User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2009, 08:11 AM   #166
Uncle Ernie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,978
Crossing on ferries is so much fun.

I wish your dog was wearing doggles. Great potential for eye damage.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #167
Erik RS
Three Wheel Maniac

Oddometer: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ernie
.. I wish your dog was wearing doggles. Great potential for eye damage.
Actually tried some last saturday, but they didn't fit. I need them with larger lenses and a larger center distance. These just closed his eyes and made him very unhappy . I'm gonna see what else is on the market

Xtankteam™

Proud sponsor of the Sibirsky Extreme Project
Erik RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #168
Richard-NL
Sidecar Fan

Oddometer: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik RS
Actually tried some last saturday, but they didn't fit. I need them with larger lenses and a larger center distance. These just closed his eyes and made him very unhappy . I'm gonna see what else is on the market
This is a big big dog.... and I agree, some protection is very important. Tried Doggles XL allready? The dog will not complaint, untill it's too late.

Quote:
Crossing the North Sea Canal on a ferry
Hopefully no-one will think you crossed the North Sea

Richard-NL
Old 04-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #169
Threewheelbonnie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Big Doggles

Got any safety goggles? I used the cheap ones that come with power tools and added extra elastic under the chin to make an XXL Doggles clone. They are one lens like MX goggles so no need to worry about the centres as much. Worked OK for our Boxer.

Andy
Threewheelbonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #170
Bozola
Complete Bastard

Oddometer: 418
Quote:

That's the problem I had. My dog refuses to wear Doggles. He will wear dirt goggles.

2007 Gear-Up "Skwural"
Inflatable Banana
Bozola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #171
Mastercylinder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
For some reason our dog took to the doggles right away. His first set was the first generation of doggles. He now has two other sets, one being a mesh type.
Mastercylinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 AM   #172
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
If your dog does not like standard Doggles, then you may consider the soft-mesh style of Doggles. The dog can easily see out of them and they are not as rigid as the plastic Doggles.

It is even extra income for you when people donate, because they think your dog is blind. :-)

Murphy likes them:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...MANMURPHY2.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...MANMURPHY3.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...MANMURPHY1.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...SHDOGGLES1.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...SHDOGGLES2.jpg

All of the above photos were action shots of Murph riding in the sidecar at the time. He loves to howl at the other dogs in the neighborhood as we pass by. The soft-mesh Doggles stay in place very well on him and my other two dogs.

My other dogs enjoyed them as well, but no pics to post of them. They sort of look like a mini-bra on the dogs, but they are cooler temp-wise for riding than the plastic Doggles, and my dogs actually like them better at times. In addition, they do not get scratches like the plastic Doggles do, so they last for a long time for the money.

There is a reason Dogs do not live as long as we do. They are your Resume' in Heaven...

coupe1942 screwed with this post 04-29-2009 at 03:00 AM
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #173
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,905
My Dad Yodog (yogi) and my little brother Hamish.... comming down poncha pass today.

my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #174
Kmart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
My new Hannigan Classic hack. Bardo goes nuts for it and won't get out. I removed the seat to give him plenty of space.

Kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #175
bigdon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris McArdle
G/day all

I have mixed emotions about putting up photo's of my best mate, he was a bloody big part of our lives for almost 16 years and he really enjoyed travelling in our sidecars, from the day we brought him home in the K1 outfit as a 6 week old pup till the day he died travelling with me in the Tuck Truck at the Dargo High Plains rally.
He was probably one of the most travelled dogs in Oz, saw a lot of Oz that a lot of people have not had the privilage to see, so here is to DJ the Jack Russell

DJ and I rode into the 2007 Dargo rally, he jumped out of the chair and for some unexplained reason he jumped into the river where after a short time paddling around, he rolled over and died
So with the help of a few friends we buried him there on the side of a hill overlooking the rally sight, with more then one person commenting that it was a pretty good place to end up.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

Don't stop riding until you get to the crash , you might save it!
bigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:20 AM   #176
hackman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Rainbow Bridge

Big Don; speaking a as lifelong dog lover; that rainbow bridge is a wonderful sentiment for all of us who have lost our four legged friends.

Nice looking Road Glide K mart (but I admit to being prejudiced!)
Attached Images

hackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:00 AM   #177
Juan44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Adventure Dog!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:18 AM   #178
Threewheelbonnie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Pics of Gooner (Alsation-Collie cross) plus his harness for the Ural chair and a run down of how we taught him to ride now added here:

https://sites.google.com/site/threew...gs-in-sidecars

Andy
Threewheelbonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:19 AM   #179
maverick
Lost South-African..

Oddometer: 561
Our pup Bella...

Bella - Mental English Springer Spaniel

I started Bella out on my Africa Twin in the panniers from pup, used to sit her on the bike seat and reward her with some meat whilst starting and revving the bike gently until it did not seem to bother her at all.

We did short trips around our local area and she loved it. I was always worried about dropping the bike with her strapped inside the panniers though so looky looky CJ750 hack appeared on fleabay and always wanted one and the pup is safer and and and you get the picture

I used to take her for dog training at our local puppy school in the sidecar and the people loved the sight of us arriving. Kids pointing, grown ups staring etc

I still put a leash on her just for safety and peace of mind although I doubt she will jump out, unless I stop and she thinks it is play time

I have bought her a pair of goggles but struggling to prevent her from getting it off. Need to do some more training

One thing is certain if I roll the sidecar out of the garage she is in it waiting

Old 06-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #180
Uncle Ernie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,978
So how do these mesh gizmos work? Will the dogs eyes dry out from wind getting through?