ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Location? Let the masses decide!!!
Close to SLC please 10 83.33%
Let's go down to Price / Green River 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
Nabucco OP
Enfant Terrible

Oddometer: 556
Northern UT Dual Sport class - NEDURO COMING APR 5

We are starting to put together some of the final arrangements for this clinic. Please check this post regularly for updates. Also, see posts #44, 51, 61 and 95 for more details.

CLASS INTENT

The clinic will focus on the drill aspect of learning. This is where the best results and most of the learning come from, and it also is extremely tolerant of different skill levels and bikes. It sounds like we'll have a mixed group as far as machinery, skill level, and interest. I will PM everyone shortly with a quick survey to gauge equipment and skills so that Ned can set this up to everyone's benefit.

REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT

To lock in your spot, please paypal the $175 class fee to clinic@neduro.com - if you'd rather send a check, PM Neduro for his address.

Once you done so, send me a PM - I will keep a tally of the number of participants.

REFUND POLICY

1. Full refund will be given if the class is canceled for any reason whatsoever
2. No refunds if you cannot attend the class for any reason, however:
- you can sell your spot (I will gladly help finding someone if need be)
- you can use the fee as a credit toward a future clinic
3. If anyone does not enjoy the class or doesn't feel they got what they wanted out of it, a refund will
be given with only a request for what could have been improved.

CANCELLATION

In the event of serious weather (think blizzard - torrential rains etc...), the class may be canceled or postponed. We will keep an eye on the weather forecast and make that call a couple of days before the clinic. Please check this board for announcements.

PROGRAM

The class will start on Saturday April 5 at 9:00 AM at the location where the training will take place.
- Morning - drills
- Lunch provided by Neduro
- Afternoon - conclusion of drills + trail ride (may be 2 sessions to accommodate various skill levels)
- Evening - TBD - perhaps we should find a place to wash away the dust and exchange war stories

GEAR

All DS bikes and skills are welcome. Knobbies recommended but not mandatory. See post #61 for some pointers from Ned

LODGING FOR OUT OF TOWNERS

Some folks who are coming from out of town - not sure how I can activate the ADVRider hospitality network but if there are volunteers who can provide a fellow rider with a place to crash - let me know and I'll put you guys / girls in touch with each other.

Questions / comments etc... post or PM

Thanks

Dominic

Nabucco screwed with this post 04-03-2008 at 02:34 PM
Nabucco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
chucktab
I did what? When?

Oddometer: 95
Now there's something I'd also be interested in. I'm planning a trip to the Dalton in 2009. I definitely need more dirt training and experience on my GS.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
JohnBryer
Adventure Poser

Oddometer: 923
I'd be in as well.
JohnBryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,744
I don't know of anything. Just ride ride ride. There is a pretty good group of adv riders that ride in the summer. You can always learn from others even if it's watching them fall . There are the riders classes out at miller motorsports park but they are street. Try and contact them and see if they would want to put on a class.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #5
JohnBryer
Adventure Poser

Oddometer: 923
sounds like we need to organize some (off-road) begginer friendly rides.

I'd love to do some exploring, but I don't want to get into more than hard packed dirt/gravel roads. Unlike a lot of pictures I see on this site, I have no interest in riding over my head and dumping my bike.
JohnBryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
Nabucco OP
Enfant Terrible

Sounds like we are getting a gaggle of GSers together here. So Dalton in 2009 huh? Maybe we should ride in colonne. Of course if we have enough people together we could talk Neduro or jimmy into setting something up here?

I've done quite a bit of trail riding on a DR800 way back when. Just wasn't as much preoccupied about dumping that one than I am with the GS.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
DZSO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Dsr Dvd

ALCON:

Give this DVD a try:

http://dualsportriding.com/index.php?id=621

I just ordered it myself and have seen good reviews on ADVRider.

Perhaps a noob ride this spring would be a great idea? May'ish time frame?

DZSO

DZSO
DZSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
Nabucco OP
Enfant Terrible

Got the DVD - it's good. If someone in the neighborhood wants to borrow... more than welccome to (although let's not forget about brother Ned who put lots of effort in making this production - so buy if you like it).

Love the n00b ride idea; just want to make sure we can find seasoned riders on similar bikes - otherwise it'll just be n00bs taking turn making faceplants.

DZSO - do you fit this profile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZSO
ALCON:

Give this DVD a try:

http://dualsportriding.com/index.php?id=621

I just ordered it myself and have seen good reviews on ADVRider.

Perhaps a noob ride this spring would be a great idea? May'ish time frame?

DZSO
Old 02-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #9
fano
here and there

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by uygur

Love the n00b ride idea; just want to make sure we can find seasoned riders on similar bikes - otherwise it'll just be n00bs taking turn making faceplants.

DZSO - do you fit this profile?
I am in. I am really good at faceplants

05 KTM 450 MXC , 01 Triumph Tiger 955i
04 KTM 950 ADV , 00 Husaberg 501FE
04 GasGas TXT300 PRO , 70 Jawa 250
fano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
Nabucco OP
Enfant Terrible

Yeah - I think I was quite amused reading one of your trip reports in Southern Utah. You're in good company buddy!!!

Seriously - if we can garner some interest maybe we can invite one of the dual sports gurus over here for some tough love training. I'll keep monitoring to see if more jump in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fano
I am in. I am really good at faceplants
Old 02-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #11
fano
here and there

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygur
Yeah - I think I was quite amused reading one of your trip reports in Southern Utah. You're in good company buddy!!!

Seriously - if we can garner some interest maybe we can invite one of the dual sports gurus over here for some tough love training. I'll keep monitoring to see if more jump in.
If not, let just keep trying

Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #12
DZSO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Profile?

UYGUR -

My current profile is noob as I am on leave from the worlds biggest kitty litter box (Iraq) but I am interested in a class regardless of who is running it or who is participating. I was on a ride with Fano and a few others to Windover last April before shipping off and was impressed by his riding skill, which is in question at this time??? Anyway, Fano was given the title of "That Crazy European" due to his willingness to travel at high rates of speed while standing up and over some very slick road way.

There are bunch of newer riders that have come on the scene and I am sure we all can meet sometime/somewhere to plan a training session of sorts. In the past, the local riders have been meeting at the "Blue Plate Diner" on 21st & 21st for an early morning ride round up and trip planning session. I suggest we attend the same and plan our training session.

With my current contract in tact until May 08, I would like to wish you well and if you have a class in May 08, please reserve a seat for me.

DZSO

DZSO
DZSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:37 AM   #13
fano
here and there

DZSO

Welcome back. Poker run was a fun trip. We have to do it again when you return for good. May will be here shortly ( hopefully) so hang in there.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #14
Nabucco OP
Enfant Terrible

So we have the n00b factor in common... I used to raid the deserts of North Africa in my younger days - crazy European I am as well; but 1) seem to have lost that skill or 2) seem to have lost confidence or 3) seem to be overly conservative not to trash my beemer - likely a combination of all play a role.

I think riding with some people with proven (though questionable ) skills will help; but being self taught I wouldn't mind getting a clinic from someone who's experienced in teaching this stuff.

May sounds like an excellent time to do this. Hope you stay safe over there and hang in - May is just around the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZSO
UYGUR -

My current profile is noob as I am on leave from the worlds biggest kitty litter box (Iraq) but I am interested in a class regardless of who is running it or who is participating. I was on a ride with Fano and a few others to Windover last April before shipping off and was impressed by his riding skill, which is in question at this time??? Anyway, Fano was given the title of "That Crazy European" due to his willingness to travel at high rates of speed while standing up and over some very slick road way.

There are bunch of newer riders that have come on the scene and I am sure we all can meet sometime/somewhere to plan a training session of sorts. In the past, the local riders have been meeting at the "Blue Plate Diner" on 21st & 21st for an early morning ride round up and trip planning session. I suggest we attend the same and plan our training session.

With my current contract in tact until May 08, I would like to wish you well and if you have a class in May 08, please reserve a seat for me.

DZSO
Old 02-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #15
chucktab
I did what? When?

Oddometer: 95
A noob ride sounds like a great idea. I've ridden the areas of the west desert, dirt roads, some rock, etc. but would like to gain a lot more experience on that. Now if this snow would only melt away.....