User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2008, 05:11 AM   #1
kittycactus OP
Banned

Oddometer: 578
Husky TE250 Owners Sign-in!

Contrary to what some people say, the Italian made Husky is still a Husky .

Mine is an 07 purchased in November 07 and since taking this picture we've removed 9 pounds of accessories, including blinkers and all the smog equipment. Installed the JD jet kit and did the other must do mods according to the guys on TT and George at Uptite Racing (a very helpful and uptight man indeed).

Post em up!

kittycactus screwed with this post 02-16-2008 at 06:48 AM
kittycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:54 AM   #2
tbirdsp
REMF

Oddometer: 8,657
Thumb

Attached Images

http://www.reddeliciousband.com
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
tbirdsp
REMF

Oddometer: 8,657
Another one
Attached Images

http://www.reddeliciousband.com
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
robhar54
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Woo hoo! Our own thread!

Here I am on my first ever dirt ride, on the TE250 that was shortly thereafter to become my first ever dirt bike....

And here's Lambo's ride report:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307887

I have a deposit down on a F800GS...which of course has been delayed until September or October. So I started thinking, hey, I'll get a dual sport thumper instead...so started looking seriously at a G650X or TE610E. After riding the TE250 though, it became really clear to me that THIS was the bike to learn to ride in the dirt on. As it turned out Lambo was amenable to selling the bike... The deal was done. I'm in the process of getting appropriate boots and armor, looking forward to getting out and learning how to do this!

Lambo had already done a great job setting up the bike with the JD jet kit, rerouting breather hoses, and an IMS tank. My next step is to figure out how to carry lightweight overnight camping gear, for the occasional foray. Seems it is possible to fit anything that fits the TE450 or TE510.

Rob in Seattle
Old 02-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,272
Post often. I'm thinking about getting one. I will follow this thread to see if they're right for me. Street legal lightweight trail/race bike. Right?
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,174
Yep, that's a good description of a TE250

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #7
EuroFreek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Here's My buddy Paul's '06 with my '04 laying to the side. This is the two day Suzuki dual sport in Louden, NH two years ago.
I'll get some newer pics when she's back together. Just installed the 300 kit from Athena along with new plastic and the usual eastern type maintenance due to MUDD
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
EuroFreek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
here 's my buddy Steve at the same event wishing he had a Husky
The TE 250 of any year is a great race or trail bike. Some '04's had valve issues-I changed mine to stainless steel.
The bike has been very reliable and a blast to ride. I've been downsizing my dirtbikes. i find less weight and power combined with good brakes and suspension has made me faster and less tired.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #9
kittycactus OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket
Post often. I'm thinking about getting one. I will follow this thread to see if they're right for me. Street legal lightweight trail/race bike. Right?
Hey Rusty, you should take a peek over at Thumpertalk in the Husky Forum. Some very knowledgable guys and some good technical info and threads on just about any issue you can think of with the Huskys. Lots of discussion right now on the 08's with EFI.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:25 AM   #10
kittycactus OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhar54
Woo hoo! Our own thread!

Here I am on my first ever dirt ride, on the TE250 that was shortly thereafter to become my first ever dirt bike....

And here's Lambo's ride report:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307887

I have a deposit down on a F800GS...which of course has been delayed until September or October. So I started thinking, hey, I'll get a dual sport thumper instead...so started looking seriously at a G650X or TE610E. After riding the TE250 though, it became really clear to me that THIS was the bike to learn to ride in the dirt on. As it turned out Lambo was amenable to selling the bike... The deal was done. I'm in the process of getting appropriate boots and armor, looking forward to getting out and learning how to do this!

Lambo had already done a great job setting up the bike with the JD jet kit, rerouting breather hoses, and an IMS tank. My next step is to figure out how to carry lightweight overnight camping gear, for the occasional foray. Seems it is possible to fit anything that fits the TE450 or TE510.

Rob in Seattle
Wow Rob! That's a pretty nice bike for your first one. I had to work my way up through a series of shitty bikes before I was able to convince my husband that I was "worthy" of a decent bike!

Did the previous owner replace the radiator hose and fitting connector from a T to a Y? Apparently that's a weak point on the bike. Here's a link if you want to read up on it: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...4&postcount=35
Old 02-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #11
robhar54
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycactus
Wow Rob! That's a pretty nice bike for your first one. I had to work my way up through a series of shitty bikes before I was able to convince my husband that I was "worthy" of a decent bike!

Did the previous owner replace the radiator hose and fitting connector from a T to a Y? Apparently that's a weak point on the bike. Here's a link if you want to read up on it: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...4&postcount=35
LOL--thanks! The TE250 is my first real dirt bike...(though it is a dual sport.) See my sig line... My first bike was a '78 Yamaha SR500.

I have to ask Lambo about the radiator hose... The bike came with spare countershaft and rear sprockets, spare air cleaner, JD jet kit, radiator guards, skid plate, exhaust guard, Fastways hand guards, and he had already one one way carb vents routed up under the seat and a one-way drain out of the airbox. Now I can get into REALLY deep water....

Rob in Seattle
Old 02-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #12
sled_rider
DESERT ADV RIDER

Oddometer: 113
Here is mine
RACING

and RIDING

sled_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #13
Sonymalc
I'm Just Here

Oddometer: 441
Sweeet.

I too have a husky TE250, but it has been converted to a 310 , If you really want to make this bike the ultimate do the athena 300 kit. It is well worth every penny. The other 2 TE250 riders I rode with put them on theres after riding mine.

I really love this bike, currently I have the electrical system for the lights torn off it and I am making a completly new harness that will be better then factory clean I hope.

FOLLOW ME ON MY SPOT

2007 BMW G650X Challenge
2004 Husqvarna TE250 now a 310
1997 BMW R1100RT
1997 Fantic Section 250
1972 Honda SL70
1990 Honda Transalp (sold)
Dreaming of that new GS1200

Lowrance iFINDER Expedition™ C
Lowrance XOG
Sonymalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #14
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,243
cool bikes,
how big of a fuel tank can you put on? max range and all that.
thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #15
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,272
How quiet are they with the stock exhaust, and will they run that way or are they too weak? I would like nothing better than to only have to put on a skid plate and barkbusters.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is online now   Reply With Quote