Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #811
Trailing Jack
Dr. Acula

Oddometer: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike
Makes me sick that I threw away all my old DB mags back in the early 80's. I had a huge boxs full of dog eared, and abused Dirt Bikes, many with the covers missing from being read so many times Probably 4 years worth.

I do still have my PRISTINE Vol #1 Issue #1 Dirt Bike Magazine, given to me by the Hunk hisself, neatly stashed. Maybe I'll take a picture of it and let you all gaze upon it's radiant glory
I have a bunch of "Dirt Bike" and "Motocross Action" mags from the 70's in my attic.
Just sayin'.
Trailing Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #812
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailing Jack
I have a bunch of "Dirt Bike" and "Motocross Action" mags from the 70's in my attic.
Just sayin'.
Yeah, there were a bunch of MXA mags in there too, including the very first issue Unfortunately, I am a thrasher. I get something and pretty much use it up. I hauled those things around during several moves, including to another state, and I didn't feel like moving them again. Stupid me.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #813
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 44,702
Quote:
I hauled those things around during several moves, including to another state, and I didn't feel like moving them again. Stupid me.
been there done that. should have pitched the vinyl and kept the magazines.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #814
ADK
____

Oddometer: 7,975
I still have mine,what are they worth?
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #815
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug
been there done that. should have pitched the vinyl and kept the magazines.
BTW, congrats on the new bike. Be careful, you will be going dangerously fast before you realize whats happening.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #816
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK
I still have mine,what are they worth?
how many you got?

I'll trade you an IT 465.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #817
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
BTW, congrats on the new bike. Be careful, you will be going dangerously fast before you realize whats happening.
oh don't I know it. it is going to be a very respectful relearning curve due to the RPM's that thing will want to run at.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #818
ChopSuey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug
oh don't I know it. it is going to be a very respectful relearning curve due to the RPM's that thing will want to run at.
Nothing wrong with a respectful learning or relearning curve, that's being smart and that's what your good at!

Are there legal single track trails in your area?
ChopSuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:24 AM   #819
ChopSuey
Gnarly Adventurer

1973 Hodaka Combat Wombat
Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #820
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopSuey
Nothing wrong with a respectful learning or relearning curve, that's being smart and that's what your good at!

Are there legal single track trails in your area?
well the thing/key is having a license plate. this is what makes this new WR-R so appealing. Not to mention all the other condiments. Guys do quite a bit of riding up in the Berkshires and in New Jersey on state forests and its all legit but you've got to have a plate. I would have bought a KTM 200 EXC but, no plate, no can do. This bike will hopefully be my salvation. I just want to do an occasional crossed up wheelie thats all. The KLR is a little sluggish though still a great bike, I plan on keeping it.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #821
ChopSuey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oy, I had a KLR 650 for a season and it didn't do to well on single track, way too much work. Looking forward to hearing your impressions of your WR. Dualsporting is big in Michigan and any dualsport ride we've gone to has been a sea of blue, very popular bikes here.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #822
ChopSuey
Gnarly Adventurer

1973 Yankee Z 500

Old 04-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #823
Sal Paradise
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,267
Quote:
Oy, I had a KLR 650 for a season and it didn't do to well on single track, way too much work. Looking forward to hearing your impressions of your WR. Dualsporting is big in Michigan and any dualsport ride we've gone to has been a sea of blue, very popular bikes here.

I envy you guys, having nice trails in your back yard is almost unheard of in southern california. The desert gets old, quick! Numerous mx tracks but no trails that I'm real fond of. Western Canada and Northwest U.S. have great riding, I love going up there in the summer to ride and fish. Its hilarious when I'm in Canada with my Can Am, guys look at me like "what the hell is that" but they should know, its the only succesful mx/trail to come out of the country! Heres some photos from my one of my favorite trails in Alberta!
Attached Images

Raoul Duke: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Sal Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #824
Sal Paradise
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,267
This stuff fits under old school because we were riding vintage bikes! this shot was looking back down river valley we just rode up. It is called green valley, and the river is the Old Man.
Attached Images

Raoul Duke: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Sal Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #825
dhaynes
Alpha geek

Oddometer: 1,141
Quote:
1973 Yankee Z 500
Oooh ooh! I actually rode one of those back when dey wuz new! A friend of mine got one, he was kind of a horsepower freak.

Couple of Ossa (? or Bultaco?) jugs stuck on their own gearbox. Seat was flat, wide and hard. Felt really light, just like a Freightliner or a Kenworth. Bitchin' when it was sideways but otherwise... well it felt really light, just like a Freightliner...

Oh yeah, the brakes were pretty slick - the rear had much better feel than my Husky or Suzuki.

And it was really light, just like a Freightliner...
dhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote