Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
Firefight911 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 997
Question G650X Challenge side stand??????

I am going to be removing my sidestand to run an enduro race and need to deal with the sidestand cut out switch.

This switch is a three wire switch with brown, red, and white wires coming from the connection.

Which wires need to be connected to fool the bike in to thinking the side stand is up all the time or can I just disconnect it at the connection up next to the shock and not worry?

Also, it appears that all I need to do is remove the nut and back out the bolt to remove the sidestand and switch assembly. Yes???? No????

TIA!

Hopefully, I'll have a ride tale of this "event" next week. The plan is to show up with a stock bike and get it ready and run it. Just a little fun project I am partaking in to see how simple it is to go from street to track with the G650. We'll see if I can pull it off.

Oh, and I plan on finishing the race. I don't care if I am dead last!!! I am doing it for fun only! Of course, I say that now!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

Oddometer: 3,228
Remove the centre bolt, and the switch will come loose. But if you are removing the sidestand, you might as well remove the sidestand lug while you are at it. This is done by unbolting the the footpeg hanger. You are going to need two spacers to fill the space left by the sidestand lug.

You have to connect the red and the white wire to bridge the switch.
Max Kool is offline   Reply With Quote