User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2008, 08:11 PM   #91
kutch
That fell off where?

Oddometer: 583
Question

1.) You mentioned that the lens makes a difference in the quality of the beam (focus, cut off). If I just throw a HID kit in, without modifying the lens/ reflector, will it really be "that" much better...?

2.) Also,
You directed one person with a BMW F650GS to your site for a
(H4-EXP High/Low Motorcycle Kit [EXH4BK])
That seems to be only availbe in the 6000K... No 4300K versions for a 2005 F650?

Thanks for the response,
(Its gotta' get tiring answering these questions that must repeat over and over again!!!)

Kutch
Old 03-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #92
Will in CA
n00b

Oddometer: 9
While your at it can you answer this for me. Some of us have a problem finding room and sufficient structure to mount the ballast.

1) How close to the headlight does the ballast need to be?
2) Is an extension on the wire harness from the e ballast to the head light an option?
3) My 1999 BMW F650 has the single rectangular headlight with the H4 bulb. Is there one of those interesting "projector housings available"?
4) In regards to the projector lens, in the early days of projector lenses I'm guessing 10 or 15 years ago I think they housed halogen bulbs and the complaint was that oncoming cars could not see the light until it was directed nearly strait at them making visibility to others on the road an issue. Can I assume this is still the case with the projector lens and housing or has that changed?

Thanks

Will in CA screwed with this post 03-15-2008 at 07:35 AM
Will in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #93
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutch

1.) You mentioned that the lens makes a difference in the quality of the beam (focus, cut off). If I just throw a HID kit in, without modifying the lens/ reflector, will it really be "that" much better...?

2.) Also,
That seems to be only availbe in the 6000K... No 4300K versions for a 2005 F650?

Thanks for the response,
(Its gotta' get tiring answering these questions that must repeat over and over again!!!)

Kutch
Hey Kutch,
Sorry for the late response again, not sure why but our email notification keeps getting turned off, anyone know why??

1)With a HID conversion, you are getting 3-5 times the amount of light compared to a stock halogen. How the headlight is designed determines exactly the light output will be represented in the form of a beam pattern. Most OEM headlights react well with a QUALITY conversion kit, but there are a few that scatter the light a bit. This is typical with cheap aftermarket headlights as they use cheap materials in the reflectors, etc..as well add a cheap HID kit, and you have the same problem.

2)All of our conversion kits are available in all colors, I will have the problem corrected with the bike kit on our website.

Our web developer is madly working away on our new site. It will be a much cleaner design that should be easier to navigate, and have a lot more models to choose from and a broder product offering. Please be patient! We hope it will be up in a couple of weeks.

Answering questions is no problem at all, I believe a better informed customer makes better choices. Were here to help with your specific questions and requirements, if that leads to a sale great! But the most important thing is to make sure every single customer knows what they need and that they are satisfied.
Our business model relies heavily on referals from our customer base and through networking with the end-users of our product. This allows us to quickly react to market conditions and demand by offering the best and latest product designs.
Keep the questions coming!
futurevisionhid.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:58 AM   #94
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will in CA
While your at it can you answer this for me. Some of us have a problem finding room and sufficient structure to mount the ballast.

1) How close to the headlight does the ballast need to be?
2) Is an extension on the wire harness from the e ballast to the head light an option?
3) My 1999 BMW F650 has the single rectangular headlight with the H4 bulb. Is there one of those interesting "projector housings available"?
4) In regards to the projector lens, in the early days of projector lenses I'm guessing 10 or 15 years ago I think they housed halogen bulbs and the complaint was that oncoming cars could not see the light until it was directed nearly strait at them making visibility to others on the road an issue. Can I assume this is still the case with the projector lens and housing or has that changed?

Thanks
1-2)We have extension cables available if mounting the ballast is a problem. we have 1 & 3ft cables available, but that pushing the limits in terms of length. This a very high voltage circuit, so the shorter the cable the better. You could also use the mini ballast is space is an issue.

3) not sure if the standard 100mm X 200mm square headlight will fit on your bike, not too familiar with that one. Check the dimensions, and send to me along with any numbers you can find on the assembly.

4) the projector does exactly what is designed to do, and that is focus the light directly in front of the driver and not just have a general glow which can be seen for miles away. Because the light intensity is more focused, it is not as noticable to on-coming traffic, but with HID lights, or good quality halogens, you will be seen without a doubt, you just won't be blinding anyone. Halogen bulbs 10-15 years ago were not nearly as good as today's bulbs. :)
Old 03-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #95
ThorH
BMW R1200GS

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurevisionhid.com
Sorry for the late response again, not sure why but our email notification keeps getting turned off, anyone know why??
I have always had that problem here too, when choosing the daily option. But the instant one seemst to be working.
ThorH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #96
Will in CA
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Thanks for the quick response. I'll have to get those dimensions and some numbers.
Will in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #97
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:

2.) Also,
That seems to be only availbe in the 6000K... No 4300K versions for a 2005 F650? Kutch
We checked it out, and it's working fine here. Check the drop down box to select which color you want.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #98
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

H4 comparison Photos

I have had some requests about the size of the H4 bulb, so have attached a photo. Picture should explain itself.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #99
beemer67
Really Old airhead

Oddometer: 213
1 - So that HID Dual Beam bulb needs about an extra inch of space behind the bulb in the headlight bucket compared to a conventional H4 Halogen?

I have 3 BMW's, ' 81 R80G/S - 5" diameter H4, '81 R65 - about 6.25" diameter H4 and '78 R100RS - 7" diameter H4.

2 - If I wanted to convert 2 out of the 3, should I buy a car kit, if so which would cover the most bases? Those projector lens - only available to cover the RS i.e. 7" diameter?

3 - How much does a projector lens protrude forward in relation to conventional stock lens glass?

4 - Are you recommending a dual beam HID bulb as opposed to HID low, and Halogen High style?

Cheers,
Chris
beemer67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:47 AM   #100
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Hi Chris,

1) Yes, the dual beam bulb would require almost an inch more space behind the bulb base.

2)You could use a car kit and split it up, however the harness is different for a car kit as it has a single harness to hook up to both bulbs. We could substitute it with two bike harnesses for an additional $5.
The projector is actually around 6.25", and has a beauty ring around it so it may work on both. Check the number on the light to see what models they are. They will replace H4666 / H6545 type bulbs. should work on both bikes.

3)The projector sticks out a fair amount due to the large mechanism inside the headlamp. I attached a photo that might help see that. They are available in low beam, or high/low system in either chrome or carbon fibre.

4)we highly recommend the dual beam HID bulb as it is far superior to the HID/haogen combo (we do not offer this type, due to poor performance)

:)
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #101
knobbytracks
super n00b

Oddometer: 54
F650 mounting

Quote:
You directed one person with a BMW F650GS to your site for a ...

Kutch
I don't want to get to far off base here but has anyone sucessfuly mounted one of these balast on a f650gs without having to use an extension cable? I'm dying to pull the trigger on one of these lights but I know from the f650 forums that mounting some of these ballast can be nearly impossible, depending on the size.

knobbytracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #102
akexpress
TXRgS

Oddometer: 77
Bulb comparison

Could you post a picture with a bulb length comparison for you HID vs H3 and H7 bulbs (just like you did for the H4 in your previous post). I would just like to see the difference before pulling the trigger on either one, Thanks
I don't believe in inheriting your place in society based on the wound you come from...
W. buffet
akexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:30 AM   #103
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

don't have any H3 & H7 halogen bulbs around the shop here. I'll try to get some. We are not an install center, just a distribution facility. All HID bulbs have a capsule that is about 1 3/4" from the base. The base on all the single beam bulbs is about 3/4" past the base. There is also a H3 bulb in a mini version that is very small designed for fog light applications.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:06 AM   #104
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,997
Do you have a 50 watt HID H4 H/L kit that would fit the F650GS?

Also, are you sure that your H4 H/L kits will fit the GS? The reason I ask is that a popular HID company here in Japan (Solam) markets a shorter H4 H/L capsule and recommends it for the F650GS. They say that it's difficult to install their standard size H4 capsule in that bike.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:22 AM   #105
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

if you look at the photo above you will see that the capsule portion of our H4 H/L bulb is almost the same length. The big difference is the base which is
much larger, that is where you need to check if you have enough clearance.

We do have these available in a 50W series as well.