Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2003, 04:02 PM   #166
CCCO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Said VespaFitz:
Thank you Warren. I'm going to try and find one of those beauties!

Craig
Craig.. 828 film hard to find. A couple places have it but you would need to do your own processing. It is 35mm film with out the spocket holes. Warren
CCCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:34 PM   #167
Fizzbiz
Throttle Flogger

Oddometer: 63
Re: Book in the works

Quote:
Said Wes Weber:
Hey all-

There have been so many requests for a book that we're gonna try to do it. I'll post here when we get some idea of how long it'll take. I'll also post information regarding the book on our website, www.rallytwin.com.

Thanks everybody for the additional stories and pics of people that influenced your riding lifestyle!
Wes,

Glad to hear your your proceeding with the idea about a possible book. I attached this thread to an e-mail to Bill Johnson in the archives department at Harley-Davidson. He may be a good resorce as you proceed with the book.

Any chance you and Warren comming down to the rally in Ouray. I know a bunch of nut cases that would enjoy meeting you guys. Also would be great to meet any of the other "Orginal Adventure Riders".
Fizzbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 06:36 PM   #168
VespaFitz
No-good-son-of-a-bitch

Oddometer: 41,051
Quote:
Said CCCO:
Craig.. 828 film hard to find. A couple places have it but you would need to do your own processing. It is 35mm film with out the spocket holes. Warren
Thanks! I was just doing a little research on how guys are taking 35mm film and somehow respooling it to use as 828. Thanks for the warning. Might not be worth the trouble, I suppose.

AKA "Ham Steak" - Bumfucked Hillbillies MC
VespaFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 07:22 PM   #169
inte
neophyte serendipity

Oddometer: 2,736
Quote:
Said VespaFitz:
Thanks! I was just doing a little research on how guys are taking 35mm film and somehow respooling it to use as 828. Thanks for the warning. Might not be worth the trouble, I suppose.
the real trick would be finding/modifying your reels and tanks to process the stuff - wouldn't be able to wind the narrower film onto one for 35mm
inte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 08:22 PM   #170
CCCO
Adventurer

Quote:
Said inte:
the real trick would be finding/modifying your reels and tanks to process the stuff - wouldn't be able to wind the narrower film onto one for 35mm
It is still same width as 35mm, but because of no sprocket holes more of the film was usable for image. Warren
Old 12-07-2003, 08:24 PM   #171
MRW

Oddometer: n/a
did one of those "Dudes" have a son named "Evil"?
Old 12-07-2003, 10:01 PM   #172
inte
neophyte serendipity

Oddometer: 2,736
Quote:
Said CCCO:
It is still same width as 35mm, but because of no sprocket holes more of the film was usable for image. Warren
didn't know that ... in that case, wouldn't it be possible to wind up some bulk-roll 35-mm film into the camera? It would just result in a negative where the edges would be unusable because of the sprocket holes ... (?)
inte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 10:34 PM   #173
Rod
Wacko Ocker

Oddometer: 5,560
Thumb EXCELENT !!!!

Wes it has all been said and I would have passed over this fantastic tread except for a em I got (thanks NZ steve)

Wes,.. the story, the pic's and highly skilled rider for a father....one luck guy I say
Cheers; and thanks to your father and yourself for the post

"I told you I was sick" spike milligan 1918-2002
07 DLK V-strom
Ducati 750SS
'Be who you are and say what you feel...Because those that matter... don't mind...And those that mind... don't matter.'
"to succed at the island you must be comfortable in the knowleged that you may leave in a pine box" Joey Dunlop ..RIP
www.Austouring.com
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 11:32 PM   #174
Hacksaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,159
This thread must have set a record for times viewed.
Matthew 22:37-39
Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

http://hacksaw.smugmug.com/
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 11:52 PM   #175
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,232
Quote:
Said Hacksaw:
This thread must have set a record for times viewed.
just this morning was a little less than 60,000. at this very moment 16 hours later is 63654 that is some serius follow up if you ask me
Old 12-08-2003, 12:11 AM   #176
Broo C em
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
. . . & if only 1% of them take to Adventurous Riding then we got a whole bunch of newbies out there having fun ~ beware!

BrooC ;-))
Old 12-08-2003, 06:11 AM   #177
CCCO
Adventurer

Quote:
Said inte:
didn't know that ... in that case, wouldn't it be possible to wind up some bulk-roll 35-mm film into the camera? It would just result in a negative where the edges would be unusable because of the sprocket holes ... (?)
Useable, but remember to "crop" scene in view finder as you lose about 2mm from top and bottom. Warren
Old 12-08-2003, 03:07 PM   #178
CCCO
Adventurer

Re: The First Adventure Riders

Quote:
Said FrankF:
Great pics.

Really humbles you, knowing that those before you did what they did without half of what we have today.

Does anyone know why some pics don't download?? The last 15 pics that were posted just show up as red X's and dont' open into a picture.
Any one having this problem, right mouse click on red X and then click "show picture" Warren
Old 12-08-2003, 04:50 PM   #179
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,796
I've looked at this thread everyday for a week now. The book will do very well indeed.

You guys are the best of the best!

R-dubb
R-dubb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:56 PM   #180
Bill J. from Austin
Casual Hero and Raconteur

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Said Bill J. from Austin:
You might consider t-shirts, too. Maybe with the picture on the front, and your web-site info on the back. I'd love to have one of that panhead jump!

If you're thinking about it, and need a resource, I know there's a place called cafepress.com that does on-demand printing for a number of small web-site operators.
A couple hours after I posted that message about t-shirts, a buddy of mine showed up at my door with a present for me: a t-shirt with the picture of Kenny Erie's panhead jump printed on the front!

My buddy said he used a Wal-Mart iron-on transfer kit. The image is reversed, and a little washed-out looking, and it probably won't survive any more than two or three washings, but for now I'm laying claim to having the first-ever Kenny Erie fan-club t-shirt!

Evo FLT (AKA "The Bagger") a work in progress
Rigid kick-only shovel, built Texas-style! (AKA "The Bitch")
Unrestored James Comet (AKA "That stack of rusted scrap-metal in the shed") released with love 4-12-08
Pretty BMW R1100R (AKA "The Princess") totaled by my brother 10-4-08
Evo FXR (AKA "The Banshee") totaled by hit-and-run driver 10-26-08

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom, and I'm trying to get there as fast as I can!"
Bill J. from Austin is offline   Reply With Quote