ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #151
rvandersteen
On Wisconsin!

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powershouse
You did stop to climb the Timms Hill Fire Tower when you did RR 1, didn't you? It's the highest object on the highest point in Wisconsin.
Nope... I knew it was the highest point in the state, but needed to keep on trucking!
SW Motech Centerstand, MadStad Windshield Mount, Givi E460 Topcase, (2) E41 Keyless Sidecases, Zumo 550, ThrottleBoss, Spencer's Seat Mod, Hot Grips w/ HeatTroller, 5 Function Digital Voltmeter/Thermometer, 30 fl oz. MSR Fuel Bottle in a John Deere Owner's Manual Case
rvandersteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #152
BENRON
I'm Mr. Crabtree

Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerockz
You produce the commemorative sticker and GPS file and I'll ride it. With out the sticker your just a wannabe...

OK How stupid are we...

So far for a sticker I have ridden 2000+ miles. I need to ride like another 4000+ and stay overnight somewhere so I can get the lower eastern RR.

I get 50mpg so... + hotel... that is a ~$500 sticker.
Thread UPDATED

PM me your email, I'll send over the files.
BENRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #153
lonerockz
Permanent n00b

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENRON
Thread UPDATED

PM me your email, I'll send over the files.
Oh Jesus H. Christ on a Popsicle Stick!
IBA #37625 (Earned in 98 Awarded in 2009... Yeah I'm a little lazy sometimes...)
Rustic Roads Century Progress
lonerockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:26 AM   #154
jonsom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Hey folks here is my planned ride for Saturday. Leaving Twin Cities before 8:00am. 8 Rustics. 621 miles. On bike time according to BITB is 12:18. Rally pace so two fuel stops @20 min + 3 minutes per RR; total time ~13:30.

If anyone is interested in joining let me know. I realize this is not a flower sniffing pace, so I don't expect any takers, but always nice to have a ride partner.

I would like to go on this ride, but my work hours really screw up trying to have a "normal" life.

Looks like I will slowly pick away at this all summer.
jonsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:09 AM   #155
Coopdway
Curiouser

Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN rider
Looks like I will slowly pick away at this all summer.
....sounds a lot better to me.

I'm having more fun connecting them than doing them. To each his own.
-----------------------------
Coop's Corner
Coopdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #156
lonerockz
Permanent n00b

Cold and wet... But still got 8 more, for 49 total. I managed to get the first 6 done in the dry. Elapsed time... 13:27! Can you believe I was only 3 minutes off from my estimate? Would have been a little faster, but my first gas stop was 10 minutes longer to put on another layer! Thank god for Polarfleece pants!

Oh and thanks rvandersteen for the warning on 105. There was indeed no sign at either end. I did however see tire tracks at several signs! I bet they were yours. If you look close you can tell on my RR1 pic there is another set of tracks.

Powershouse, cant say as I saw any ladies...

Here are the pics:

IBA #37625 (Earned in 98 Awarded in 2009... Yeah I'm a little lazy sometimes...)

lonerockz screwed with this post 06-06-2009 at 09:34 PM
Old 06-07-2009, 06:02 AM   #157
bipbap
JM Speedbump

Oddometer: 611
RRs without signs

Maybe we can put together a list of RRs that do not have signs or have other significant issues. I'd be willing to keep the list right here on this email, if people want to send me the info. So far, I think we have this:

RR 105 - No signage
RR 106 - No signage
RR 84 - Closed due to flooding
bipbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #158
rvandersteen
On Wisconsin!

Quote:
Oh and thanks rvandersteen for the warning on 105. There was indeed no sign at either end. I did however see tire tracks at several signs! I bet they were yours. If you look close you can tell on my RR1 pic there is another set of tracks.
They probably are my tracks! Did you go all the way to the end of RR1, to the historic marker? I actually started in the middle and ended up doing it twice, which was more than okay! It was one of my favorites :).

Looks like you were at a pretty fast pace, congrats~! I'm off the grid for a while... I sent my seat down to Spencer's in FL to get reconstructed. Can't wait to get it back in about 1.5 weeks...
SW Motech Centerstand, MadStad Windshield Mount, Givi E460 Topcase, (2) E41 Keyless Sidecases, Zumo 550, ThrottleBoss, Spencer's Seat Mod, Hot Grips w/ HeatTroller, 5 Function Digital Voltmeter/Thermometer, 30 fl oz. MSR Fuel Bottle in a John Deere Owner's Manual Case
Old 06-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #159
lonerockz
Permanent n00b

Yes I did the whole road, but I did not stop and look at the sign. These are rally training runs, so no time to sniff the roses. My 13:27 is door to door and includes all stop time, so no time to do any extras.

Dude, seat mods are for the winter! You cant mail that off in prime riding season!

I did have one casualty on the ride. Lost a paddock stand spool on the left side! Somewhere between RR62 and RR58/59. Ah well... Locktite next time!
Old 06-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #160
rvandersteen
On Wisconsin!

Quote:
Dude, seat mods are for the winter! You cant mail that off in prime riding season!
I didn't have the foresight.... plus I'm moving into a new casa and will be traveling for work, so there will be really no time lost.

Got a big trip planned to NW WI and MN/Canada in August and I'll be glad I have it then!
Old 06-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #161
*Gravy*
Jedi Loser

Oddometer: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvandersteen
I didn't have the foresight.... plus I'm moving into a new casa and will be traveling for work, so there will be really no time lost.

Got a big trip planned to NW WI and MN/Canada in August and I'll be glad I have it then!
Just in case you get desperate - I've got an extra DL650 seat up here in Forest Lake. It's yours if you need to borrow it for a bit.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #162
rvandersteen
On Wisconsin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Gravy*
Just in case you get desperate - I've got an extra DL650 seat up here in Forest Lake. It's yours if you need to borrow it for a bit.
I appreciate that! I should be good, too much packing and other stuff in preparation for this weekend's move to take up all my evenings/weekends .

I'll PM you if I change my mind
Old 06-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #163
C Squared
Now with TURBO!

Oddometer: 6,645
More

RR 10 and 86 on he way to Petries to meet Jonah Street and see his 690 Adv

Nice guy and a cool story.

C Squared screwed with this post 12-12-2010 at 01:24 PM
C Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #164
C Squared
Now with TURBO!

Oddometer: 6,645

Rr 86

C Squared screwed with this post 12-12-2010 at 01:24 PM
C Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #165
woodland_hank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Long time lurker, first time poster. Finally got a decent bike this spring and started riding the Rustic Roads in April. I'm up to 32 RR as of last night when I rode #8 & #40 in Brown Co.

Image upload keeps failing - otherwise I'd have pics...

woodland_hank screwed with this post 06-14-2009 at 08:58 AM
woodland_hank is offline   Reply With Quote