Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #61
rpo83
Old enough to know better

Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_343
steve, the oil capacity is 2 litres. The bikes sure as hell are durable. They make great adventurfe bikes if you are really getting off the beaten track. The 07 has a approx. 22litre tank available from ims, I use a Nomad bum tank with mine instead though. The 08 has a tank being made for it at present but not out yet, i think it is from Acerbis?? Much more info is available in the Thumpers forum, under the main TE610 sign in thread!
Basically they are an excellent do it all, indestructible bike. And having done a nig trip with Pejie on his 1150 Gsa and me on the Husky.... I can tell you which bike I would rather be on (well Pejie wasnt 'on' a bike very much at all... rather more like under it... )
Thanks rhino,

The bimmer is stunning at chewing miles, and is a lot of fun on dirt roads, but the weight kills it when the going gets rough. I am trying desperately NOT to own 3 bikes, rego is bad enough as it is. The Husky is looking better all the time.....

My 2011 Ride around Aus http://rpo83.blogspot.com.au/
rpo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #62
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,206
Has anyone else caused the plastic radiator shrouds to tear from the little plastic 'slip-in' notches on the fuel tank; by crashing through too much tight scrub?

Mine looks a bit rough n ready at the moment because I've had to put a fair bit of black electrical tape on it. (to stop the radiator shroud flapping around at speeds over 110 - 130 km/h).

I imagine plastic welding is the go.......

Blakduk screwed with this post 11-13-2008 at 02:58 PM
Blakduk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #63
rhino_343
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk
Has anyone else caused the plastic radiator shrouds to tear from the little plastic 'slip-in' notches on the fuel tank; by crashing through too much tight scrub?

Mine looks a bit rough n ready at the moment because I've had to put a fair bit of black electrical tape on it. (to stop the radiator shroud flapping around at speeds over 110 - 130 km/h)

Yep, mine have done this but they go back in again. I havent really noticed them 'flapping' around, even though I do a lot of high speed riding on this bike. The thing I have noticed is that they don't sit flush like they used too, they leave a visual gap and it bothers me a little bit, but the bike is so dirty now from riding in WA's red dirt that that is the least of my aesthetic worries! That red dirt is VERY sharp and gritty as well and has scratched the plastics badly.... lucky I have a full spare set of plastics to put oon the bike one day. I thought I would put them on when I sold it, but can't ever see myself selling her, so they will go on for her birthday one year!
Today she gets a new front tyre
Tenere XT600 34L 1983 classic
rhino_343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #64
ronnie ron
n00b is fine

Oddometer: 68
Hey Boys,

I took the 610 up to Wegde last weekend - WA riders might know Wedge Island, it's a coastal fishing town about 30 kms north of Lancelin. Had a f**king blast, this type of riding suited the 610 down to the ground! Long, fast tracks with plenty of rain on the Thursday we went up, it was so much fun. It was sandy and muddy with lots of little jumps and sweeping corners and finishes off with some big dunes. Had some awesome rides out from Wedge with tight tracks and heeaps of whoops and big dunes.

Got some pics for y'all, nothing major but some good shots. Very good weekend away with the boys!

Old 11-13-2008, 05:49 PM   #65
rhino_343
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 2,128
Nice shots Ron, you manage to make the 610 look small! How tall are you? Also what is that thing you have hanging off the tail??? Is that the Euro spec number plate holder? I would piss that off quick smart, unless you use it as a shelter for you and your mates to camp under?? It is huge!!!Getting rid of the wind drag that creates would be equivilent to about another 5hp
Tenere XT600 34L 1983 classic
rhino_343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:19 PM   #66
ronnie ron
n00b is fine

Oddometer: 68
Cheers Justin,

It is a 610, I swear!!! I am a big unit, 6'5 and about 130kg. It's funny looking at the pics and realising that I make the bike look like a 250!

I am pulling the plate holder this weekend, I have just gotten my drill back from someone who "borrowed" it for the last 3 months! I could do with an extra 5hp, the poor bike's got a lot weight to push around!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:14 AM   #67
cautiousbob
struggling along

Oddometer: 415
Nice one Ron,

Looks like good fun was had...i'm jealous.
cautiousbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:22 AM   #68
Svart
...is swedish for black

Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk

Mine looks a bit rough n ready at the moment because I've had to put a fair bit of black electrical tape on it. (to stop the radiator shroud flapping around at speeds over 110 - 130 km/h).

I imagine plastic welding is the go.......
Yup, on both sides. Left side when the best line was through a small tree, right side just started smacking me on my knee. Lots of electrical and duct tape is the solution!
The construction is a bit stupid, the shrouds are too easy to rip off.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 AM   #69
venture4th
Venture4th

Oddometer: 12
+1 and what is up with that suspension??

Have been enjoying breaking in my 08 610, after upgrading from an 06TE250, mostly road kms so far. Had a chance to take it for a run up into the brindabellas outside Canberra on Sunday to get some dirt on it, and was surprised at how bad the forks were on hard corrugations. I know that there's plenty of feedback about breaking them in, but this was surprisingly harsh. Tried it in a few different types of terrain, a few clicker adjustments (oh for a compression adjuster) which gave it a better feel on the corrugations under acceleration, but at the expense of pogo-ing under braking . Sigh. Only 1400km on it so far, lots of suspension tinkering ahead yet methinks. Really noticed the weight in powerline access trails across tight ruts and rock ledges compared to the 250 (when combined with that fork), but that engine is so good on a fast open sweeper..Be good to hear what's working for others on the fork tuning..
venture4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #70
zc351
crash test dummy

Oddometer: 26
Hi pat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiehusky
Seen a few posts but not many from Qld Te owners, I'd be interested in South Brissy/vegas, maybe a get together if possible..

Pat --> in the Logan area
Yeah mate i'm in the brissy area, not too far from you actually. I'm currently abusing a '07 te610 and would be up for a ride sometime

'07 TE610
'07 XB12R Buell
'69 FORD Fairlane
zc351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:49 AM   #71
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

I know there's an 07 TE610 at Maryborough, and there's an 04 - 06 one in Gympie. He treats it real bad, never serviced, rides intermittently. Still goes like a train.

NEWS FLASH: Cleaned my bike this afternoon an there's a lot of sticky oily stuff around the head.......not sure if this is dust on oil from the last service, or if I've got a leaky gasket or something......have cleaned it with the pressure washer & will keep a close look.
Might be back to the dealer for a warranty claim/check....
Old 11-26-2008, 06:12 PM   #72
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

TE610 owners, don't forget to unbolt the footpegs and clean up the mating surfaces with a file to remove the paint and the lump of weld from the sidestand. These irregularities can cause your footpegs to break off or come loose; with pretty nasty consequences if it happens at the right/wrong time.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #73
Trang OP
... 2nd last to the Sweep

Oddometer: 1,070
This was posted over in Thumpers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfund
I got an email today regarding the possibiltiy of them making an over sized tank for the 08 fuel injected model. The answer for now is no. Maybe if everyone emails the company asking for a tank, they might come around.

Dear Luke,
Thank you for your email. A tank for this bike has been discussed but at
this stage we have no plans to make one. This bike is becoming very popular.
Regards
Veronica

Their email is: enquiries@rvaqualine.com.au
Perhaps anyone who is interested ought to send rvaqualine an email with an 'expression of interest'
Old 12-03-2008, 05:10 AM   #74
aussiehusky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
te610 ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc351
Yeah mate i'm in the brissy area, not too far from you actually. I'm currently abusing a '07 te610 and would be up for a ride sometime
PM sent and awaiting..

Cheers

Aussiehusky
aussiehusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #75
cautiousbob
struggling along

Oddometer: 415
steering damper/dampener/stabiliser

hey guys,

i went for a ride with some mates on monday around some pine forest at oberon (had a decent coming off which resulted in a dead leg and bruised confidence and sorry no pics) but i had a ride of a crf450 with a steering dampener. i have not ridden a bike with one of these and i was surprised at how true the bike seemed to feel through some otherwise pretty slippery stuff. has anyone got one on their 610? if so which one, is it under or over the bars and do you think it makes a noticeable difference to the bikes handling (or your riding)? and how much was it?

i should note at this point that the 610 was pretty well behaved through the slippery stuff even though the rear rubber is looking pretty tired.
cautiousbob is offline   Reply With Quote