Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2011, 02:07 AM   #256
biggles0449
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Thanks for the quick reply 'Berg, thats exactly the kit i had in my mind.. have always had a soft spot the Husabergs, especially since the remodel / updated engine design. It would be nice to see what the guys let loose on the market later this year, as, with a solid showing in the longer races, I could be swayed to the blue side..

I'm presently running a Meca-KTM 450, built by Patsy Quick.. a corking bike, but it'll need retiring from race duty next year, in favour of a newer model, and [hopefully] my planned assault on the Dakar.
Oooh yeah, just picked up an ex Honda Europe CRF450X bike for a tidy deal too.. so i guess i have options on training bikes, at least!]

Main concern for me at this stage would be EFI, as most people I know who have previously raced, or are in for this year's Dakar, are veering strongly away from any risk of poor fuel / EFI issues, in favour of carbs.. you have any thoughts on this? My experience of engines with "brains" has never been good and tread very carefully around "cutting edge" technology...

Yes I am a country boy.. but, I am willing to be educated!
biggles0449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #257
biggles0449
Gnarly Adventurer

Just had a look at the 70 Degree site, does anyone know if these will fit a 450 EXC? Im currently running an aluminium 5l Meca rear tank.. but have seen them pick up stones and puncture from the rear tyre, under compression / big hits.. would be nice to have an option that is nicely tucked away like this one.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:25 AM   #258
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by topo View Post
Safariberg,

Why are you changing the tower and faring from the setup you used in 2011? weight? Simplicity?.
I think you are talking about 2 different thngs here

the 2011 Huasbergs were built and run by Thomas as a Swedish team for Dakar 2011, he is also preparing the new kit for Dakar 2012, so these questions best aimed at him.

Quote:

Any pics of the new 15ltr rear tanks available yet?

The 15L Safari rear tank is being built as a special order for our team by RV Aqualine - Safari tanks, these are made here in Australia, and we are an Australian team heading to Dakar 2012 as well.

Our bikes will resemble the one used in 2010 Dakar but wih a low rally style header and muffler and the different fairing

Old 08-21-2011, 02:42 AM   #259
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles0449 View Post
Just had a look at the 70 Degree site, does anyone know if these will fit a 450 EXC? Im currently running an aluminium 5l Meca rear tank.. but have seen them pick up stones and puncture from the rear tyre, under compression / big hits.. would be nice to have an option that is nicely tucked away like this one.
no it is specific to the current generation Husabergs only
Old 08-21-2011, 03:45 AM   #260
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg View Post
I think you are talking about 2 different thngs here

the 2011 Huasbergs were built and run by Thomas as a Swedish team for Dakar 2011, he is also preparing the new kit for Dakar 2012, so these questions best aimed at him.
Hiya SB. I think topo is asking why you haven't used the same set-up as you used on your bike in Dakar, with the Meca nav tower and modified fairing, but he got the year wrong as it was the 2010 edition you were in the Dakar. I know that topo's project started with a Meca nav tower and fairing basis but he has made a custom nav tower now to change it a bit. I'd say he's after your motivation to change from what seemed to work okay on your Dakar bike.
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:04 AM   #261
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berglund View Post
The production of a new tankkit is slowly progressing. Everything except the tanks are ready!
The fairing is similar to KTM 450RR with 2 vertical lights, not as it was supposed earleyer with standard Husaberg light. The production of the mouldingtools are now progressing in the north of Sweden. Hopefully i have the first set of tanks to test in 4 weeks. The bike will be tested with a 70 degre subframe tankl as a substitue in 2 weeks to sort out the new fuelpump. The 3 first bikes i build will have all attachement(?) welded on the frame. Not like the public version that will have alloy brackets. The frame is painted black (The new yellow is not a favorite coulour)

Pictures will be realised when its fully ready on a new website.........Sorry No build thread.........

Thomas
This is going to be a winner!

GO SWEDEN!!!!!!!

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #262
VDG
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,310
Nice looking bike......... Dakar 2011

VDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #263
Berglund
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
But.....not close to the bike on the left........This year we have more time and the result should be much better and
little more tested .
Day 5 when i crasched this year and broke the colorbone i had serveral problems on the bike that effected and probably made me crasch. Handlebar came loose, Rightside cooler sprayed water in to my face and made me add some gatorade from a moto-policemen in the middle of nowhere, Bark buster came loose and hit me on the leg constantly. Couldn´t stop though i had a rival close to me and the dust wasent an option.

The new bike have alot more parts from the KTM 450rr and the old 690. (Expensive... :-( )

I hope KTM dont get pissed aboat the resemblence of there 450 ???

[/QUOTE]
Berglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #264
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo1 View Post
Hiya SB. I think topo is asking why you haven't used the same set-up as you used on your bike in Dakar, with the Meca nav tower and modified fairing, but he got the year wrong as it was the 2010 edition you were in the Dakar. I know that topo's project started with a Meca nav tower and fairing basis but he has made a custom nav tower now to change it a bit. I'd say he's after your motivation to change from what seemed to work okay on your Dakar bike.

Um yeah, thats what i was thinking

GO BRO GO.......
topo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #265
biggles0449
Gnarly Adventurer

Berglund, top effort on your build last year, even with the issues, it looks like a really nice kit. Hope all goes as planned for this year, I would definitely like to see the finished product!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:34 AM   #266
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Quote:
Um yeah, thats what i was thinking
oh

doh !

ok
  1. weight
  2. bulk
  3. cost
  4. style
in that order

the new setup is lighter, simpler, 1 piece vs 3, smaller, not as tall, certainly a lot cheaper and bit more aero than the tall slab fronted Meca fairing. Also it fits well with the Raid Designs nav tower bracket system we are using for Safari.

We will be using the small light LED light system the GHR boys used on their 2011 Dakar bikes

http://www.getonitsports.com.au/Husa...it-_p_515.html
Old 08-22-2011, 04:14 AM   #267
Sylvia
vir sapit qui pauca loqui

Oddometer: 3,276

Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:50 AM   #268
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Nice piece of art there Sylvia
Old 08-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #269
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Dakar 2012 update

We are very pleased to annouce that our DakarBerg team will be a combined Australian - Swedish Husaberg effort

Ronnie Bodinger will be riding his 2011 Dakar FE450 again with mechanic support from Carl Hagenblad.

With 3 riders, 5 assistance crew & 2 service cars we will share logistics, spares & planning to make 2012 the largest Husaberg Dakar presence ever

And history with the first Husaberg to finish the Dakar rally
Old 08-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #270
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,076

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote