ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #466
squids leap
Wanabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
I had a great time, even missing most of the sat ride due to my friends radiator trouble. Quick steel is the shit, fixed it right up.....but then my friend and I both lost our clutches, his completely gone, mine frayed too much to keep riding. Its funny, all that high speed shit and no problems, then the riding is cut short from two less than 15 mph get offs...go figure .

I was really cool to put faces to screen names for a change. Riceless is the MAN, can't belive you hit John bull on that bike, as bad as I'd have wanted to I would not have been able to follow you though there, need to work on my skillz before I can try out that trail, maybe next time.

I hope there was enough wood at Mikes camp for the Sat fires, once I had it in my head that I was leaving.....I pretty much just left and took the other wood in my bed home for another trip.
squids leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #467
Moraflex
Banned

Oddometer: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by squids leap
I was really cool to put faces to screen names for a change. Riceless is the MAN, can't belive you hit John bull on that bike, as bad as I'd have wanted to I would not have been able to follow you though there, need to work on my skillz before I can try out that trail, maybe next time.

Riceless did the bull on a beast. Holy Shiatza!!!! That man has testicular mass
I tried that on my XR and promptly turned around with my tail between my legs. Thats one F!@#&* up trail to ride. My hats off to Riceless.
Moraflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #468
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moraflex
Riceless did the bull on a beast. Holy Shiatza!!!! That man has testicular mass
I tried that on my XR and promptly turned around with my tail between my legs. Thats one F!@#&* up trail to ride. My hats off to Riceless.
That's how he lures in his victims. You think...how bad can it be...he's on a 950A. I'll go with Riceless again, he's a great tour guide, and we always take breaks near some pretty flowers so he can take pics.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #469
espi
scheming adventurer

Oddometer: 517
Laugh Just got back...

Hey Guys,

Just got back today from the trip- stayed in Arrowhead for another night.
Just want to second the sentiments of everyone!!! Awesome group of people!! Great ride, wonderful to meet new riders!
Can't wait to do it again.
I will do a trip report soon with photos.
Thanks to Mr. Mike for watching our 6, John for the campsite & Food organization. Shleepy for the shots & video to come. K6OST for organizing the ride. Hope everyone had a great time.
Chaparel has the KTM 990 ADV for $10,899 for an 07!! YEAHH!
Brent, great to see you & your abilities on your 950. Bob, thanks for the photos. Don & Rich, hope you made it back OK- & great to see ya.

T- Glad I could hydrate you & the rest of the guys!
Joel, I wish you to heal quick & no more kickstarts for you...
Later,

Pablo
espi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #470
shleppy
Shlepdawg on da smoov tip

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by espi

Joel, I wish you to heal quick & no more kickstarts for you...
Later,

Pablo
What happened to Joel? I didn't know he was injured

2006 F650GS (sold)
2007 DRZ 400s
2009 F650GS
shleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #471
espi
scheming adventurer

Oddometer: 517
Joel

Hey injured himself like 2 weeks ago kick starting his xr400 & his ktm kickstand bit him on the shin.
espi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #472
sito
Where the Hell am I?

Oddometer: 1,523
Just a sore knee from kick starting his xr 400 on past 20 rides. That's why he road up on the 640. That's what happens when to do to many 100 mile plus rides every weekend. That dude is always on a ride. I wish I could do 1/4 of the rides that Joel get's to do.

We need to start a Joel electric kick start fund for the 400.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #473
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,833
I can continue to pretend and limp every ride as long you guys surprise me this Christmas!

Just a little hint!

http://www.joeracerproducts.com/inde...=electricstart

http://www.xrstuff.co.uk/index.htm

NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #474
starchaser
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
This was my first overnight trip with inmates.

Great riding with great people. Campfires under a clear sky and Doghouse and I got one quick campfire song in!) 1,4,5, key of D everyone!!!

Thanks to so many, I would never get everyone in. Steve for putting this together, John for organizing the taco fest (total count 11!) and for feeding myself and others too.

Matt and Jeff for setting up my tent so I had time to gear up for Fridays ride.

Mike for riding sweep, Jeff for leading one very large group, Espi for the gadgets, especially the water filter and everyone else for the fine dust!

Lets Ride!

t
starchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #475
riceless950
Let's Ride!

Oddometer: 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by squids leap
Riceless is the MAN, can't belive you hit John bull on that bike
I don't know how this rumor got started, but I don't even know where John Bull Tr is. Somebody wanna show me?
riceless950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:55 PM   #476
WzlTech
The fool on the hill

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceless950
I don't know how this rumor got started, but I don't even know where John Bull Tr is. Somebody wanna show me?
It's not the one you were on, but it looks like it's right up your alley...might be good warm up ride for when you head up to Tahoe area to do Rubicon.

Oh, it's just a little north from Holcomb Valley Campground. FS road 3N10...not too far from your Gold Mountain run.

WzlTech screwed with this post 05-19-2008 at 10:02 PM
WzlTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #477
K6OST OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
My Friday report

I want to thank everyone for coming up. I started organizing this event because I didn't have anyone to ride with. I was thinking for awhile that I'd end up in Big Bear by myself for the weekend. I'm glad it was a good turn-out.

Everyone was great and although there were many in the gang that were old friends it was good to see new friendships being made too. As Gordon, the photographer, said, "not a bad one in the bunch"

Like I said in an earlier post I've had a couple people tell me they'd be interested in doing that area twice a year. I was thinking that maybe the third week of October. I haven't even looked at the calendar for conflicting riding events during the timeframe but if you might be interested in me putting it together PM me and let me know.

Here's the first of my reports for the weekend, this is the Friday ride up to Big Bear
http://www.dirtytires.com/forums/showthread.php?p=377#post377

I'll continue with the much, much, much longer Saturday report as soon as possible.

Steve K6OST
www.dirtytires.com/forums
motorcycle,quad,4x4,mtb forums
'07 V-Strom 650 ABS
K6OST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #478
squids leap
Wanabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Rumor was my fault, your pics looked like those that I've seen from Jeep vids on youtube, so yeah, I'm a dirty rumor starter. Either way, what ever trail you were on in those pics was pretty bad. I'd like to know which trail that was might have to give it a try when I get a skid plate.

I"m just glad I didn't become a riceless 950 victim......really had no idea what I was getting into trying to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceless950
squids leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #479
Moraflex
Banned

Oddometer: 1,342
OK Got my ride report done.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343649
Moraflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #480
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,862
woo hoo!

Hi gang! I too had a great time, with the exception of rolling into camp late due to losing Don (his gear fell off his bike a ways back and eventually got a rear flat). But it's all good....we just started the adventure a little sooner than later. I believe this is the 2nd trip I've saved Don by carrying a spare rear tube!...not to mention replacing his DR350 broken clutch cable with my DR650 spare. Thanks to Mole and the team for rigging it to fit his bike! Wonderful job guys! Thanks to Pablo for the water purification at the creek...boy was the weather HOT! Thanks to Joel for allowing me a place to pitch my tent...thanks to John for setting up the tacos!...those were delicious! Thanks to Steve for putting this together and a BIG thanks to Luis (Sito) for helping out retrieve Don's bike and repairing his rear flat. Hey Pablo...I saw you bounce off the mountain biker when we got to the top of Clarke's grade...that was too funny! The road is a slight up hill which curves to the right...there's a mtn biker stopped on the left looking behind him up the hill...out of nowhere comes this mtn biker around the corner at the same time Pablo (espi) is and they kind of bounce off each other...the mountain biker looks stunned for a second and Pablo looks the guy up and down, and takes off! It was hilarious! Joel and I attempted to take Cleghorn Rd to the 15 but somehow got on the wrong trail (2n39) and ended up taking 30 miles of dirt & rocks down to the backside of San Bernardino....it was sooooooo f-ing hot I felt like passing out. We stopped into Burger King for lunch and to cool down with their air conditioning.

Thanks a million guys for the genuine camaraderie...you guys rock!

I'm going to be putting a Kennedy Meadows trip together for either July or August...need to take a poll. I'll post the link to the thread in a few minutes. Take care guys and see you all next time! Keep the rubber side down!

-Rich
My YouTube
Save $5 when you sign-up with SmugMug: COUPON
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote