User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2008, 03:11 AM   #31
AUS CRUZER
Lets Cruz

Oddometer: 2,409
My 2 cents,
I think Charlie and Ewan are legends in there own right.They may of had money behind them but you need alot more than money to organise the things they have achieved,firstly guts and determination.Not to mention putting adventure riding on the map for all of us and showing manufactures we do exist.I would love to sit down and have a beer and a chat with em anytime.There livn the dream,good on em.
AUS CRUZER
AUS CRUZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:24 AM   #32
Fred Gassit
z00b

Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnieM
Fuck that !

Without useless, inconsiderate and inadequately thought out posts the internet and this forum would not exist

Charlie is a winging poofer but I would swap places with him in a microsecond
Sad but true.

He and his mate embarrassed motorcyclists the world over during the gonad soup episode.
Half his luck, the bloody wanker.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:56 AM   #33
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,431
Wanted: I need someone to ride a great bike with me, halfway around the world, on some magnificent trails/tracks, visiting out of the way places, with all the support you could wish for, oh and totally funded.

Your Requirement: Must be able to over-dramatise situations, cry at the drop of a hat (or bike), get excited at the mere site of anything, and sell the situation to half the bike riders around the world in the form of a DVD or TV series.

Apply here: Tell me who wouldn't put their hands up, and do whatever it takes to make it work, when are they doing auditions for the next one - I can cry as good as the next guy - honest!

Leave the guy alone, sure he rubbed us up the wrong way, but fellas, he's the one who had all the fun!!!!!!!!!

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:32 AM   #34
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
Wanted: I need someone to ride a great bike with me, halfway around the world, on some magnificent trails/tracks, visiting out of the way places, with all the support you could wish for, oh and totally funded.

Your Requirement: Must be able to over-dramatise situations, cry at the drop of a hat (or bike), get excited at the mere site of anything, and sell the situation to half the bike riders around the world in the form of a DVD or TV series.

Apply here: Tell me who wouldn't put their hands up, and do whatever it takes to make it work, when are they doing auditions for the next one - I can cry as good as the next guy - honest!

Leave the guy alone, sure he rubbed us up the wrong way, but fellas, he's the one who had all the fun!!!!!!!!!
Spot on trev. I've watched all three DVD's LWR, Dakar & LWD sure lots of over drama for the TV but people have watched them & it's done for entertainment.
Plus some of the places would be great to visit on a bike, take it for what it is "entertainment" for the masses. Not everyone that watched the DVD's ride bikes & it's better than most of the rubbish on the TV.
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:46 AM   #35
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK
Spot on trev. I've watched all three DVD's LWR, Dakar & LWD sure lots of over drama for the TV but people have watched them & it's done for entertainment.
Plus some of the places would be great to visit on a bike, take it for what it is "entertainment" for the masses. Not everyone that watched the DVD's ride bikes & it's better than most of the rubbish on the TV.
Glad you agree Terry. I had tears in my eyes last Sunday trying to lift my bike up out of a bloody creekbed, and there was no-one watching either, but then again I'd just crushed and separated the ligaments in the AC joint of my right shoulder.......shit those DR650's are heavy, and they go down with a thud too.. the flat tyre on the way home wasn't even worth talking about, and I was nowhere near Mongolia................and 'action'.

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #36
stevo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
I chose a 650GS partly because of LWR,(an 1150 is too fukin big for me)
After reading and watching RTD, i thought hes a spoiled twat and didnt commit himself to the challenge, i.e training before the event,fitness,etc,didnt seem to acnowlege simon paveys advice.
I think he must have been unapreciative of what he had handed to him on a plate.And the producer seems like a cunt.I thought they were doing it for financial gain,and not for 'the challenge of a lifetime' and all those cheesy lines.

Because of that i didnt watch one episode of LWD.

When non biker friends ask me if a saw LWD, they cant comprehend why i dont like it.
stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #37
BurnieM
Nipple boy

Oddometer: 4,104
I think part of it is that we are just feed up with 'reality tv' that is just not real.

In life you do not artifically wind people up (unless you are a prick) and you do not react dramatically to every small incident (unless you are a drama queen).
But in life I do steer away from both types of people.

Yes, if it was real we would probably watch less of it but now the volume of unreal tv is having the same effect
BurnieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #38
rossf650dakar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Well, he seemed nice enough when I met him. Was very interested in my KTM950, even though he was there to talk about their trip and the Bimmers.

Reading these posts, I think I've been redirected to a "Very grumpy old men" forum, with a lot of people burning up with jealousy over anyone who dares have more fun or bigger adventures than they did.

Lighten up people, it's only TV.
Attached Images

rossf650dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #39
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,674
I'm still waiting for the punch line....

Blokes, it's a video grab of how long? It looks much like it was an unscripted, just talk some shit whilst we frame the shot & get the sound & light levels correct. The yanks sell these by the DVD as 'outtakes', yes? Remember them?

I thought it was funny.

And, insofar as the various books etc are concerned, you've got to remember that they are edited and wont show the boring bits. Possibly thousands of hours of tape & hundred of pages of notes and records down to a consumable product.

S'pose you'd recognise that I don't have a problem with C&E. Good luck to them both. I wish I was with them, or with Rossco on LWU, or any one of the ride reports that I read here. Truth be stated, I can have a bit of a whinge too.

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #40
GoNOW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,544
Might as well toss in my two bits.

Charlie is one of those personalty types I can't stand. The kind that generally don't have a lot of money and whine about it, and when they do scrap together some cash to get a new toy, they hardly ever take it out. Always some reason to say at home. But that is just how they think.

Now, if I had a buddy that would finance trips around the world, you bet I would take it. And I don't see nothing wrong with having a support crew with you. I think it's a requirement if you have a family at home. The point is the trip, not the bragging rights that you did it on your own with a scooter, with one flat tire, up hill all the way, etc.

RTD was quite good, once Charlie was out of the race. Then it became a documentary about the race. Charlie made a surprisely good show host in interviewing the other racers. I would have been very happy with a show that followed a few racers from prep to race, with Charlie as the host.
GoNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #41
S2W
I said wax ON you idiot!

Oddometer: 3,351
Charlie's pretty cool.

Shit, he swears like a sailor, rides reaonably well and lights his own farts sitting around the camp fire at night. Considering all that, how much of a tosser can he really be. Sounds like the sort of guy that would fit right in with any of us on a ride

He's just bent out of shape a bit cause he has to hang around with "Pony Boy"

You'd whinge too if the only way you could finance another adventure is to drag that imcompetent, snivelling little snag out of every bog hole in Africa!

Old 02-29-2008, 01:47 AM   #42
Shmerel

Oddometer: 11,152
good point steve.

fucken ewen. fucken.
Shmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:48 AM   #43
Shmerel

Oddometer: 11,152
good point steve.

fucken ewen. fucken.
Shmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:31 AM   #44
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 7,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmerel
like a girl.

and he whinges like one too.
Yes. eveyone, EVERYONE, whinges about him but hands up how many HAVE THE GUTS to attempt what he has?...............anyone,? anyone?

Didn't think so.
TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:35 AM   #45
rosscoact
need constant supervision

Oddometer: 5,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
Glad you agree Terry. I had tears in my eyes last Sunday trying to lift my bike up out of a bloody creekbed, and there was no-one watching either, but then again I'd just crushed and separated the ligaments in the AC joint of my right shoulder.......shit those DR650's are heavy, and they go down with a thud too.. the flat tyre on the way home wasn't even worth talking about, and I was nowhere near Mongolia................and 'action'.
bloody whinger

www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
rosscoact is offline   Reply With Quote