User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
Crashresq OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Tulsa, OK to Bardstown, KY - OFT 2009

Howdy all... long time lurker. I love the ride ride reports and since I just finished a 2114 mile trip, I thought I'd share a little of my ride. I was invited by a co-worker to participate in the 11th annual OFT (Old Farts Tour). At first I was thinking "I'm not an "Old Fart" so I've got no business on this trip"... another co-worker who went last year (and is the same age as me) said it was a blast and I needed to go... I went. My ride for this trip is a new to me, I've had it about three months, '02 BMW R1150RT and I have to say that this machine is PHREAKIN' AWESOME!!!.

I left Okmulgee, OK at 6am on 5/16 to meet the rest of the Tulsa area bunch at Quik Trip on Highway 412 and 166th E. Ave. The weather wasn't great.

6 of us left Tulsa at 7:30am and headed East. We had one other "west side" member to pick up in Sonora, AR. Here we are heading into the rain.

After we picked up our 7th rider, we continued East. The weather did get progressively better. We stopped at Mammoth Spring, AR for a break. The spring generates 344 cubic feet of water per second and is the headwater for the Spring River. Since the actual opening of the spring is 70' below the surface, you can't actually see the water coming out. The water is also a constant 58 degrees year round.

We blazed on to Paducah, KY on the 16th and crashed at a Drury Inn.

5/17 started out just a bit on the chilly side but we were on the road to our lunch destination and meeting with the rest of the group (there were 23 total). Lunch destination, Owensboro, KY. Here we are at a gas and stretch break... interesting mix of bikes so far... 5 Harleys, a BMW and a V-Star.

gotta work on some more pics..... TBC...

Bill & Laura
Okmulgee, OK

'02 Piedmont Red BMW R1150RT
'02 Illusion Red GL1800
'88 White 50cc Honda Elite

Crashresq screwed with this post 05-25-2009 at 04:08 PM
Crashresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
zadok
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 987
Some heavy metal there!

http://www.triumphrat.net/memberalbu...4275.html?sl=z
zadok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,002
Lunch destination in OWB. Moonlite BBQ?
bk brkr baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
Crashresq OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker
Lunch destination in OWB. Moonlite BBQ?
Ding, Ding, Ding... we have a winner... apparently you've been there . That place is Some Good.

Marty, in reference to the heavy metal... yeah, a lot of it when the whole group met up in Owensboro... I'm so glad I wear ear plugs

Bill & Laura
Okmulgee, OK

'02 Piedmont Red BMW R1150RT
'02 Illusion Red GL1800
'88 White 50cc Honda Elite
Crashresq is offline   Reply With Quote