Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #16
mo' tarded
Turnip Truck Driver

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit
The tranny is already dampened.
This has been debated for some time. I have seen some attest to this as fact, I have seen some dispute it hotly. I don't profess to know the answer, but no one I know of has been able to come up with part numbers for this device.

Over on the "informationless full of typed words" KTMtalk, this has been discussed numerous times with parts diagrams and parts lists.

Maybe someone on this site can prove the point.

AFA KTMtalk it is FULL of knowledge. The search feature is your friend. But you have to set the search criteria correctly each time you use it.

SMC ... of course
mo' tarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #17
Tifosi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
I think the consensus is that no you don't have to have it but it won't hurt you if you do get one. Just keep an eye out for a 640a rear wheel or hub for sale and slap it on a spare wheel. you will have a second wheel and the different hubs to back to back compare. Rally pan am and a lot of the rally guys use the cush rear hub to keep some of the shock out of the drive line so it has a basis for use. I am just looking for a good deal on a wheel then I will send to woodys to get the rear drive installed and the rim freshened which also seems like the standard plan of attack.
Tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #18
Ned1
Lend Me Yu Choppa

Oddometer: 514
The clutch basket has rubber damping. Not much else to say.
Ned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:44 PM   #19
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,459
Laugh

All the work of relacing rims to hubs seem like too much time and work when you can get one for 404.00 on ktmtalk from munn and its brand new w/new rubbers etc. Or you can just ride it. It took me 30,000 hard miles on my 03 625 to crack a hub and the standard 625 wheel cost 368.00 now also the 02 640a wheel cush hub set up comes with a wider rim 2.50 as opposed to 2.15 but then again tire changes on a cush drive is longer and harder!
so......... whatever I said........just ride the thing!
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #20
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf
All the work of relacing rims to hubs seem like too much time and work when you can get one for 404.00 on ktmtalk from munn and its brand new w/new rubbers etc. Or you can just ride it. It took me 30,000 hard miles on my 03 625 to crack a hub and the standard 625 wheel cost 368.00 now also the 02 640a wheel cush hub set up comes with a wider rim 2.50 as opposed to 2.15 but then again tire changes on a cush drive is longer and harder!
so......... whatever I said........just ride the thing!
Is this including the brake disc and/or sprocket? If it's just the wheel, last time I checked, CycleZone KTM was $370-ish.

I got a used one w/ brake disc off FleaBay. Not sure it was the best idea, lot of miles on it and the brake disc was warped like a dinner plate. Me and the seller had to have a few words. The double sprocket support bearing costs $$$ too though it's less aftermarket. They're actually fairly hard to find on eBay. If you go that route, you've also got to worry about it not being true and the condition of the hub/spokes. I did ok but I've bought my share of horribly out of true wheels on eBay.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #21
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,177
Not to make things more complicated, but:

http://www.ktmcyclehutt.com/ktmstore...oto_wheels.asp

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote