User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2008, 07:45 AM   #61
bosco
Raybanned

Oddometer: 11,644
Sweet

This picture exemplifies the entire S.A. experience.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #62
LaOutbackTrail
Certified Smartass

Oddometer: 5,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco
They arent in S.A. yet....

LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #63
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman
1) If anyone has been where I've been, post your photos in your own damn report and quit steppin on mine.

2) My bike is in the jungle near San Blas. The road to Cocuye kicked my ass today. 5 good river crossings. The 6th suddenly got too deep. I'm back in Panama City for the night. It's at least 3 hours back to where the bike is stashed (in the jungle).

Pics later. I'm also going to ask the collective what I need to do to fix it. I spent 2 hours drainin the water and I got it started, which is pretty incredible.
all done pendejo. just trying to expand with some more visual images of the area so the viewers can appreciate the beauty of the area. lord, you sure are anal. you have the thread all to yourself, holmes. i'll make a note if i ever see you broken down on the side of the road to offer up a adv salute when i don't stop.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #64
Charles Seguin
Noob4Life

Oddometer: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins
all done pendejo. just trying to expand with some more visual images of the area so the viewers can appreciate the beauty of the area. lord, you sure are anal. you have the thread all to yourself, holmes. i'll make a note if i ever see you broken down on the side of the road to offer up a adv salute when i don't stop.
Looks like this thread is heating up.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #65
bongodave
Join my cult!

Oddometer: 40,023
Me siento muy celoso.
bongodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:15 AM   #66
Paddygfw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Thumb

Love reading about your adventure.

Say hello to Barb from a fan from the Great White North

Beautiful and can ride ...every mans dream woman
Paddygfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #67
LaOutbackTrail
Certified Smartass

Oddometer: 5,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins
Not taking any sides here but....

I enjoyed the pics eakins, but i kind of agree with Bman... but he doesnt have many pics up yet.... but... uhhhh...yeah...

How will you know its Bman stuck on the side of the road? What if it was Barb on his bike?
LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #68
holckster
dougholck

Oddometer: 818
Quote:
Another adventure rider was there- Wolfgang, of www.heidwolfonbiketour.de.

Excellent report, enjoying your trip.

Followed Wolfgang and Heidi thru the Whittier Tunnel in Alaska July 5, 07.
Glad to hear they are well and the bike is preforming well.

04 BMW 1150GS Adventure
08 DR650
02 BMW K1200LTe
05 Yamaha TW200
BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

holckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #69
Jamie

Oddometer: 1,219
Quote:
You will like the photos. I will post them tomorow.
Not trying to be pushy or anything cuz I'm sure you've got plenty of real life stuff to do.

But...
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #70
tcpty
Black Jack Powered!

Oddometer: 51
Panama

Hey Bananaman!!

Great to have you down here! As promised, here are the pictures of you at our shop. I'll tell my wife to start searching for a girlfriend for you!!

Have a wonderful ride tomorrow to Yaviza on your TKC 80's!!

Cheers

TC
Attached Images

The Force: 2007 1200 GSA with toys / 2007 Suzuki GSR 600 / 2006 KTM Super Duke 990
The Dark side: 2008 Cross Bones / 1998 FLSTS / 1958 Duoglide Pan

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money!!
tcpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #71
tcpty
Black Jack Powered!

Oddometer: 51
B-Man! One more pic from Bikers of Panama!

See you tomorrow 8am sharp for your tire change!

TC
Attached Images

The Force: 2007 1200 GSA with toys / 2007 Suzuki GSR 600 / 2006 KTM Super Duke 990
The Dark side: 2008 Cross Bones / 1998 FLSTS / 1958 Duoglide Pan

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money!!
tcpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:22 PM   #72
bananaman OP
transcontimental

Oddometer: 7,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpty
B-Man! One more pic from Bikers of Panama!

See you tomorrow 8am sharp for your tire change!

TC
I will totally abuse those TKC's tomorow and Friday. But about the girlfriend thing? Not really a good idea... I would end up in an awful lot of trouble!

Good news: I fixed my bike. I have it back. Barb got her bike fixed. I don't think she's going to ride to Yavisa though. My dad might follow in the landrover, and we might meet up at Father Kasubuski's near the edge of the Darien. Tomorow will be 400 kilometers to Yavisa (the tires should be broken in by 200k) and then back to Father K's. Bad news: my furnace at home in Madison failed, and the pipes froze solid. Ugh. Ushuaia will have to wait. As soon as I get back from Yavisa (unless some miracle fixes my pipes) I'm going to have to catch a plane home. I don't know yet what I'm going to do with the bike- fly it home, or leave it here to ride home later...

Torreno over at BMW Panama was awesome. He let me use the shop to fix my bike, and he wouldn't let me pay for anything (except for oil and filters). He has a book- if you're ever in Panama, stop by to read the comments.

I'm going to ask TC if he'll host an advrider sign-in, like the one on the corner of the Cassier and the Alcan.

Barb is out riding somewhere. When she gets back, I'll borrow her computer and upload a few photos. Barb thinks that a few of them are advrider-frontpage worthy. There's a sequence of me trying and trying to get up an impossible muddy hill... falling, wrecking the side cases... trying and trying to turn around... crossing the river (successfully at first) and then not-so-good crossing the Culebra...

As for arguments, this isn't jomamma. This is Ride Reports. Please read the rulz. My daughters (13 and 16), my friends, Barb's family, and Barbs friends- they're following this thread.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #73
bananaman OP
transcontimental

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco

The ADV sticker on Barb's bike almost looks photo-shopped, but it's not.

Those hammocks lined the hall in front of the rooms. I tried to get a shot of a couple of adventure riders laying in the hammocks, drinking a cold beer... but the light wasn't right. I got this one after I'd gone riding on the beach. I think Barb was out for a run and a swim.

I do think this might be the nicest ride destination I've ever found... the pacific, El Salvador, and $30/night in a room with a shower (no hot water but who needs it!) and air conditioning, and beers for a buck!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #74
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,860
Eakins et al...

The posted Ride Report rules are enforced with zero tolerance for asshat comments: This is from the RR Rulz

• If you enjoy someone else's report and would like to make some positive comments or ask questions, please do so. But don’t step on a person’s report with a 100 pic reply of the time “I was there, too!” Certainly, a response with a pic or two can build on someone’s report. But much more than that and you should be writing your own report.

Don’t disrupt a person’s report with personal attacks. If you’ve got a beef with the author, discuss it using Private Messaging, or if you must, post it in Jo Momma. We promise you’ll get an impartial reception by 40 thousand very articulate inmates there.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:07 AM   #75
bananaman OP
transcontimental

I got to Panama on Saturday night, after a 500 mile day from deep in Costa Rica. Raulito greeted me in front of my grandmother's house. I was so, so tired. And Raulito goes, "We're going to Cocuye tomorow, wanna come?" I asked if they were taking the landrover. "No. The road is good. Your dad just did it. I'm taking my car." Raulito drives a Honda Pilot. Stupid me, I go, "My bike can go anywhere a Honda Pilot can go." Pretty soon he was telling me about the rivers, but he promised they were low. "Except for one that's 50 meters wide," he goes. "How deep?" "Not too deep. How deep can your motorcycle go?"

In the morning- Sunday morning- it was my dad, Raulito, Michelle, and Paul. My dad has been down the road to Cocuye probably more than anyone. Raulito is an engineer and is designing and building a new road. We needed Michelle and Paul because of the heat and hard work- Michelle is a cardiologist and Paul is a paramedic. Saul also acted as team photographer, usually with my camera and the 200mm lens. And some people say I'm a little too careful? Seriously, if you're going to try this road, bring a physician and a paramedic, and have a helicopter on standby.

bananaman screwed with this post 01-31-2008 at 05:17 AM
bananaman is online now   Reply With Quote