Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2008, 12:30 AM   #46
Fred Gassit
z00b

Oddometer: 265
Nice work mate. Put me on the pre order list for both the tank and two into one colector pipe.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #47
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,666
Ned, this tank is translucent you said, so probably not paintable, since plastic tanks sweat with fuel in them?
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #48
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,087
Very Nice ,2 into 1 Will be ordering as soon as there ready
Ned have you thought about useing the space that is left open where the left exhaust pipe went under the seat for extra fuel ? ( with the 2 into 1 system ) like the 690 rally tanks sort of
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #49
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts
Very Nice ,2 into 1 Will be ordering as soon as there ready
Ned have you thought about useing the space that is left open where the left exhaust pipe went under the seat for extra fuel ? ( with the 2 into 1 system ) like the 690 rally tanks sort of
Strewth cobba!
Did you read past post one?

Mexicans...

mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #50
kirkmoon
Making up for lost youth

Oddometer: 8,909
I'm really interested Ned. Put me on the pre-order list for the tank and the 2->1 collector.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #51
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,087
[quote=mookymoo]Strewth cobba!
Did you read past post one?

No I just looked at the pictures.
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #52
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
Ned,
I am interested too. Pls put me into your preorder list.
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #53
neduro OP
Addict

Oddometer: 11,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo
Not that I can interpret Aussie, at least I think that's what it was, but the model shown is about 9 revisions ago. Hopefully you can see from the model screenshots embedded more recently that the newer shape is much further forward, lower, and IMO, better looking.

Good news/ bad news: We are now 10 weeks into the 4 week delivery of 2 into 1's. That's the bad news. The good news is that it looks like they are doing the ADV ones simultaneously as an apology... so with a little luck, next week I'll have first articles for both SE and ADV and can dyno and so on.

More info as it happens!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #54
simonpig
packin' heat

Oddometer: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro
Both SE's and ADV's have a low pressure line that runs between tank lobes, with a petcock on both ends. I will T into that line.
Put me on the list of interested for kickass 2-into-1 and the bitchin' tank. Would prefer black tanks if you're doing colors - I hear its the fastest.

About the fuel delivery would it work on the 990 FI models as well or is this strictly Carbs-compatible.
simonpig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:53 AM   #55
neduro OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpig
About the fuel delivery would it work on the 990 FI models as well or is this strictly Carbs-compatible.
The 990 has the same crossover line as the 950's, so, pending testing, it will work on all the bikes, SE, 950 ADV, 990 ADV.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #56
neduro OP
Addict

Good news on the 2 into 1!

Great news on the 2 into 1!

Both Adventure and SE products are close- read on for more info.

Let's start with the SE:

Here's the prototype I received:

Which differs from what will be sold in that it is NOT jet-hot coated inside and out. That would have added two more weeks without any real change in specification. The finished article will appear like stainless (bright silver) and should not discolor with heat as this one has.

Weight is 1lb 7 ounces (stock is 2lb 10 ounces). So, with a 6lb, 6 ounce Ti Remus can (which Kurt and I will also make available as a single side), the total system weight is 7lb 13 ounces, vs. 24lbs 10 ounces for the full stock system, a 15lb 7 ounce improvement! That's relevant, no matter who you are.

Here it is mounted:

Fit and finish are excellent. The vendor may be slow, but at least it came right with no need for revision.

Now, the dyno.

To refresh everyone, here's the first pass back in February:

Green is 2 into 2 with neptunes (baffles), Blue is 2 into 1 with neptunes (baffle), and Red is 2 into 1 with neptune (no baffle)

Here's the new run:

Red is the same run in Red in the February run, Blue is the prototype piece running through the same Neptune exhaust, again with no baffle. Better torque everywhere until 7.5K, which presumably is a result of the deleted crossover tube.

Honestly, by the seat of the pants I'm hard pressed to tell the difference between any of them. The bike started with more than enough power and continues to impress. To me, this mod is all about the weight savings and tank potential, the improved power (which is present, just look at the chart) is just icing on the cake.

A few more pictures:

With the Remus:

So, timeline and price:

Timeline: I approved the first article, and am told the pipes should be done next week. They will head to Jet Hot (which takes up to 2 weeks), so allowing a week as slush and for shipping, I hope to have them in hand to ship in Early June.

Kurt at Blackdog and I will get a website together shortly to take orders. I will post an update here when that is ready to go- expect next week.

Price: Introductory price is $225 for the 2 into 1 alone, $675 including a Remus Ti Can (normally $900 for a set, so one can for half-price). For comparison, the stock KTM piece is $290, and I don't think there is any other mod at any price that can save you this much weight, let alone this cheap.

The Remus cans are dripping with quality. Very nicely turned out, quiet but not too quiet, and they come with a removable baffle. There are cheaper exhausts out there, but none that are nicer or will last longer.

People who buy the 2 into 1 will also get a coupon good for 10% off the fuel tank, as a reward for being an early adopter.

Moving on to the Adventure piece: as penance for being 6 weeks late on the SE part, the vendor is running the Adventure stuff simultaneously! I should have the first article tomorrow!

I've done a baseline run on a 990, and assuming everything fits properly and the dyno work comes out like the SE did (and I have no reason to believe it won't), we should be on the same timeline for Adventure parts. I do not have a formal price quote yet, but I assume (you know what that means) they will be the same.

So, the final tally = big weight savings, better power, cheaper than the stock part, and (this last is just my opinion) drop-dead sexy!

Watch this space for more news, and I'll PM everyone that has enquired as soon as the order page is online.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #57
ceeco
two wheels at a time

Oddometer: 204
Nice work! Credit Card ready and waiting.....
ceeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #58
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,716
Are you going to do a 2 into 2 run with NO BAFFLES so there is a REAL comparison as to how a 2-1 may or may not change the curve...?....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #59
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,220

Now That is a work of art!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #60
neduro OP
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Are you going to do a 2 into 2 run with NO BAFFLES so there is a REAL comparison as to how a 2-1 may or may not change the curve...?....
No, but you're right, I should have. I was fighting a surly service manager who wanted $89/run and wasn't going to push my luck.

Honestly, though, I think it's fairly irrelevant. The 2 into 1 clearly has some advantage in low end torque, with no substantial tradeoffs. Most people I know (myself included) were satisfied with the power of the bike stock, this is at least as good and saves a ton of weight.

The upcoming test will be interesting: The 990 has been run full stock (stock cans, etc) and will be run with the 2 into 1 and remus. I should have the part tomorrow and will do the second run on Wednesday.