking pictures while he was possibly hurt laying in the ditch. He actually posed for this pic by getting back into the ditch, what a sport!)

We had to put some serious horsepower into bending his bars into a somewhat rideable condition, good thing we had plenty with us. He decided it was good enough and we headed for AB.

Since its pretty much dried up we were able to explore some new roads and found some cool places. Only got turned back once by some of the nastiest mud with no bottom that we could not get around.

Another fun ride, and our perfect safety record is still intact. If you can ride away from it, it doesnt count!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #1687
sarasotausmc
Percocet powered

I would have beat Sam if I didn't wreck. It's all a little hazy, but I think I was yelling "fuck you Wynn Parkinson" as the little birdies were making that "hahehaheehhaaahe" Wynn laugh.
http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...ecapsizing.flv" target="_blank">http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/t...ecapsizing.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket" style="width: 160px;">

I got up today, we'll see about tomorrow. I've just learned about a rash on my thigh and a jammed middle finger.

Awesome ride, awesome day to ride, awesome people to ride with. Looking forward to next time.

sarasotausmc screwed with this post 04-19-2010 at 04:51 PM
sarasotausmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #1688
Semper_ride
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
George couldn't say it better great ride to day with a bunch of great riders thank God we made it without any seriour injuries I am glad George you didn't get hurt might be a little swore tomorrow but it really is a miracle. Richard way to sling that big pig today I know the DR 650 is almost the wieght of a KiLleR 650 might shed 40 pounds but it aint much. Chris as our ring leader well we didn't get shot at by red necks and busted by the Police so another successful nav job. Sam well way to ride like a bat out of hell and show who's top dog. A lot of fun today fellows wish I could be there next week but will be out at Fort Bragg. (Area 51???) I will be back for May 2nd and expect to really tear up the trails.

Past Bikes
84 Honda Sabre V45
83 Honda Sabre V45
79 KL 250
75 KE 125
?? Honda Trail 50
Semper_ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #1689
DirtDobbler
love to ride

Oddometer: 165
Thumb

Grrrrreat Ride! glad i came out Good Times
DirtDobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #1690
mothra
Rally Driver

Oddometer: 751
Glad you guys had fun and nobody got hurt. Can't tell in the picture what is that big pig?

'02 F650GS Dakar
'09 HUSBERG FE450
mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #1691
buddha
buried in the sand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothra
Glad you guys had fun and nobody got hurt. Can't tell in the picture what is that big pig?
That's me.

Oh!

My bike's a DR 650.

Jeremy, I think in this case, rider weight more than makes up for that 40lbs. difference in bike weight.

Thanks for the compliment! I'm a lot rusty but looking forward to getting more practice soon!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #1692
sarasotausmc
Percocet powered

I never paid much attention in physics class because I never got that far, but skinny ass gives you mo faster while fat ass gives you mo stopping power, right? Safety Gear is what I am focusing on next. I got up with what I had on, head and roost guard, and think I can do better still with a cheap neck brace, elbow and knee guards. Never though I would need it but am learning to push harder, and with Sam the speed racer, I will get get better and faster, and less prone to hurting like I do after practive.

I really hurt today, but between the bottle of National Health Care, hot showers, ice packs, etc, I'm good.

Look out Sam, next time I might have to put you into a wall just to get there at least once.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #1693
buddha
buried in the sand...

Glad to hear you're not hurting too bad, George. Though, I'm sore today, so I know damn well you are. Get better quick!

Looking good for me to get away this weekend. I saw dirtbikes blasting through tire ruts everytime I shut my eyes last night...
Old 04-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #1694
clfless
Former Dualsporter

So I guess there is some interest in riding again on Sunday

George- good thing your a tough guy, if you would have needed mouth to mouth you would be dead right now and I would have an extra DRZ in my garage.

Budda- you and your buddy going to trailer on into Hollands?

Matt- things are so dry out there you would be fine with those street tires. Jeremy is running a bald deathwing on front and a Kenda 270 with 3,000 miles on it on the rear and doing fine. Sam is using a mountain bike tire on his rear and a deathwing on the front and managed to put George in the ditch just fine.

Meeting in Burgaw seemed to work out ok, didnt miss riding in HS much. Would rather hit more of BG and AB anyway. Be nice if we got a little rain to cut the dust a little. Meeting at 8:30 worked for me, how about you guys? Lets nail down the details and I will send out an email.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #1695
DirtDobbler
love to ride

Oddometer: 165
Man my back is killing me, funny how old injuries come back to haunt you when you get older and out of shape! Im goint to let George out run me dont want to hurt for a week I rather get my feelings hurt!

No riding for me this weekend
DirtDobbler is offline   Reply With Quote