Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #31
arnsines
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
I learned how to ride on my 79 trail 90. I beat the living crap out of that bike and it never left us stranded. I sold it to my cousin and he rigged up a vacuum cleaner hose up to the air intake and ran the hose up his back and drove that bike under 11 feet of water. It proved to me the duribility of Honda bikes.
02 XR650L (I'd sell my wife first)
arnsines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #32
Streamin' E
Half-assed adventurer

Oddometer: 1,424
I have a line on a '67. It's got an alternative (non telescopic fork) design. Are they problematic?
Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their “betters.”- Tom Sowell
Streamin' E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #33
Pwnzilla
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Oddometer: 226
I just bought a 1976 CT90 last spring and restored it to the best of my ability without dumping money into it. Ran like a champ for a few weeks but it needs a new battery and final drive, no major problems just haven't ordered the parts yet.

The Honda CT90/110 is one of my favorite bikes.

http://www.feralcatbrotherhood.blogspot.com
Pwnzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #34
SkinnyFatMan
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Trail 90 Adventure

Hello, Here is a picture of my 70' Trail 90. 7k miles and runs strong.I have had numerous adventures on this bike here in the mountains and high desert.This was my first vehicle here and it has made its way through some snow in its time. The cell phone picture is from a little unexpected weather I woke up to a couple of weekends ago..20 miles through the Sierras in a small whiteout. Very fun and I cannot wait for more. A very stable and capable bike and I love the low range on the tight trails.Everyone needs one of these!
Attached Images

SkinnyFatMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #35
SkinnyFatMan
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Trail 90 Adventure

Here is another photo,one of the first camping trips and minimal packing equipment..but it got the job done and it was a blast at 25mph! The next time I brought fire wood..ha ha.Now there are small ammo can "panniers" and a 1 gallon removable aux tank, a little weighty but worth it.They create a wider mounting surface and are easily removable.Also fresh IRC trials since photo..nice tires.
Attached Images

SkinnyFatMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #36
Kiwi-Roscoe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Good to see a thread on these bikes. In this country Honda have put these bikes back on the market again exactly as they were when first introduced. These were very popular on farms in this country and many were purchased as a replacement for horses.

I was on a farm yesterday and saw a heap of these piled up behind a shed, a couple looked complete but there were plenty of parts there.

A problem now is getting a knobbly tyre to fit the narrow rims.

Roscoe
Old 04-08-2011, 02:13 AM   #37
Bendernz
Torrential

Oddometer: 506
I had one of those Hooker headers on an SL125 - it was good looking and a very good header.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ400SK4 View Post

My first bike was a CT125 (a.k.a. TRAIL 125), which was really just an XL125 with a comfy seat. This is me with that bike, 30 years ago. Note the Hooker Header downpipe (my first 'mod')...

Bendernz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #38
martysgone
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Two weeks ago we rode the White Rim in 12 hours from Moab ending at a little bar on Main street. Last weekend we slogged through tons of rain and mud on some trails on the Wasatch Plataea. It was so bad we had to pull off the front fenders to keep them from packing up. I love these little bikes. You just can't stop them. If I can figure out how to post pics I will share some truly great photos (who doesn't think photos of their bike outdoors aren't great?)

I have been taking my 1970 Trail 90 in quite a few adventures, more this summer than my xr650r actually. It makes all the Utah forest service roads into a much more epic ride. What can be blasted out in a day on big bikes turns into a multiday adventure. So far to date I have recruited 3 others to buy 90's and join in on the fun. We load them up and take off. You can't believe the looks you get. I keep wanting to put Alaska plates on mine and start telling tall tales to all the curious people we meet.
martysgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #39
Mgizler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
I learned to ride On one when I as 6 years old. And it's still in my garage 26 yrs later. I'll get a pic up
Mgizler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #40
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 520
http://

A buddy's 90 next to my then new to me 640...
Old 07-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #41
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,195
the true Adv model was the 55, I had one, in the 60's, '65 model, had a 72 tooth rear sprocket. I've always said I started out on a 55, and I'll wind up on a 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimarshats View Post
Maybe I need to learn to search better, can't find any threads for awsome Honda trail 90/110. Are they too old? Too small? Too foo foo? I have a several different bikes now, and have owned dozens, evertime I ride this little Honda it puts a smile on my face. Thinking about taking a few overnight camping/trail riding trips in the Sierra's this summer. There must be a few of you ADVriders willing to come out of closet! Let me here from you.

P.S. If to shy send me a pm
Old 11-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #42
Snr Moment
Unafarkler

Oddometer: 2,184
Now looking at these. I've finally been cleared to ride again after my crash a year and change ago.
The family has accepted the idea of a scooter. This is the scoot I'm looking for now. Prices seem to be coming down around here as winter sets in. Starting to look at specs/info/mods/& whatever on them.

YAAK
Snr Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #43
mischief
misadventurer

Oddometer: 431
??

Has anyone found a way to convert an older '68 from 6 volt to 12 volt?
thx
Christi

IMG_0632 by mischief87105, on Flickr