Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #181
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,388
Well..it took a while, but look what just showed up!?

Some PE24 Keihins (http://www.batemanracing.com/) and manifolds for the CB175 Vert!

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #182
Cowboy OP
Ceteris non Paribus

Oddometer: 3,266
OK gang. The Cb160 that started this thread is ALMOST done. I sat down last night, cut apart the old seat cover, used it as a pattern and cut out new vinyl, sewed it up, stretched it onto the seat . . . looks great, feels even better!

I desperately want to take some pics and show off the finished product . . . there's just this little itsy bitsy problem: it's not finished yet. I still have to get the rest of the electrical system working. I have the ignition system working beautifully, the taillight is functioning. I still lack a headlight, horn and I need to hook up the wires to the generator.

I want to get it right, so I don't ruin something, but I don't have a proper wiring diagram for my early (1965) Cb160. I have two shop manuals that cover the bike mechanically, along with a bunch of other Honda twins. Neither manual has a wiring diagram for a Cb160, though. The SL125 is the only diagram in the books that' like the CB160, lacks turn signals. UNfortunately, the wire colors are all different on the generator, so it's not much help. I'm also having to generate my own pigtail for the ignition switch, as my bike did not come with one.

Can anyone scan and post a wiring diagram for an early Cb160, pretty please?

If you do, I promise photos of the finished bike soon!
Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #183
Cowboy OP
Ceteris non Paribus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy
Can anyone scan and post a wiring diagram for an early Cb160, pretty please?
. . . with sugar on top?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #184
GIJoeBob
Foolish and Inexperienced

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
. . . with sugar on top?
Does this help?
http://www.wiringdiagrams21.com/2008...ematic-diagram
GIJoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #185
Cowboy OP
Ceteris non Paribus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoeBob

Thanks for trying, GIjoebob. I'm afraid that doesn't help. That same link shows up in every Google search, but the download won't work in Firefox or IE. I'm suspicious of it anyway, since there's no reason to download a .zip file to view a single page jpg or pdf wiring diagram.

Has anyone here ever even SEEN a wiring diagram for an early 160?
Old 05-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #186
GIJoeBob

Quote:
Thanks for trying, GIjoebob. I'm afraid that doesn't help. That same link shows up in every Google search, but the download won't work in Firefox or IE. I'm suspicious of it anyway, since there's no reason to download a .zip file to view a single page jpg or pdf wiring diagram.

Has anyone here ever even SEEN a wiring diagram for an early 160?
I downloaded it to my Mac, opened it in Preview and then saved it again in pdf format. I can email it to you if you wish. Let me know.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #187
adamrallys
n00b

Oddometer: 2
CB160 Paint Question

Ok, here is my first post on this forum. Does anyone know what the exact gray paint color code is for the fenders and side covers on the CB160? I'm starting to work on mine this weekend. I have been following this thread for a while and finally decided to stop working on my other bikes and get this one cleaned and up and running. Here's a picture of it when I brought it home a couple months ago. Thanks in advance for the help.

Adam
adamrallys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #188
Minnesota Driver
Head greenskeeper

Oddometer: 91
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamrallys
Ok, here is my first post on this forum. Does anyone know what the exact gray paint color code is for the fenders and side covers on the CB160? I'm starting to work on mine this weekend. I have been following this thread for a while and finally decided to stop working on my other bikes and get this one cleaned and up and running. Here's a picture of it when I brought it home a couple months ago. Thanks in advance for the help.

Adam
Ooooooh, that's a nice one! How many miles? If it's original (and indeed as nice as the picture shows) I would be tempted to just clean it up and leave it alone.
2008 Roketa 50
Minnesota Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #189
Cowboy OP
Ceteris non Paribus

Quote:
I downloaded it to my Mac, opened it in Preview and then saved it again in pdf format. I can email it to you if you wish. Let me know.
Yes, please! Thanks! I wonder why I can't open it? Mac to the rescue, I guess!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #190
Cowboy OP
Ceteris non Paribus

Quote:
Does anyone know what the exact gray paint color code is for the fenders and side covers on the CB160? Thanks in advance for the help.

Adam
Sorry Adam, I don't know. I picked a paint color called "pewter" from a 1970s International. It looked close in the book full of paint chips. Once it's on the bike, it looks a bit too green, compared to the engine covers. It looks good anyway, but it's not an exact match:

Old 05-23-2009, 04:31 AM   #191
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,343
Quote:

Adam
Sorry, I can't help wth your question but that's a killer bike, Adam! Love the bags! Welcome to the forum.

I can see where this thead is going to end for me...CB160 shopping.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:51 AM   #192
GIJoeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown
I can see where this thead is going to end for me...CB160 shopping.
Have I got a deal for you!
Old 05-23-2009, 04:53 AM   #193
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,343
Quote:
Have I got a deal for you!
Fly and ride?

BTW, Adam, just what are those bags?

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:34 AM   #194
stroming it softly
twins forever

Oddometer: 173
Adam, I just finished a re newing on my 160, I left all the paint original as much as I could, it seems to be pretty sturdy stuff and cleans up real well. When done the bike looks like a well kept older bike with a really cool patina as opposed to the concours resto never gonna ride this one again look. If you do need to paint you can color match at most automotive paint suppliers. I think the problem with the silver on Hondas is that it is not glossy nor is it matte some oriental shade in between, the best I have seen was a guy that did a shake and shoot and then clear coated with a shake and shoot non glossy clear, his front fender was original, the rear was the repaint and if they weren't touching you couldn't really tell the difference. Nice bike you have there my 160 amigo! They are starting to get hard to find and I think in the future the ones that remain original will be the ones the collectors will be searching for-not that I would ever sell, but just saying. Cheers.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #195
Bonebag
ADDvrider

Oddometer: 5,372
Looky what I got

It's a amazing what you can pick up for a couple hundred bucks off of Craigslist...Anyway..she's a 66 and I don't know if it runs or not. The PO said it did but the last time she ran was in 82.. It needs a clutch cable..does anyone have any experience with DGY.com? They seem to have everything available for the thing and the prices are good..plus they are in IL and that's only one day ground shipping for me I'm looking forward to polishing her up..maybe painting over that purple and getting her ready for my girl to ride..it's her first bike

Bonebag is offline   Reply With Quote