ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
Anders Green OP
NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer: 1,986
Thumb Dakar Rider James Embro Announces New Business At Sandblast Rally

We just posted this press release on Sandblast Rally... the cool news is: DAKAR BIKES COMING TO SC!!!

Anders

For Immediate Release - Raleigh, North Carolina, February 2, 2008

DAKAR RIDER JAMES EMBRO ANNOUNCES NEW BUSINESS AT SANDBLAST RALLY

* Dakar rider James Embro enters Sandblast Rally in Cheraw, SC
* Embro is opening a new racing facility in Norcross, GA
* Embro will be carrying Husaberg motorcycles

Following the cancellation of this year's Dakar in Africa, the organizers of the Sandblast Rally sent out word that riders were welcome to compete here in the states. Dakar rider James Embro decided that the opportunity to run so close to home was too good to pass up. Sandblast Rally is in Cheraw, SC, only about six hours from Embro's base of operations in Norcross, GA.

"I'm excited that James is coming up from Georgia" reported event organizer Anders Green. "He's bringing some of his teammates and a variety of honest-to-goodness Dakar bikes. Just to have this machinery around and on display will be fantastic. Usually these exotic bikes are either doing training in the deserts of the west or competing in Africa, so having them out in public on the East Coast will be a real treat for the fans and fellow competitors."

Sandblast Rally is going to be the debut of James Embro's new venture, THE RACE SHOP. "It makes perfect sense, really." said Embro. "We're going to specialize in Husaberg motorcycles, from sales, service, and parts all the way up to putting together adveture and training rides. High performance bikes showing what they can do at an actual full-on, full-speed rally is a natural."

THE RACE SHOP will be having their Grand Opening just two weeks after the rally. On Friday February 22 and Saturday February 23, the new facility will be open from 10am till 8pm. The shop is located at 5666 Duford Highway in Norcross, Georgia, where Duford crosses Mitchell Street. More information and directions are available by calling 678-739-2091.

There are very few places in the world where motorcycles can compete in a rally format. Last year NASA Rally Sport created RallyMoto(tm). RallyMoto(tm) is NASA Rally Sport's trademarked program that allows motorcycles to battle each other in a stage rally format. Racing sections, called 'special stages', are linked by untimed 'transits'. Each racer starts the stage on at a time; there are no mass starts. The events which offer the RallyMoto(tm) program do so in conjunction with rally cars.

Sandblast organizer Green thinks the new facility will do well. "Rally, in any of its variations, is a difficult sport. The logistics, planning, and training are very different from a sprint event like motocross. So when you look at the experience of someone like James, who's done Dakar, Baja, Best in the Desert, that kind of history makes all the difference. You just can't replace having that experience and I think it's cool that we'll have an East Coast source for that.

Note to editors:
Sandblast Rally is part of the Atlantic RallyMoto(tm) Cup
RallyMoto(tm) is a trademarked program of NASA Rally Sport
More information on the event is available at SandblastRally.com
More information on NASA Rally Sport is available at NASARallySport.com

For media support contact Anders Green: +1 919 697 5282 anders@pobox.com
Old 02-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
Bad JuJu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
For them that know it won't matter

But those that don't it will make it harder to find.

It's Buford Hwy with a "B"; not Duford with a "D". Otherwise, sounds neat. Do we need an invite to go by or is it drop in informal?

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.” - John Wayne

“If everything isn't black and white, I say, "Why the hell not?"”
Bad JuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,926
Question email contact for James Embro

Hi does anyone have an email contact for James or his shop ??

I hear he may be building a Husaberg FE570 for Dakar 2010 and I would like to contact him.

I tried through the Berg corporate website but no go
Old 05-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,282
Try this # 678-739-2091.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg
Hi does anyone have an email contact for James or his shop ??

I hear he may be building a Husaberg FE570 for Dakar 2010 and I would like to contact him.

I tried through the Berg corporate website but no go
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote