ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #76
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict
 
SafariBerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Oddometer: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsra
im looking into the best oil to use in my 650fe, local shop recommends bellray, as they say its the best they have used, can you verify the quote 'by far the best', in regards to the motul 300v. why do you think its the best to use?
i know where i am , the motul is $30 per litre, but the bellray is $15. but the extra 15 bucks is nothing if i get a few thousand more clicks out of the engine.

thanks.

Paul
www.useddirtbikes.com.au
Paul, thats easy the Motul 300V is a full double ester oil that has zero % shear loss, ie no loss of lubrication at full operating temps & speed over time. The Bellray is a single ester oil ie older generation technology. The Motul was specially developed for 4 stroke bikes for Rallye racing ie high stress - high temps, and the car version was developed for NASCAR's.

I was put onto it by 2 Dutch and Swedish Husaberg rallye & supermoto race teams that have used it for 4 years with NO blown motors. I have used it now and would not use anything else. My '07 rallye race bike has done ~7,000 km and we are currently getting it ready for another 4,500 km in this years Safari rallye, pulled it down to check and it was like brand new inside.

Get a litre and have a look at it, its not like any other oil you will see. Yes an extra $15 is very cheap insurance per litre IMO.
__________________
2013 Husaberg FE501
2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Z1 1100T Rallye
SafariBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:30 AM   #77
paulsra
n00b
 
Joined: May 2008
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg
Paul, thats easy the Motul 300V is a full double ester oil that has zero % shear loss, ie no loss of lubrication at full operating temps & speed over time. The Bellray is a single ester oil ie older generation technology. The Motul was specially developed for 4 stroke bikes for Rallye racing ie high stress - high temps, and the car version was developed for NASCAR's.

I was put onto it by 2 Dutch and Swedish Husaberg rallye & supermoto race teams that have used it for 4 years with NO blown motors. I have used it now and would not use anything else. My '07 rallye race bike has done ~7,000 km and we are currently getting it ready for another 4,500 km in this years Safari rallye, pulled it down to check and it was like brand new inside.

Get a litre and have a look at it, its not like any other oil you will see. Yes an extra $15 is very cheap insurance per litre IMO.

Thanks SafariBerg, thats exactly what i wanted to know, i grabbed myself some this morning (oil, that is!!).

Thanks again

---------------------------------------------------

www.useddirtbikes.com.au
paulsra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #78
gladiator
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Oddometer: 62
Question

Anymore news on that 23l main tank for the 'bergs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsh
Yey good stuff mate! Let me know more details as they come - I plan to do some NZ south island rides and some of them are 200km plus off road - I dont want to strap on extra tanks - so am very keen!
Cheers
James
gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #79
vbenedic
Rider
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Brazil
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator
Anymore news on that 23l main tank for the 'bergs?
You can get 22 liters of fuel combining Boss 15lts Tank, 2l underseat tank and 5l side panel tank. I used this configurantion last year at Rally dos Sertoes and it did good.
__________________
Vicente De Benedictis Neto

www.vbracing.com.br
vbenedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #80
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict
 
SafariBerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Oddometer: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator
Anymore news on that 23l main tank for the 'bergs?
no its not going to happen now.

The focus is on the new '09 bike and how to get long range tanks for it.

As vbenedic says with the Clark at 17L, the underseat at 3L and either the Bergs side tank or a bum tank at 5.5L, you can get about 25L on board ok.



thats what the set up is
__________________
2013 Husaberg FE501
2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Z1 1100T Rallye
SafariBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #81
vbenedic
Rider
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Brazil
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg
no its not going to happen now.

The focus is on the new '09 bike and how to get long range tanks for it.

As vbenedic says with the Clark at 17L, the underseat at 3L and either the Bergs side tank or a bum tank at 5.5L, you can get about 25L on board ok.



thats what the set up is

My Husaberg with side panel tank
Attached Images
 
__________________
Vicente De Benedictis Neto

www.vbracing.com.br
vbenedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 AM   #82
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict
 
SafariBerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Oddometer: 2,955
2008 Australian Safari rallye

A 4 rider team competed in the 2008 Australian Safari rallye under the banner of Husaberg Rallye Racing.

The team went well with final results of:

#11 Dean Nuttall 10th outright and 2nd M2.3 class
#55 Thomas Jacobson 11th outright and 3rd M3.3 class
#29 Garry Connell 20th outright
#17 Garry Whittle DNF due to injury but running in top 15 prior to accident

All 4 bikes were essentially the same '07 or '08 FE650's.

















The HUSABERG GIRLS !!
















































































The team would like to thank for their fantastic support

__________________
2013 Husaberg FE501
2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Z1 1100T Rallye

SafariBerg screwed with this post 09-03-2008 at 08:18 AM
SafariBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #83
atgreg
Africatwinarama
 
atgreg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 10,013
Does a brolly dolly come with each bike ??? I'll ditch the AT and buy a berg if they do
__________________
1990 RD04 Africa twin 750
350,000km and still going strong
atgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #84
guymcfly
Banned
 
guymcfly's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Oddometer: 953
Garry, out of interest, does the rallye package by Rally Management Services (actually made for the KTM exc's) fit the 'Bergs? Seem to remember seeing a pic of a Berg with all the fairing etc that looked very similar.

Just wondering because of the connection between many of the parts for each bike.
guymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #85
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict
 
SafariBerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Oddometer: 2,955
Bjorn Nygren @ Pharaohs Rallye 2008

Bjorn Nygren ran his Berg FE650 at this years Pharaohs Rallye 2008 finishing 58th out of 99 starters





__________________
2013 Husaberg FE501
2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Z1 1100T Rallye
SafariBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #86
canadaler
Gnarly Adventurer
 
canadaler's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Southern Ontario
Oddometer: 339
Great pics! Quite the "wang" in that front rim of one of the bikes

I'm trying to decide whether to fabricate a frame mount for my navigation gear, or just mount them to the forks...which has got to be a lot simpler and easier. These pictures are making me think the fork mount might just be the way to go.

I'll also have to find out where to score some "Rally Radio" stickers!
__________________
'10 Gas Gas EC300
'08 Husaberg FE550
'09 Husqvarna TXC250
'84 Honda VT500FT Ascot
Tuareg Rally 2009
canadaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #87
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict
 
SafariBerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Oddometer: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaler
Great pics! Quite the "wang" in that front rim of one of the bikes !
hmmm Thomas can be a little rough with his toys !!! but he is FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaler
I'm trying to decide whether to fabricate a frame mount for my navigation gear, or just mount them to the forks...which has got to be a lot simpler and easier. These pictures are making me think the fork mount might just be the way to go. !
The KTM roadbook frame works well, its an easy bolt on, light & simple, just need a couple of spacers for the Berg headlight. Send me your email address and I willl send some photos etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaler

I'll also have to find out where to score some "Rally Radio" stickers!
PM Packmule
__________________
2013 Husaberg FE501
2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat Z1 1100T Rallye
SafariBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #88
mitirino
Adventurer
 
mitirino's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule
Is there a site like this one but with the rules and navigation requirements for Baja. These guys have a very interesting training page for Dakar and I want to compare the two.
mitirino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #89
twotyred
Practising Recedivist
 
twotyred's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Bruthen Victoria
Oddometer: 1,986
I like the led cap light that rider (bike 11) has on the peak of his helmet. I have seen these in several stores around town. I just might add one to my helmet -looks like a really good idea.
__________________
If you succeed at first...don't look surprised!!

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #90
Cummo
Studly Adventurer
 
Cummo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Closed.
Oddometer: 569
FYI....had heard at the UAE Desert Challenge from KTM that there is a possibility that the rally department will develop a full rally kit for the 570 Husaberg.

Just a rumour, but where there is smoke...
Cummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014