Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2009, 02:02 AM   #241
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,934
I see the tanks are out of stock. Anyone heard when more will be coming in? I need one for September.

Just went to install my 2-into-1 pipe this weekend and one of the graphite O-rings stuck on the 2-into-2 pipe and could not be removed without damaging it (I tried), so my bike is down until I can get a new O-ring. I'm afraid I'll hear "none in stock" on Tuesday when the shops open, what I so typically hear at my local KTM shops. I'll likely just order a few online.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #242
xdbx
Motorcycle Connoisseur

Oddometer: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg
I see the tanks are out of stock. Anyone heard when more will be coming in? I need one for September.

Just went to install my 2-into-1 pipe this weekend and one of the graphite O-rings stuck on the 2-into-2 pipe and could not be removed without damaging it (I tried), so my bike is down until I can get a new O-ring. I'm afraid I'll hear "none in stock" on Tuesday when the shops open, what I so typically hear at my local KTM shops. I'll likely just order a few online.
they should be in stock. I had similar issues with mine and just ordered 2 spares. At the time, I was about to leave for a trip, so I heated up the 2-into-2 and spread the lips with a flathead. A tad mangled, but I was able to reuse both graphite rings. I can send you one of them in a pinch quickly, but try what I suggested.

Ned, you might wantto put an option for including these for a little bit extra, I've ran across quite a few who had this issue. Be CAREFUL handlng them. they are soft graphite but they have an extremely sharp metal springlike core whick cut me many times.
xdbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #243
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbx

they should be in stock. I had similar issues with mine and just ordered 2 spares. At the time, I was about to leave for a trip, so I heated up the 2-into-2 and spread the lips with a flathead. A tad mangled, but I was able to reuse both graphite rings. I can send you one of them in a pinch quickly, but try what I suggested.

Ned, you might wantto put an option for including these for a little bit extra, I've ran across quite a few who had this issue. Be CAREFUL handlng them. they are soft graphite but they have an extremely sharp metal springlike core whick cut me many times.
xdbx, you have a PM.

Even www.ktm-parts.com didn't have them in stock...
They would have to order from warehouse, more delay, no thanks.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #244
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Have my 2-into-1 installed and bike is running great. Now I have a big empty hole on the left side. Need the tank but I see it's still out of stock and no response when they are due in.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:10 AM   #245
Frgich
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 773
We're planning an order over the winter, hopefully in that time new batch will be made

www.lobagola.com Bed & Breakfast in Zagreb
Frgich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #246
tart
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Just spent the best part of the day installing my 2 into 1, I can't get the midpipe mount to line up, any advice?. Its an Akra exhaust.
tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #247
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 7,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by tart
Just spent the best part of the day installing my 2 into 1, I can't get the midpipe mount to line up, any advice?. Its an Akra exhaust.
I used a tire iron between the two pipes on the front of the 2 in to 1 and twisted it to get the bolt to line up.

ganshert screwed with this post 07-25-2009 at 02:39 PM
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #248
tart
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Many thanks, will try that tomorrow.
tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #249
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Hi Ned, I hear you might be back in town soon. Any news on when the ADV tanks will be available? Thanks.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #250
Axe_Edge
In the wind 7d/wk

Oddometer: 137
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg
Hi Ned, I hear you might be back in town soon. Any news on when the ADV tanks will be available? Thanks.

I need the tank so I can have an extra gallon of gas. I figure I can carry the last extra gallon to gradually pay back all of the Baja ranchers who've helped me out in a pinch

The 2-1 pipe looks great, was quick to install (with special car to the rings), and dropped a lot of weight. I did have to use ratchet straps to align the holes mentioned above.
69 CT-90
Axe_Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #251
inKazzato

Oddometer: n/a
hi everybody!
Inkazzatto from italy (adv 950 - 2005).

i'm interested in tank and 2to1 kit. Please can anyone tell me where can i buy them?

thanks in advance

Ink
Old 08-27-2009, 02:44 AM   #252
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by inKazzato
hi everybody!
Inkazzatto from italy (adv 950 - 2005).

i'm interested in tank and 2to1 kit. Please can anyone tell me where can i buy them?

thanks in advance

Ink
http://www.advtank.com/
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:56 AM   #253
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Just got my ADVtank (Rally tank) installed. 2.2 Gallons more onboard It's balanced well, don't even notice it when filled. Very nicely designed piece of gear and it goes in easily.

It rocks!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #254
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,453
I'll be installing mine this fall. Just out of curiosity.......if you were to make two rally type rear tanks that hug the exhausts (aka does not require a rally style exhaust) I know I for one would be very interested.....if I was a betting man I would guess several others would be too. The two gallons will be great but I will still have to carry a Gerry Can on my rear rack when touring up north. Now....two 3 gallon tanks would be ideal for someone like me.....just a suggestion, maybe I am alone in my thoughts and needs.

Well thought out design.

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #255
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,763
Thanks for the compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99
Just out of curiosity.......if you were to make two rally type rear tanks that hug the exhausts (aka does not require a rally style exhaust).
There are two issues with this- first is mold cost. The only way this project was even partially practical was because one mold would fit both SE and ADV's correctly. To make 2 molds would have made it unfeasible, no matter how cool the end product. The second concern I'd have is with heat transfer to the tank, I wouldn't want fuel in plastic anywhere near one of those stock exhausts.

I've traded emails with many of you about inventory- we finally have some systems back in stock, and more to come shortly. I'll email everyone that I've corresponded with later today, our website (http://www.advtank.com/) should be taking orders now.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote