User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #151
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Oddometer: 431
H9

Our H9 bulb wires come straight out the back, and from what I understand is there is no alternative. Not sure what type you have, but the amount that it sticks out is no more then the base of a halogen H9 bulb, and we have never had an issue with clearance on these bulbs.

Most after market HID have universal connections, so our ballasts will typically run any brand HID and vice versa.
Attached Images

futurevisionhid.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 PM   #152
Mike.C
Stelvio Dreamer!

Oddometer: 589
Thanks - Looks much better than the Xtralight ones I have. If they rub through I'll get some of yours. Next bikes system will be definitely be from you guys.

Thanks again.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #153
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

HID Auxiliary Projector lights

Hi Gang,

Just want everyone to know we have started shipping our new aux. light, and customers have been extremely happy with the light output and the beautiful design.
Check out this spec sheet to see the detail and everything included in the kit.
http://www.futurevisionhid.com/image...ight_specs.jpg

We have a great intro price on these, and even better if you get a pair. For the ADVrider members, the 10% discount is still in effect as well, so all these discounts really add for great savings on a premium quality light package. Enter code 'advrider' during checkout and you will see the discount applied before you confirm order.

Here is the link to the product page:
http://www.futurevisionhid.com/produ...products_id=59

We will try to get some more photos posted soon. Any questions let us know.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #154
sacto929
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpo83
Trying to fit my lights today, mounted ballasts, but when i went to install the lamps, they wouldn't fit through the lamp entry holes!

There is a small bulge in the lamp that will not allow it to fit the housing.

Pleas let me know how to proceed, i thought H1 is H1?

Have you heard of this before?

Here is a photo of what i am talking about.

I did the install on my 2000 1150GS yesterday with this issue in mind. When I dry fit the bulb with the foam plug from the shipping cap still around the base of the bulb, it hung on the bulge like in the picture. However, when I checked again with just the bulb, it fit through just fine. Not sure why a foam rubber ring on the wires of the bulb would have any impact, but it did. I just chalk it up to a BMW thing....
Old 05-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #155
Dances With Roads
mild observations

Oddometer: 4,578
I just bought the h4 50w 4300k for my 96 rt. I have been wanting the hid for years and I am finally getting it!

I'm gonna have to be careful to readjust the height of the beam every time I change the load. I plan on doing a lot of night riding this summer, so I will get back on here and report my results. I also run a pair of 50w motolights that have been good lo beam augmentation and Hella ff50's for reaching out. I am looking forward to the improvement that I am expecting!
Dances With Roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #156
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacto929
I did the install on my 2000 1150GS yesterday with this issue in mind. When I dry fit the bulb with the foam plug from the shipping cap still around the base of the bulb, it hung on the bulge like in the picture. However, when I checked again with just the bulb, it fit through just fine. Not sure why a foam rubber ring on the wires of the bulb would have any impact, but it did. I just chalk it up to a BMW thing....
Just a note to anyone having issues with fitment on their install because of the bulb, or anyone that may be concered about this being an issue, we are upgrading our line of bulbs. The new factory we have partnered with is in Taiwan, and their quality is like none we have seen before (next to true Philips HID's). Our cost however is much higher, but product is top notch, and there is no bulge on any of their HID lamps. We will be receiving our first bulk order shortly, and still have a lot of stock on the other type to use up first, but these will be available very soon. The cost issue is something we are working out, because this is such a competitive market and with thousands of guys selling kits on ebay for under $100, it's difficult to convince people that it is worth spending the extra $ for a high quality system. We will avoid any cost increase, but there may be a small premium added to our prices when use up the existing stock.
BTW, the auxiliary light we have added to our product line already has the new bulbs pre-installed in them, so anyone buying those is getting the higher quality bulb. The one we currently use is still very good quality, but the new one has an almost zero defect rate, and has a very controlled, stable light output.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #157
Ironrdr
Pay No Attention...

Oddometer: 531
Just completed ordering for my '06 Uly.

Can't wait to be able to see at night.

2011 Ride West Ride Report
Ironrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #158
kkesp
UPSIDERIGHT

Oddometer: 226
50w and 35w

2006 1200GS You say that the 50w puts out more light than the 35w. Would it be possible to use a 35w in the low beam side and a 50w on the high side? Is it worth changing both sides? If I select the H7 EXP low the selection shows (car relay-1 harness/1 connector or motorcycle relay-2 harness/2 connectors which do I select to do both high and low?

Kris

kkesp screwed with this post 05-12-2008 at 10:28 PM
kkesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #159
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

We can build custom kit for you with one 50W & one 35W no problem.

For the harness option, the car harness is designed for a vehicle with one ballast lead much longer than the other side.
The bike option has two separate harnesses, one for each light with long enough leads to go to the battery. Each harness has it's own relay and fuse. Get the bike option if your buying the car kit.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:34 PM   #160
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Projectors

For theose of you who have been interested in the projectors for DIY projects, these along with all our products, are very good quality.

http://www.futurevisionhid.com/image...projectors.jpg
Old 05-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #161
kkesp
UPSIDERIGHT

Oddometer: 226
50w and 35w kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurevisionhid.com
We can build custom kit for you with one 50W & one 35W no problem.

For the harness option, the car harness is designed for a vehicle with one ballast lead much longer than the other side.
The bike option has two separate harnesses, one for each light with long enough leads to go to the battery. Each harness has it's own relay and fuse. Get the bike option if your buying the car kit.
How much complexity does it add to the installation and price? Do I need to call direct when ordering a custom kit like this?
kkesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:55 AM   #162
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

custom kit.

to upgrade one bulb to 50w does not add much to the cost. ($25) you may want to add relay cables as well, one for each light $30/pair.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #163
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Bmw R1100rt Hid Install

You got a H4 Kit, just to make sure, was your halogen bulb H4? can you describe exactly the problem your having or take a picture of the HID bulb by the base so we can get a better idea of the problem. I am not familiar with the procedure for your bike. Some BMW's need a bulb adapter to fit properly or may need modifications.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #164
Dances With Roads
mild observations

After a leeetle consternation about grinding on the hid base, things went off without a hitch. Quite happy about the install really.

The connectors et al was good quality stuff and went right together. Tonight I will find out more!

Here's a few low quality pictures:

Hard to tell just how bright it is, cause I can't look directly at it. I have Hella ff50 with high end 50w halogens on the mirrors, and the Motolights are 50w. Even though I ran a high end halogen in that headlight, I was never happy with it's output.

Since this is a 50w hid, it was probably a good idea to get 4300k - not quite as blue as the 6000K I am told... might save me a tikee.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:17 AM   #165
Dances With Roads
mild observations

So. Last night after dark I went out and rode the canyons for a couple of hours and I have a few observations...

First thing out of the driveway I could see that I needed to lower the aim on the headlight - a lot. The cut off is not nearly as sharp as it was with the halogen and the pattern is not the same. After stopping for gas I got the adjustment what turned out to be just right for riding in traffic. I only got flashed twice the whole ride which is about what I got before with the halogen.

The low beam is fantastic. Amazing. Wow. Even after using the high beam for a long stretch, it is not a disappointment to go back to the low beam because there is so much light. Just a whole different world - the color of the light is so different and pronounced... very easy to see. I only saw two critters the entire ride and one was a fox crossing the road while on low beam and I saw him from a long way away. Impressive.

Now the high beam. I found that it threw so much light down the road I could use the Hellas just for seeing through corners. Somebody told me to try crossing the lights and turning them way up for riding in canyons. The effect is amazing...I could see way through every open corrner. Very confidence inspiring. I seemed to be coon hunting on the straights of course. But to use the Hellas just for that purpose is quite a luxury. Coming out of the canyons I straightened them out and lowered them to throw the light forward, but there's so much light from the hid that, while an improvement, it was not nearly the effect that I had before the installation - not even close!

Because I converted, I have a conventional reflector. It is a good quality headlight reflector but it is not a projector. With this kind of light output, an ellipzoid projector is recommended and I can see why. I have a few hotspots on high and low beam and it is somewhat distracting. Also I found that on high beam I could have raised thed beam and got even a better effect, but that adjustment is limited by the low beam aiming...

All in all I would say that if you are riding at night you need a hid. No question about it. Now that I have used one I will never have another road bike without it.