ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #2446
mothra
Rally Driver

Oddometer: 757
Dan, Mike, and myself managed to get the bikes dirty in Brunswick County before the rain set in. There is still a lot of water on the dirt roads. Some could easily have been mistaken for streams.

Thanks for the pointers Mike. I still have a lot to learn about the new bike.

'02 F650GS Dakar
'09 HUSBERG FE450
mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #2447
Icecold Dan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Great ride today. I'm glad we were able to put it together. I'm envious of the Berg, and I also hate it at the same time because its going to cause me to spend money...lol. Glad it worked out for you Matt.

Anyone want to buy a well equipped DR...?
Old 08-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #2448
BaldKnob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Thanks for the invite!

Had a fun ride, I dodged a ticket, a sinkhole and a trip to the ER so... good day! It felt good to open the 520 up and let 'er run. I like those roads when the sand is packed and the dust is gone. The ride home in a squall was white knuckle but I made it without becoming a hood ornament. Looking forward to the next ride, hopefully there will be some elevation involved.

Matt, you've got a real nice 'Berg just be sure to hang that new jacket opposite of the pipe!
BaldKnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #2449
Icecold Dan
Studly Adventurer

I'm heading out to URE November 6th - 9th to primitive camp and ride the area. Mostly I just plan to relax and drink. All are welcome to join me for any part of the weekend. Perhaps if there's enough interest, we can make it like a mini, annual, local rally.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:44 AM   #2450
BaldKnob
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecold Dan View Post
I'm heading out to URE November 6th - 9th to primitive camp and ride the area. Mostly I just plan to relax and drink. All are welcome to join me for any part of the weekend. Perhaps if there's enough interest, we can make it like a mini, annual, local rally.
Sounds like fun, I'll know more when my schedule comes out but it shouldn't be a problem. Just be sure to keep the drink on the downlow or there won't be much relaxing! Are you camping off the big bike or bringing the DR up in the truck?
Old 09-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #2451
BaldKnob
Gnarly Adventurer

Holly Shelter is open

I rode out there this afternoon and saw no bikes, two trucks and a Mazda. The place was pristine with rain dampened gravel and no mud (on Lodge Rd). Big fun doing the ton on a gravel road!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:58 AM   #2452
Icecold Dan
Studly Adventurer

Good to know. I'm glad you had a good ride, sorry I couldn't make it.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:03 AM   #2453
glider304guider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Going to plan on coming up on the 7th. Have been wanting to ride out at URE for some time now. Might have a couple other riders from Wilmington that want too go.

Duane
glider304guider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 AM   #2454
mothra
Rally Driver

Anyone up for riding this weekend? It looks like the rain might give us a break. I am up for big bikes or little bikes.

'02 F650GS Dakar
'09 HUSBERG FE450
Old 09-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #2455
BaldKnob
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothra View Post
Anyone up for riding this weekend? It looks like the rain might give us a break. I am up for big bikes or little bikes.
Hey Matt, Notarally and ExpoEast are this weekend. I wasn't planning on either one but would consider riding out west with the KTM. Brown Mt is my preference but Uwharrie will do in a pinch.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #2456
BaldKnob
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glider304guider View Post
Going to plan on coming up on the 7th. Have been wanting to ride out at URE for some time now. Might have a couple other riders from Wilmington that want too go.

Duane
Hey Duane, bring the GS so you can ride the surrounding gravel roads. You could ride the Beemer on most of the jeep trails if you wanted. There are a few trails (Daniel, Dickey Bell and Dutch John) you want to avoid, the rest are fairly easy to moderate trails. Very rocky and red clay everwhere.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #2457
Icecold Dan
Studly Adventurer

I'm headed out for Nottarally on Thursday. There are a few slots that have recently opened up if anyone is interested. Contact Cuttle for details.

Don't forget about URE Nov 6-9. I'm not sure which bike I'm bringing yet, but will be there all the same.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #2458
mothra
Rally Driver

I am going to have to ride locally this weekend. To much travel recently to get away for the weekend. I am going to try and get to URE in November probably with the berg and a few friends from Raleigh.

'02 F650GS Dakar
'09 HUSBERG FE450
Old 09-30-2014, 02:39 PM   #2459
glider304guider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
BaldKnob,
Yea, I'm torn between the GS and the XR. I may try and bring both bikes and switch off. I'm just hoping the weather cooperates.
glider304guider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #2460
BaldKnob
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothra View Post
I am going to have to ride locally this weekend. To much travel recently to get away for the weekend. I am going to try and get to URE in November probably with the berg and a few friends from Raleigh.
Gotcha. I only know of a couple or legal areas to ride around here and Angel's Gift Rd is only quasi-legal so Holly Shelter? Kinda long ride for the 'Burg. What kind of dirt road does BSL have to offer? Governers Rd had water across it last week... had to have been 4 foot deep.