User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #241
richmo1
Just a rider

Oddometer: 131
Totally worth it

I got my shock back from Rick's on Tuesday. Went out yesterday for a shakedown ride. It is like riding a totally different bike. I had already installed a 7.5 kg/mm rate spring months ago and although the ride height was better (I am about 210lbs) the dampening was pretty much shot. With the Cogent shock the back end is much more planted in the dirt. I am able to ride quite a bit faster over the same rough terrain than I was with the stock shock.

For me this was totally worth the $$$.
richmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #242
slackline
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71tr
Okay guys, its time to get your shocks into Rick for rebuild and group buy discount on the hard coating. Mine is going out this week and the only hold up is sufficient numbers to garner the discounted hard coating. Lets get off the wallets and get our bikes ready for spring riding....it hit 60F here in Chicago yesterday!

How many more do you need for the build. My only problem is I'm overseas in a sandbox currently, so if someone were willing to go to my house and pull my shock so I could participate I'd totally go in on the deal with you. I'm in North Las Vegas, any takers?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:00 AM   #243
HiJincs
Wanna' B Hooligan

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackline
How many more do you need for the build. My only problem is I'm overseas in a sandbox currently, so if someone were willing to go to my house and pull my shock so I could participate I'd totally go in on the deal with you. I'm in North Las Vegas, any takers?
You in the sandbox active military or private contractor? My stepson just returned from Afganistan. GA National Guard!

I just pulled my 5000 mile OEM shock to install a Cogent. If you can't find any takers for pulling yours, I could send mine to Rick for you if you can send me yours when you return.

PM me.

HiJincs screwed with this post 03-22-2010 at 09:42 AM
HiJincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #244
(none)
poser

Oddometer: 2,579
Quote:
Okay guys, its time to get your shocks into Rick for rebuild and group buy discount on the hard coating. Mine is going out this week and the only hold up is sufficient numbers to garner the discounted hard coating. Lets get off the wallets and get our bikes ready for spring riding....it hit 60F here in Chicago yesterday!
How many more ppl do you need? What is the group rate? I'd probably be down for it.
LC80
JK Rubi
(none) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:45 AM   #245
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 931
Finally doing some serious thinking about suspension (my first Mexico trip coming up will do that...) and was pointed to this thread. Cogent has been in the back of my mind for a year or so after hearing some glowing reports from others. I'm really impressed with the direct feedback from you Rick on this thread, despite your workload :).

My problem is that my DR is my commuter, and we only have one car in the family that the wife uses. I've been through most pages on this thread but I haven't seen this addressed... are there any options for those of us who can't park the DR for a week or two (or three?)? ie: Rick, do you have any shock bodies laying around that you set up for customers, and maybe credit them back for their shock body after they install the new Cogent reworked one? (Assuming of course that the customer provided one is in good working order...)

If that's not possible, are there options for making the stock setup "work" in order to survive my Mexico trip that doesn't result in significant wasted $$ when the time comes to do the Cogent rework? ie: maybe just installing Eibach springs and living with the underdamped aspects?

Thanks dudes,
J
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #246
HiJincs
Wanna' B Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_Fodder
Finally doing some serious thinking about suspension (my first Mexico trip coming up will do that...) and was pointed to this thread. Cogent has been in the back of my mind for a year or so after hearing some glowing reports from others. I'm really impressed with the direct feedback from you Rick on this thread, despite your workload :).

My problem is that my DR is my commuter, and we only have one car in the family that the wife uses. I've been through most pages on this thread but I haven't seen this addressed... are there any options for those of us who can't park the DR for a week or two (or three?)? ie: Rick, do you have any shock bodies laying around that you set up for customers, and maybe credit them back for their shock body after they install the new Cogent reworked one? (Assuming of course that the customer provided one is in good working order...)

If that's not possible, are there options for making the stock setup "work" in order to survive my Mexico trip that doesn't result in significant wasted $$ when the time comes to do the Cogent rework? ie: maybe just installing Eibach springs and living with the underdamped aspects?

Thanks dudes,
J

I found a used OEM shock online and bought it for under 100 and sent that to Rick so I wouldn't have any down time. I figure I can sell the one I take off to recoup. Right now I've offered it to Slackline since he want's in but is playing in the sand. YTBD if he takes me up on it.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #247
71tr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
Not sure just how many shocks Rick needs for the group discount on the hard coating. Drop Rick a PM and he'll get back to you with details. My shock is all boxed and will ship to Rick this week. I'm in no rush figuring to work on the bike while its now in pieces and I wait for the Cogent mods.
71tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:53 PM   #248
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 931
Thanks guys. If I'd been thinking, I would have sent it to him back in February since I've been on work travel almost the entire time since then
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #249
NC Rick
Cogent Dynamics Inc

Oddometer: 598
Hi Guys,

I have enough shocks to do a run already, I just need to wait till some of the others get here and we can pull the trigger. I will wait until late next week before taking them apart.

Anyone who can get their shock to me by the end of next week .

That work?

I do have a shock available on exchange at $100 over the normal price, while it lasts.

Shock re-engineering: $399. Group hard coat ALO3 Ceramic: $45. Group Eibach rear spring $85.

We also have a more basic revalve available that does NOT include the new rebound adjuster and shaft parts as above. We replace the shock piston and valving for $249 installed. At that price you can choose between the Cogent or RaceTech Gold valve.

As always, DIY kits are available. The group deal is for the Ceramic coating only so other work is not dependent on the group build.

We can also offer a group deal on fork parts (Emulators/ Ebach fork springs / 2 Qt. fork oil) @ $ 259.

NC Rick screwed with this post 03-24-2010 at 06:48 AM
NC Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #250
71tr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
Cool2 the new toy

Just received my rebuilt shock from Rick and needless to say its like xmas morning here. Can't wait for the weekend to install this baby and give her a try. After discussions with Rick I decided to have him install a new Eibach 7.6kg spring as I am planning a central/south america ride fully loaded later this year. Rick and Joyce were a pleasure to deal with, can't emphasize that enough. Notice that Rick even noted the new torque settings on the lower fork.

71tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #251
slackline
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Talking

Man, that's pretty. Can't wait to ride on that! Got to get home from this crappy deployment first!

Thanks again Dos Equis!

Quote:
Just received my rebuilt shock from Rick and needless to say its like xmas morning here. Can't wait for the weekend to install this baby and give her a try. After discussions with Rick I decided to have him install a new Eibach 7.6kg spring as I am planning a central/south america ride fully loaded later this year. Rick and Joyce were a pleasure to deal with, can't emphasize that enough. Notice that Rick even noted the new torque settings on the lower fork.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:18 AM   #252
HiJincs
Wanna' B Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackline
Man, that's pretty. Can't wait to ride on that! Got to get home from this crappy deployment first!

Thanks again Dos Equis!
Gotta' support the troops!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:44 AM   #253
KSH
LurKer

Oddometer: 143
Thumb Christmas in July

Rick sent my DR a care package last week.

Thanks again Rick and Joyce, it was worth every penny.

2012 Super T #27
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #254
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,858
Question Cogent Dynamics Shock Rebuild

Hi gang , I'm sending my shock to Rick @ Cogent this week for a rebuild and want to know if any other DR650 owners want in to help reduce the cost of the ceramic anti-heat coating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rick
Hi Guys,

I have enough shocks to do a run already, I just need to wait till some of the others get here and we can pull the trigger. I will wait until late next week before taking them apart.

Anyone who can get their shock to me by the end of next week .

That work?

I do have a shock available on exchange at $100 over the normal price, while it lasts.

Shock re-engineering: $399. Group hard coat ALO3 Ceramic: $45. Group Eibach rear spring $85.

We also have a more basic revalve available that does NOT include the new rebound adjuster and shaft parts as above. We replace the shock piston and valving for $249 installed. At that price you can choose between the Cogent or RaceTech Gold valve.

As always, DIY kits are available. The group deal is for the Ceramic coating only so other work is not dependent on the group build.

We can also offer a group deal on fork parts (Emulators/ Ebach fork springs / 2 Qt. fork oil) @ $ 259.
My YouTube
Save $5 when you sign-up with SmugMug: COUPON
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #255
Fabone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Jeep
Hi gang , I'm sending my shock to Rick @ Cogent this week for a rebuild and want to know if any other DR650 owners want in to help reduce the cost of the ceramic anti-heat coating?
I think he needs at least 10 people. Find out how many he needs for a group discount. I'm considering another one myself. Maybe get Rick to chime in.
Fabone is offline   Reply With Quote