Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2008, 06:10 AM   #16
desert rider
SWL

Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOLAHS
So Charlie Boorman tells it as HE sees it. You are a miserable load of shits to denigrate him because he has the luxury of being able to do what a lot of us dream about. Jeezus what are you all about here whingeing about someone who has the freedom to do what most of us would like to do.What he did in the Dakar took a lot of guts, and this OZ thing of bringing the icons down is a failure in Oz society to recognise SUCCESS.

Totally agree with you Molahs,the problem with most people is they are to busy whinging and complaining and blaming every other f$%^#$%^ for their current situtation in life ,that they can't get off there sorry arse and try and change there own situation or give someone credit for achiving something that they can't.Unfortunaly 90% of the population are like this .
desert rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:02 AM   #17
thaddius
Go Hard or Go Home

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rider
Totally agree with you Molahs,the problem with most people is they are to busy whinging and complaining and blaming every other f$%^#$%^ for their current situtation in life ,that they can't get off there sorry arse and try and change there own situation or give someone credit for achiving something that they can't.Unfortunaly 90% of the population are like this .
Gimme a break. It's handed to him on a platter, and he still whines.

If it was any of us, being paid to ride someone else's bike, stuck in the mud, we'd be saying "how good's this?!"
thaddius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #18
diabolik37
Push Dumb C***

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_343
Interview with Charlie Boorman that is kinda interesting. He has a new show in the works called "By any means" and also he is putting his hand up for Dakar South America 2009. Watch the video:
http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1980

Love him or hate him, at least he is out doing it... the lucky bastage!

Charlie who??

Is that the guy that works on the new series on ABC "playground"???

I think I'm gonna be sick....

Burt
diabolik37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #19
* SHAG *
Unstable

Oddometer: 4,338
I met Charlie at the Toronto Show after Long Way Round. Shook his hand & got his autograph. Stop bashing my friend
05-GS- Rock Red 92k
06-GS- Dakar-40k Sold
* SHAG * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #20
Shmerel

Oddometer: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOLAHS
So Charlie Boorman tells it as HE sees it. You are a miserable load of shits to denigrate him because he has the luxury of being able to do what a lot of us dream about. Jeezus what are you all about here whingeing about someone who has the freedom to do what most of us would like to do.What he did in the Dakar took a lot of guts, and this OZ thing of bringing the icons down is a failure in Oz society to recognise SUCCESS.
FFS, mole, if you want to start an argumwent, there's surely be a better way than that.

charlie's a turd, and you know it (unless you're related to her)
Shmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:16 PM   #21
edo1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Haha...yeah he is a sook & he doesnt need to be but consider his position before LWR.

He was a failed actor, really only got a role when his old man was the director of the film. He found a mate in Ewan who's career went nuts shortly after that. They maintained the friendship & got the whole LWR thing organised. It was successful way beyond what they could possibly have imagined.
Finally, Chuck has become someone who is recognised & has some sort of marketability. So he goes ahead & capitalises on that fame & gets a free crack at the Dakar. Then after that being a bit of a failure (in terms of being a DNF not the series itself) he hauls his old mate back into the fold & does LWD...this ensures he continues to be paid for what he likes doing (being a celebrity & riding bikes) a long time after the LWD has finished. It realistically ensures he gets a paid run at any event or adventure he wants to go on.
Thats not bad if you can do it...

He sure does sook a lot though
edo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:31 PM   #22
mrich12000
Canadian traveller VE3CEH

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64
he try's
New home
Calgary, Alberta
Show your Ham ticket. Support our troops!!
Unauthorized personal will be driven to the detainment centre in Zacharia district and made to look for IED's
mrich12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:15 PM   #23
Shmerel

Oddometer: 11,152
one thing for sure: as soon as greg flicks this to jm, all the yanks will dive in to say what a great boke charlie is, how at least he did it, how they'de all like to do it but can't afford it, how overly critical we are, yarda, yarda, yarda.

HE'S A POOFTER!!

for our american friends, thaty means he's a limp wristed pillow bighter. and a wanker to boot.
Shmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #24
trailjeff
crash and burn

Oddometer: 157
he has done well for a failed actor then he was working as a kitchen installer then a bmw ride to todays events and now makes a living out of something he loves cant blame him for what hes got, hes def not everyones cup of tea though and nor are any of us .maybe i should go do some acting and then kitchen installer haha
Old 02-27-2008, 11:49 PM   #25
Squily
Squily

Oddometer: 1,221
I like charlie

He proved anybody can do it if you want to. Just because he doesn't fit the "tough-arsed" biker look doesn't mean he is a poofter.

He just likes to embelish like most of us and gets paid for doing so. Its not what you've got, but how you sell it.

Squily
Squily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:35 AM   #26
Mitchamus
I do my own stunts..

Oddometer: 315
fuckit... everyone else had a say..

I think he's funny, and a genuine person... who loves his wife & kids..

Yeah he's a bit of a whiner.. but show me a pom who's not??

He can't really change what he already is....

and seriously....

If it means I don't have to sit through one epsiode of:
So you think your a fuckwit...
Big Buggered...
or Austalian A-hole...
Well that will be fan-fucking-tastic....

Mitchamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #27
InertiaDRZ400
AusSafari Addict

Oddometer: 583
It's funny that the majority are here whinging about charlie doing something you aint doing. And if you look really closely, you are even whinging at him whinging. At least he is whinging while DOING the dakar. You on the other hand are sitting behind a glowing screen having a Virtual Whinge while possibly thinking how you would like to do the Dakar.

I give the guy credit. If most people were given a s**t load of money then most would not do something like the dakar in which you could lose more than money. And unless you have ever done the dakar i cant see how you can comment on the emotions involved in it. For if you havent just sat in front of the tv and watched the series , but read the book you see that in almost every page simon pavey and matt repeatedly say how much they miss there wives.

Maybe people should have a deep breath to allow the blood to reach there brain before making a useless and inconsiderate post !

Safari 2011 ! ........anticipation!
InertiaDRZ400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:05 AM   #28
Paves
Beetrt/liver sausage

Oddometer: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaDR650
It's funny that the majority are here whinging about charlie doing something you aint doing. And if you look really closely, you are even whinging at him whinging. At least he is whinging while DOING the dakar. You on the other hand are sitting behind a glowing screen having a Virtual Whinge while possibly thinking how you would like to do the Dakar.

I give the guy credit. If most people were given a s**t load of money then most would not do something like the dakar in which you could lose more than money. And unless you have ever done the dakar i cant see how you can comment on the emotions involved in it. For if you havent just sat in front of the tv and watched the series , but read the book you see that in almost every page simon pavey and matt repeatedly say how much they miss there wives.

Maybe people should have a deep breath to allow the blood to reach there brain before making a useless and inconsiderate post !
Well said Inertia.

"All the freaky people make the beauty in the world" - Michael Franty. Weird, odd and proud of it
Paves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:27 AM   #29
Mitchamus
I do my own stunts..

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaDR650

Mitchamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:12 AM   #30
BurnieM
Nipple boy

Oddometer: 4,104
Fuck that !

Without useless, inconsiderate and inadequately thought out posts the internet and this forum would not exist

Charlie is a winging poofer but I would swap places with him in a microsecond
BurnieM is offline   Reply With Quote