Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2008, 03:29 AM   #46
diabolik37
Push Dumb C***

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaDR650
It's funny that the majority are here whinging about charlie doing something you aint doing. And if you look really closely, you are even whinging at him whinging. At least he is whinging while DOING the dakar. You on the other hand are sitting behind a glowing screen having a Virtual Whinge while possibly thinking how you would like to do the Dakar.

I give the guy credit. If most people were given a s**t load of money then most would not do something like the dakar in which you could lose more than money. And unless you have ever done the dakar i cant see how you can comment on the emotions involved in it. For if you havent just sat in front of the tv and watched the series , but read the book you see that in almost every page simon pavey and matt repeatedly say how much they miss there wives.

Maybe people should have a deep breath to allow the blood to reach there brain before making a useless and inconsiderate post !
Including Yourself? Obviously not...

But you do have a point. Please go and do a Paris-Dakar or even just a bit of Africa as a holiday and then come back to me and tell me again how much credit your mate charlie has got left....

I think you are missing the point of what going around the world on a motorbike is all about. And they missed it as well. Unfortunately that's the way it goes today....
Take care..

Burt
diabolik37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:38 AM   #47
What's his Face
lost as

Oddometer: 3,559
don't watch it

All the deadshits who shitcan these guys don't have to watch it

no one is holding a gun to your head
What's his Face is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:39 AM   #48
diabolik37
Push Dumb C***

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDave
Yes. eveyone, EVERYONE, whinges about him but hands up how many HAVE THE GUTS to attempt what he has?...............anyone,? anyone?

Didn't think so.

You can't be possibly serious. Why would you required guts to do what he did
and in the way he did it???
diabolik37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:50 AM   #49
MOLAHS
Sisyphus

Oddometer: 1,649
Oh don't worry about Schmerel & STW

Quote:
Quote:
Yes. eveyone, EVERYONE, whinges about him but hands up how many HAVE THE GUTS to attempt what he has?...............anyone,? anyone?
These two haven't the guts to do anything but attend a W/E party for people that do. They think their presence amongst RTW travellers will give them a credibility they simply do not deserve. To put it simply they are a bunch of wankers. And simply ignore their meanderings

Didn't think so.
MOLAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:53 AM   #50
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,579
I would hate to see a doco on me riding anywhere....I don't talk at all, just ride so it would be bloody boring.

Anyone ever tried to video stuff & make it interesting, I find it harder than riding.
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:59 PM   #51
Tropical Bird
From the front line

Oddometer: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK
I would hate to see a doco on me riding anywhere....I don't talk at all, just ride so it would be bloody boring.

Anyone ever tried to video stuff & make it interesting, I find it harder than riding.
I suffered through LWD. It was a load of self indulgent shit.

FFS, they had a support crew and lots of money....and all they did was piss and moan.

Wankers.

Adventure?

Ha ha ha.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:23 AM   #52
auRoscoe
Cerebral Failure!

Oddometer: 460
I like their stuff... now if you want something dead set boring try reading Twisting Throttle, now that is utter shit.

auRoscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:13 AM   #53
Shmerel

Oddometer: 11,152
Quote:

Didn't think so.
cut it out, dave.

with that sort of $ behind him it could make anyone, you and me included, look good.

he's still a whinging pom. ewen's worse, the stupid twat that he is.
and, nastry, i did switch the box off.
Shmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:44 AM   #54
Eaglebeak
Aussie BM rider, West Oz.

Oddometer: 1,835
Quote:

Didn't think so.

Sorry Dave,
I've stayed out of this for a while as I've posted before on the subject.
But I couldn't let this one go.

Yeah I've got guts, I've paddled a two person wooden framed, canvas covered kayak from Cape York to New Guinea (1994)
My mate and I didn't take a phucking support boat or a camera crew.
We faced sharks, 6-7 knot currents, crocs, howling phucking wind, you name it, we had it.
But we didn't winge.

Then later I paddled across to Tassie from Wilsons Prom. (1998).
Was I scared, yeah, but I believed in myself.

They were both adventures because the outcomes were unknown.

It's not an adventure when the outcome is always know, fall off, break an arm, hell the doctor in the support vehicle will fix it and then drive you home ! No waiting in some shitty local hospital.
BMW were always there to back them up. Hell they fixed the cockup on the camera bike and got it to Alaska for them !

And to those that say "they brought adventure riding into the mainstream, now manufacturers are building bikes for us."

Hell they always built bikes for us ! Any bike is capable of adventure. Ask some long time BM riders where they have taken their bikes in the last 30 years. Or any little trailie that's been taken up the centre road, hell I've seen scooters on that road. Damm that's right, I cycled it solo myself in 1996.

Do people need to see Ewen ride before they buy a bike themselves ? ?
Aussies were buying bikes in Europe and riding them overland back to Oz in the 70's. No back up team, wow they must have had guts !

There are so many unsung real hereos out there, riding, climbing, paddling, cycling, etc in the most obscure places. Then someone else at work notices I ride a bike
"ooo have you seen that film of Ewen blah, blah ?

If they'd left the team behind and filmed it themselves they'd get a bit more respect from me.

They had a nice ride and made a nice little travel film to show their wives but spare me the ...."what an adventure, what guts !"

Andrew Linton
Eaglebeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:01 AM   #55
Knackers
Polishing Turds

Oddometer: 4,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebeak
Sorry Dave,
I've stayed out of this for a while as I've posted before on the subject.
But I couldn't let this one go.

Yeah I've got guts, I've paddled a two person wooden framed, canvas covered kayak from Cape York to New Guinea (1994)
My mate and I didn't take a phucking support boat or a camera crew.
We faced sharks, 6-7 knot currents, crocs, howling phucking wind, you name it, we had it.
But we didn't winge.

Then later I paddled across to Tassie from Wilsons Prom. (1998).
Was I scared, yeah, but I believed in myself.

They were both adventures because the outcomes were unknown.

It's not an adventure when the outcome is always know, fall off, break an arm, hell the doctor in the support vehicle will fix it and then drive you home ! No waiting in some shitty local hospital.
BMW were always there to back them up. Hell they fixed the cockup on the camera bike and got it to Alaska for them !

And to those that say "they brought adventure riding into the mainstream, now manufacturers are building bikes for us."

Hell they always built bikes for us ! Any bike is capable of adventure. Ask some long time BM riders where they have taken their bikes in the last 30 years. Or any little trailie that's been taken up the centre road, hell I've seen scooters on that road. Damm that's right, I cycled it solo myself in 1996.

Do people need to see Ewen ride before they buy a bike themselves ? ?
Aussies were buying bikes in Europe and riding them overland back to Oz in the 70's. No back up team, wow they must have had guts !

There are so many unsung real hereos out there, riding, climbing, paddling, cycling, etc in the most obscure places. Then someone else at work notices I ride a bike
"ooo have you seen that film of Ewen blah, blah ?

If they'd left the team behind and filmed it themselves they'd get a bit more respect from me.

They had a nice ride and made a nice little travel film to show their wives but spare me the ...."what an adventure, what guts !"

Andrew Linton
Hear hear!

I really liked LWR but the shows have gone downhill from there, but still enjoyable. They were good, entertaining TELEVISION. If you think Ewan and Charlie did it tough then you are sorely mistaken. Just enjoy them for what they are, slick, well edited, enjoyable productions.

Nobody thinks Rambo is a real war hero do they?

It just happened, Max, you know?

A p-p-p-p-piece from here and a p-p-p-piece from there.
Knackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 AM   #56
kneeslider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Cool2 Poor old Charlie

Like what he & his mate have done, wish I could do the same, but time, money & age keep me to things a little less adventurous.

We all should be as lucky a Charlie to been able to do what he has. God thing he has this, as an actor, he's a better rider! Now his mate can act!

Anything any of accomplish at the maximum of our individual capabilities should be applauded, think of those who never tried anything unless it was guaranteed absolutely safe. Poor schmucks!

One more thing before I lift a pint to the lads Charlie, try not to whine so much!

Cheers Lads!
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #57
Shmerel

Oddometer: 11,152
impressice shit andrew. how about a thread to show us some the action.
Shmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #58
S2W
I said wax ON you idiot!

Oddometer: 3,351
Like I said before Charlie's cool

He also has a very tasty looking wife!

Much better pair than that stupid pussy whipped, Pony Boy Ewan and his stupid needy, ball breaking, ride spoiling stupid wife!
Old 03-01-2008, 03:46 PM   #59
rossf650dakar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolik37
I think you are missing the point of what going around the world on a motorbike is all about.
I see, so there's only one way to do it 'for real.'? So the people who take their Goldwings around the world and never leave the bitumen, they're not having an adventure? It may not be my style, but all power to them for enjoying theirs.

Maybe this forum should be re-named the "near-death only rides forum, unsupported without sufficient communication in remote areas inhabited by hostile forces and poisonous animals. Ride reports must mention how the rider just barely escaped with their life, overcoming herculaen odds in the process."

I just have a sneaky feeling that some of the posts whingeing about the whinger haven't themselves posted much of anything about their own tales of heroic adventure. Must have all been brought up on a diet of 'Yipping Yarns.'?
rossf650dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #60
rosscoact
need constant supervision

Oddometer: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossf650dakar

Maybe this forum should be re-named the "near-death only rides forum, unsupported without sufficient communication in remote areas inhabited by hostile forces and poisonous animals. Ride reports must mention how the rider just barely escaped with their life, overcoming herculaen odds in the process." Yes, marvellous, you are an ideas man Ross

I just have a sneaky feeling that some of the posts whingeing about the whinger haven't themselves posted much of anything about their own tales of heroic adventure. Must have all been brought up on a diet of 'Yipping Yarns.'?
Funnily enough, when I went for a 5 week jaunt around Oz in 2006 with my son on the back sticking pretty much to the tar, I didn't feel like it was an adventure at all. It was fun, a once in a lifetime experience (he's 6'2" now) but certainly didn't feel like an adventure. That is apart from the few hundered k on the dirt around Lawn Hill NP, holy crap that was a challenge.

So for me I guess an 'adventure' has to have some degree of difficulty for me to personally consider it an adventure. Therefore IMHO, the adventure is in the eye of the person experiencing it. And yes I was bought up on Ripping Yarns

rossco

www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
rosscoact is offline   Reply With Quote