ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #301
starchaser
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Good meeting everyone this w/e. Saturday was a a lot fun with some good peeps.

Thanks Focal for leading, Michael then luv2race for riding sweep, well done.

Squid, you rode well. That "save" you saw was not my doing. A helmet cam would surely have shown the hands of God keeping two people safe.

Mike, what doc put the iron implants in your arse?

Deep Creek was nice, I love the sound of water of rock!

I plan on heading up to BBB Friday, hopefully in time for a (key word reading) >>EASY<< ride!
starchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:50 AM   #302
Doghouse_Riley
Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 2,019
Thumb

You guys got the rest of us .

Is It May Yet?

Canis meus id comedit.
Doghouse_Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:15 AM   #303
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,318
Starchaser, I was behind squids leap, I don't know how in the hell you kept that bike upright. Front wheel locked up in a tight turn going downhill facing quads coming uphill. Hand of God? Negative! Skillz brother, SKILLZ!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchaser
Good meeting everyone this w/e. Saturday was a a lot fun with some good peeps.

Thanks Focal for leading, Michael then luv2race for riding sweep, well done.

Squid, you rode well. That "save" you saw was not my doing. A helmet cam would surely have shown the hands of God keeping two people safe.

Mike, what doc put the iron implants in your arse?

Deep Creek was nice, I love the sound of water of rock!

I plan on heading up to BBB Friday, hopefully in time for a (key word reading) >>EASY<< ride!
Old 04-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #304
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,007
So how did it go? Is there going to be any ride reports from this ride? If not make sure you guys post so picks here. Which I could of joined you guys. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #305
KLRrob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
So how did it go? Is there going to be any ride reports from this ride? If not make sure you guys post so picks here. Which I could of joined you guys. Ben
This ride is in Late May...Not in April (this past weekend)... So you can still join us.
KLRrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #306
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRrob
This ride is in Late May...Not in April (this past weekend)... So you can still join us.
What the hell? Why did I think this ride was this weekend? I must of got my theards mixed up. Thanks for setting me st8 KLRrob. If I can get a dualsport by then I will make it. Thanks Ben (just say no)
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #307
squids leap
Wanabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Whats up Ben99r1, we did take a ride up there, but it was just though some of the arrowhead area, and sort of a shake down to check out trail conditions. Basically we just took a ride up there bacause mid May is so far away we had to go ride . The only pics taken are on this thread a few pages back, I think its two pics and one of lunch (non of us were that into tak'n pix this trip) I think luv2race was the only one of us with a camera and we never really stopped long enough to take any........I think we were just having too much fun. Hope you get a dual sport by mid May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
What the hell? Why did I think this ride was this weekend? I must of got my theards mixed up. Thanks for setting me st8 KLRrob. If I can get a dualsport by then I will make it. Thanks Ben (just say no)
squids leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #308
K6OST OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Hey All

My work has had me out of town, and pretty much out of touch for the last few weeks. Good to hear everyone had a good ride.

For the Big Bear weekend:

I'll be riding up Thursday evening, staying the night, and leaving my tent and bag. Anyone that wants to can put their stuff at my spot. And for anyone that's riding up on Friday, we're expecting to have a truck available to throw some gear in if you don't want to carry it up with you.

For the Friday ride I guess the general idea is that I'll head up a group of newbies, big bikes, and those that want to take it easy. It'll be 90% dirt mostly fireroads with some challenging sections (V-Strom, BMW kind of challenging)

The advanced riders and guys with lighter bikes can still meet at the meeting point in San Bernardino for coffee and doughnuts, drop off gear in the truck if you want, and head on up the more aggressive trails like those just taken last weekend.

And yes, as of Thursday, MAY is here!

Steve K6OST
www.dirtytires.com/forums
motorcycle,quad,4x4,mtb forums
'07 V-Strom 650 ABS
K6OST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #309
focallength
You're Welcome

Oddometer: 4,734
Im going to really try to make it up thursday afternoon (as I need as much time off as I can get) are you still going to be riding up from your friends garage on friday?
focallength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #310
K6OST OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by focallength
Im going to really try to make it up thursday afternoon (as I need as much time off as I can get) are you still going to be riding up from your friends garage on friday?
I was going to ride up and stay Thursday night, then ride back down again on Friday morning to meet up with the Friday riders.

I'll give the exact address as time gets closer but the Friday meeting point is on the other side of the freeway from Chaparral's at the South Mill St Exit of the 215. Plenty of free parking for those that want to trailer in and only a few minutes from the trail heads.

Steve K6OST
'07 V-Strom 650 ABS
Old 04-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #311
focallength
You're Welcome

Oddometer: 4,734
ok sounds cool I may come up friday then (espcially now that there is a gear truck, I wouldnt want to ride any trails with a 50# pack and a tent and sleeping bag on my bike) Ill let you know as we get closer, thanks for the info.
focallength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #312
Moraflex
Banned

Oddometer: 1,342
I'll be up there this weekend with a fully loaded down beast for some remote camping, whiskey drinking, cigar smoking (maybe, I quit 6 months ago), howling at the moon good ol time. It's a shake down ride for all my gear to see what to do and not to do (packing wise) B4 the B-Bash date arrives.

This will be a simple fire road type trip so if anyone wants to howl at the moon with me, let me know. I'll be going up on Saturday morning.
Moraflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #313
K6OST OP
Adventurer

I'm thinking I'm going to pre-run the entire route today. I was supposed to do it in a 4x4 with the photographer that wants to get some shots of us but I haven't heard from him in a few days.

I've got some new tires on the bike, got all day with nothing to do, a GPS, camera, and notepad.

Sounds like a plan.

Steve K6OST
'07 V-Strom 650 ABS
Old 05-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #314
Moraflex
Banned

Oddometer: 1,342
BB this last weekend.

Well, I checked out Serrano campground. It was packed to the gills. My spot #120 looks like it is an island of powdered dirt with no shade...Yuckkkkk. So, I jammed into Holcolm Valley north side of mining claims and made camp in a nice rock strewn grassy tree covered patch of earth I called my own. The only problem was, I didn't expect 20F evenings and I brought the wrong bag. Freeeeeezing.....

Turned out to be a nice 297 mile ride. I could have reduced the mileage by 75 if had a fellow rider along to take dirt roads with. I believe dirt riding should be done with more than one.

See you all on the 16th.
Attached Images

Moraflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #315
K6OST OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moraflex
Well, I checked out Serrano campground. It was packed to the gills. My spot #120 looks like it is an island of powdered dirt with no shade...Yuckkkkk. So, I jammed into Holcolm Valley north side of mining claims and made camp in a nice rock strewn grassy tree covered patch of earth I called my own. The only problem was, I didn't expect 20F evenings and I brought the wrong bag. Freeeeeezing.....

Turned out to be a nice 297 mile ride. I could have reduced the mileage by 75 if had a fellow rider along to take dirt roads with. I believe dirt riding should be done with more than one.

See you all on the 16th.
Down in the 20's huh? Oh that'll be fun if it's like that in a few weeks!! note to myself, pack the long johns LOL

Steve K6OST
'07 V-Strom 650 ABS