Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #91
svenb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Thanks, Ill go for brown and beige ;-) and see if my mother can fix a nice cover for my saddle.
svenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #92
Muamer
Muamer

Oddometer: 13
I just wanted to add that this just might be the best moto ever made I bought mine last year in June and have 12k on it now. Only way to take it from me" pry it from my dead cold hands". It's a keeper
Muamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:54 PM   #93
JohnG.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkSlayer
I'm considering a 2007 Capo and was curious about aftermarket seat and windshield options. I'm 6' 4" and not certain if the stock set up will work for me. Anyone?

Im 6'5" 225 Lbs & find my '02 Capo just fine with a 'Tall' Eagle Screen.
I have an extra inch of spacers in the forks & rear preload on 'Max'
with dampering on about the fourth notch...She'll do for now..
Old 09-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #94
Muamer
Muamer

Who makes that windscreen , i was tolld that cee baley makes a good aftermarket one?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #95
kreature
yooper

Oddometer: 25
v-strom or caponord?

I can't decide which one to get. I was thinking about a v-strom but then I looked at the Caponord and now I can't decide. Any info will help.
kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #96
priller
-

Oddometer: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreature
I can't decide which one to get. I was thinking about a v-strom but then I looked at the Caponord and now I can't decide. Any info will help.
the choice between these two is probably down to emotions. they will tell you that you have a zuk dealer around the nearest corner. and its engine is more reevy, too. capo is (used to be) pita in parts availability department but it rarely needs any. capo's armed with components of better quality and its overall feel and finish is definitely italian at its best. mine has been a joy for over three years and i still can't see a replacement. best value around, imo.

priller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #97
Capo Rick
Please understand...

Oddometer: 1,465
Ditto, that.

Lots of nice, high quality items to fiddle with on the Capo. I've never owned a Strom, but I know that they are an excellent bike. I had the choice of any bike when I bought the Capo, and the combination of uniqueness, Italian Flare, Physical size ( I 'm a big dude), and the best dealer I could ask for ( Moto Int'l in Seattle- back then), I chose the Capo. Now, after 2 years and few 'real' issues...........I'd have to say that I'd have a tough time finding a bike I'd want more.

I just did the valve adjustment myself, and change my own tires and oil. I just don't have an issue with reliabillity.

I have nice 'earthy' modified stock pipes, and some Aprilia farkles, as well as a custom Rich's seat.

I did a 4500 mile trip into the Rockies, last year, fully loaded with camp gear. Did some offroading, that I probably shouldn't have .

..............my 2 cents

"Nobody ever sells their bikes at Guzzi rallies........ But the upside is that you may get into a good fight and have the opportunity to have sex with some-being of a different species."-Pete Roper
Capo Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #98
Durangoman
Yeah its me!

Oddometer: 773
Here is mine, just bought it last week...

Durangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #99
philthycoder
lurker extraordinaire

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by priller
the choice between these two is probably down to emotions. they will tell you that you have a zuk dealer around the nearest corner. and its engine is more reevy, too. capo is (used to be) pita in parts availability department but it rarely needs any. capo's armed with components of better quality and its overall feel and finish is definitely italian at its best. mine has been a joy for over three years and i still can't see a replacement. best value around, imo.
I've had my Capo for a little over a year now, and while I love it dearly it does present a challenge in the parts department. There are also a handful of weak points on the bike that need to be addressed before long-term reliability can be expected, like fuel connectors, charging system connectors, regulator. www.af1racing.com is a great online parts dealer and source of Aprilia knowledge in general, though the prices on even the parts they have in stock will make your eyes water sometimes. I'm talking about things like 160 bucks for a SINGLE ignition coil, of which there are FOUR on the bike. All in all though, if you're a hands-on kind of bike owner the weak points can be addressed readily, and then the bike is just non-stop fun!
philthycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #100
mr moto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Has anyone heard anything at all about the replacement for the caponord that aprilia are said to heve been working on ?
mr moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #101
JohnG.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muamer
Who makes that windscreen , i was tolld that cee baley makes a good aftermarket one?
these guys...
http://www.eaglescreens.com.au/
Old 03-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #102
JohnG.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr moto
Has anyone heard anything at all about the replacement for the caponord that aprilia are said to heve been working on ?
Not that I know of...'guessing parent company Piaggio would want us on the Guzzi Stelvio ,while Aprilia explores the mid class with the Shiver & Mana etc...
Old 03-08-2009, 06:03 AM   #103
CapoGreg OP
Felonious Helmet Cam

Oddometer: 614
I hate to do this to the guys at AF1, but I'm going to hot link a photo.

The 850 Mana, now imagine that bike with a 19" front wheel and knobbies. I think that would make a good replacement for the Caponord.

2006 Aprilia Caponord "L'Altra Donna"
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S "Bear"
1978 Yamaha DT 125E "Pig Pen"
1976 Honda CB750K
2006 Kawasaki Mule 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzirider
The GS is, on paper, a better bike, but I don't buy bikes made of paper.
Save $5 on SmugMug account with code: L4im8C7MUjvgQ
CapoGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #104
Muamer
Muamer

I have talked to my Aprillia dealer and he say that Piaggio wants Moto Guzzi to carry Adventure banner for them while Aprilia is gonna concentrate on making preformance bikes. In other words Stelvio is the new Caponord
Old 03-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #105
Italiaphile
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
The rumor I've heard is that the next Aprilia Adventure bike will be about two years down the pipe and will have a 1200cc Piaggio-designed and manufactured V-tiwn.