Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #541
JohnG.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
In respect to the fuel connectors, at least here in the US: Aprilia issued a recall on these. If you have a cooperating dealer nearby, it is actually possible to get the new style quick fuel disconnect from Aprilia and have the operation performed as part of the recall. They will however, only supply the single disconnect: you need to order the second one (at your cost) for some strange reason.

Anyway, as you're in Georgia I thought this was worth mentioning. My local dealer, Moto International, performed the deed on my bike ( a very clean 2002) for free under the recall. They are exceptionally fine folks, and of course, have earned my loyalty as a result. If you have a good Aprilia center nearby, it's worth a shot.
In Oz local importer and Dealers tend to 'ignore' the issueIMHO...my Capo came to me at 22k Klm with carb spec hose that would balloon alarmingly on startup...I now have quality pressure hose only after hearing some metal connectors can fail too...
Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #542
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG. View Post
In Oz local importer and Dealers tend to 'ignore' the issueIMHO...my Capo came to me at 22k Klm with carb spec hose that would balloon alarmingly on startup...I now have quality pressure hose only after hearing some metal connectors can fail too...
Ah.....the plot sickens! So much of one's ownership experience and satisfaction is up to the service and consideration the dealer and distributor is prepared to provide. I don't think Piaggio (they distribute directly here) is perfect, but strictly gleaned from the boards and my own experience, I am prepared to believe that we have a crack at better service than you in Oz do. Again, our dealer in Seattle is world class.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #543
JohnG.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
Ah.....the plot sickens! So much of one's ownership experience and satisfaction is up to the service and consideration the dealer and distributor is prepared to provide. I don't think Piaggio (they distribute directly here) is perfect, but strictly gleaned from the boards and my own experience, I am prepared to believe that we have a crack at better service than you in Oz do. Again, our dealer in Seattle is world class.
Oh for sure MI is well known world wide especially in Guzzi circles for excellent customer service...
...and I don't know where I'd be without AF1 for Aprilia forums and quick parts,a fraction of the OZ price...
...as well as ones DIY skills...
Yeah,I think back to when I first had my always previously shop serviced Capo and shake my head in disbelief.
I just hope they can do better with the new Bikes...and seem to be really pushing the RSV4 end of the market ATM.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #544
JohnG.
Beastly Adventurer

You all must be out riding....
Old 01-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #545
Petrolburner
Noise Maker

Oddometer: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG. View Post
You all must be out riding....
I'm on my way to Baja Mexico. Taking my KLX 650 however. Still waiting for my new stator. Heads up, the stator from Electrosport does NOT fit. Sent my factory stator to Rick's.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #546
nav18tor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolburner View Post
I'm on my way to Baja Mexico. Taking my KLX 650 however. Still waiting for my new stator. Heads up, the stator from Electrosport does NOT fit. Sent my factory stator to Rick's.

Is this any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3308505043...84.m1438.l2649
nav18tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #547
boerbebop
Braaap

Oddometer: 3
Ho do you gents like your Capo's? I love mine and it runs great. I added Leo's pipes, K&N fliter and Givi's. Love this bike. Gonna change out the fork springs this winter to curb the nose diving, then she will be set.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #548
Precis
Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by boerbebop View Post
Ho do you gents like your Capo's? I love mine and it runs great. I added Leo's pipes, K&N fliter and Givi's. Love this bike. Gonna change out the fork springs this winter to curb the nose diving, then she will be set.
You CAN fit Hyperpro springs if you like - OR you can drop in a pair of Intiminators from Ricor that do an even better job.
Just back from a quick 2000km roadtrip - three people on two Capos, camping gear included.
Lost 2 fuses (fiddle-fairy's fault!), one puncture, a headlamp came unplugged on some rough dirt, and the Scottoiler's vacuum pipe probably developed a leak that upset the tune on one bike. Beyond that, they're smooth, fast, fuel efficient, comfortable and easy to ride.
Do we see you over at AF1's Capo site?
Old 03-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #549
JohnG.
Beastly Adventurer

Stelvio frontend,anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjIZCiZahwU

Old 03-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #550
BrittC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Finally got to over 40 degrees here near Chicago, so I got out for a 170 mile ride today to test out my recently built Sargent seat. It was a good ride...

http://britt-motorcycling.blogspot.com
BrittC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:21 AM   #551
Capo Rick
Please understand...

Oddometer: 1,458
Nice! You poor bastards in the midwest! I remember living in MN.......fucking winter

We've had one of the best winter/spring riding seasons in memory in Oregon.

"Nobody ever sells their bikes at Guzzi rallies........ But the upside is that you may get into a good fight and have the opportunity to have sex with some-being of a different species."-Pete Roper
Capo Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:45 AM   #552
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Rick View Post
Nice! You poor bastards in the midwest! I remember living in MN.......fucking winter

We've had one of the best winter/spring riding seasons in memory in Oregon.
Winter has lasted forever this year in the Mid-West! That said, Having moved from Portland Oregon to St.Louis Missouri, enduring the cold winters is easier then enduring the property tax bills I got while in Portland LMAO.

I do miss the curvy mountain roads in Oregon. You Oregonians have a beautiful state to ride in!
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #553
Kristijonas
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Hi,
I noticed, that rear sprocket on my caponord have about 1 mm play in rotation trend. In manual wrote, that if you notice excessive play, all of the flexible coupling grommets must be replaced. What mean EXCESSIVE? 1mm is excessive? Rubbers looks good.
thanks for the reply
Kristijonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #554
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,306
The capo has issues with slop in the drive train. I believe they changed the part numbers for the rubbers at some time. I put new ones in and have ZERO play. They It was VERY hard to put the Cush Drive back on.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #555
Kristijonas
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
so I need to change the rubbers too. Thanks
Kristijonas is offline   Reply With Quote