User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2015, 10:11 PM   #1
fullmetalscooter OP
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 3,061
Major hoard going up for auction

Major hoard going up for auction with 1000 plus different type of engines . Motorcycle , hit and miss etc. http://www.jwoodandcompany.com/ You name it and its there . 1905 onwards . Gas tanks , forks , frames , parts etc it's in St lous may 7 and 8th. Also tons of bikes starting in 1905 and going up to around 1970 something . The guy was a truimp dealer whom bought all the stuff and never sold much of it from what I understand.
Basicly this auction company hasn't put up video and hasn't even put up a full list of what is going under the hammer . With 5 building it would take at least a month of work to understand all of what is there .

some of the engines
Early single 1200

Excelsior single 1627

H-D single 1734A

Reading Standard 22623

H-D trans 246

Indian single WM275

28J456

29JD7707

H-D twin L8128M

FDA149

Shaw J1153

37W32

42WLA

Several Indian 249 Scouts

Indian Arrow

Excelsior 4392

Box of Cleveland 4 parts

29JD3354

Zedel 6427

29JD10607

H-D single 8958B

Reading Standard 52270
Old 04-23-2015, 05:32 AM   #2
Spaggy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 956
Wow, that's quite a list.
Spaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:23 AM   #3
The Ice Man
Can't Thaw Out

Oddometer: 22
What I find amusing is how this sort of stuff is usually described as "rare" whenever the subject comes up on any motorcycle forum or auction site - when tons and tons of "rare" old bikes and bits are obviously still out there and have merely been stashed or moved from one packrat to another, decade after decade. This particular heap is destined to be stockpiled by one more group of hoarders and locked away until it is offered in yet another big auction of "rare" old parts.

Much like this one will someday:

http://www.chopcult.com/news/article...a-florida.html

The Ice Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
shupe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ice Man View Post
What I find amusing is how this sort of stuff is usually described as "rare" whenever the subject comes up on any motorcycle forum or auction site - when tons and tons of "rare" old bikes and bits are obviously still out there and have merely been stashed or moved from one packrat to another, decade after decade. This particular heap is destined to be stockpiled by one more group of hoarders and locked away until it is offered in yet another big auction of "rare" old parts.

Much like this one will someday:

http://www.chopcult.com/news/article...a-florida.html
Barner showed me his collection once. It blew me away. I'd heard he had some bikes but I wasn't prepared for what I saw. I left drooling.

"Experience has shown that it is preferable to use a comparatively large
motor running at a moderate speed in preference to a smaller motor running
at high speed."
-Harley-Davidson sales brochure - 1905

shupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
fullmetalscooter OP
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 3,061
I guys for some guys whom are trying to get eg pistons for 1916 indain powerplus Rare and hard to find are words you might use. It's the pack rats whom have it and only when they died or are rearlly old does it come up for sale after 40 to 70 years. From what I can see they ve only bother to list about 1/8 th of what is there. It looks to be far more then even gets sold in La vegas every Jan 8=11. I agree unless some of it goes to cannonball runners most will never see the light of day . Nor will it get used very often .