Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #61
Tagati
tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer: 2,626
I like Charlie. Ewan kinda pissed me off when he had a cry about the ruskies killing the bears but thats his view and thats OK. But I CAN'T FUCKING STAND THE PRODUCER!!!! Get behind the camera you drama queen dork! He's the one grandstanding

Note to self. When fueling up at Windorah do NOT say "I'll see you later", "I had better get a hop along" or "See you around". You will just look like a prick in front of the locals and feel like a dick.
Tagati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #62
S2W
I said wax ON you idiot!

Oddometer: 3,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagati
I like Charlie. Ewan kinda pissed me off when he had a cry about the ruskies killing the bears but thats his view and thats OK. But I CAN'T FUCKING STAND THE PRODUCER!!!! Get behind the camera you drama queen dork! He's the one grandstanding

Yes! Damm right Tags! That freakin' nit-picking, dick-licking nob-muncher should have had his tongue forcibly removed from the Pony Boy's ring. Then he should have then been give a right, royal kicking and then impaled on a sharp stick and left to die a slow and miserable death on the Road of Bones...But that's just me, I can be a bit churlish at times!

I really don't like him very much
Old 03-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #63
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 7,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolik37

You can't be possibly serious. Why would you required guts to do what he did
and in the way he did it???
You can't be serious can you?

The greatest hurdle to any great adventure is taking the first step to actually do it, that takes guts.

Have many trips like that have you done? Serious, not having a go, have you done any great trips? then you could appreciate that fisrt step.
TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #64
Shmerel

Oddometer: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2W
That freakin' nit-picking, dick-licking nob-muncher should have had his tongue forcibly removed from the Pony Boy's ring. Then he should have then been give a right, royal kicking and then impaled on a sharp stick and left to die a slow and miserable death on the Road of Bones...But that's just me, I can be a bit churlish at times!

I really don't like him very much

shit, i'm glad i'm in your good books.

how's your MIL?
Shmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #65
S2W
I said wax ON you idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmerel

shit, i'm glad i'm in your good books.

how's your MIL?

Don't push me you palooka
Old 03-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #66
Shmerel

Oddometer: 11,152
why i love dorothy ...

Shmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:57 PM   #67
Eaglebeak
Aussie BM rider, West Oz.

Oddometer: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmerel
impressice shit andrew. how about a thread to show us some the action.
All my pics are on on old print film and it's too much effort to scan them.
(Well, truth be known, everytime I try to use the scanner at work they end up upside down and in a format that confuses me.)

I did write a story on the Bass Strait trip that got into the National Association Kayak mag of the day and a few private websites.

Here's a direct link to it on the website of Laurie Ford, my mate and Bass Strait legend. No pictures though.

http://www.laurieford.net/linton.htm

and this one of the Torres Strait trip in another website.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~rokhor/canoe/torres.html

Andrew.
Eaglebeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:22 AM   #68
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer: 1,732
wandering off on a complete tangent....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDave
The greatest hurdle to any great adventure is taking the first step to actually do it, that takes guts.

Have many trips like that have you done? Serious, not having a go, have you done any great trips? then you could appreciate that fisrt step.
now theres a thought (for me anyways). I wonder what the defining difference is between an ordinary adventure ride and a great (as in major - I'll remember this for ever...) adventure ride.

I've been on adenture rides and I've been on great rides but I've never been on a great adventure ride - yet
Mark_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:25 AM   #69
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 7,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retard_On_A_Motard
now theres a thought (for me anyways). I wonder what the defining difference is between an ordinary adventure ride and a great (as in major - I'll remember this for ever...) adventure ride.

I've been on adenture rides and I've been on great rides but I've never been on a great adventure ride - yet
Retard, read what I wrote again, I never said "great adventure ride" I said "a great adventure" as in ANY adventure, not necesarily a bike ride.
TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:16 AM   #70
kneeslider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Thumb Charlie & his Ass Hat Producer

Spot on, the produce is a dickhead, that was the downside to the LWA!

As for crying & whining of bears or kids or wives, its a part of the show we unforntunately have to endure, same with the damn singing!

Have not seen LWD so can't comment, but I have heard a spoiled sneveling wife did play a part in the negitive side of the show!
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #71
rhino_343 OP
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaDR650
It's funny that the majority are here whinging about charlie doing something you aint doing. And if you look really closely, you are even whinging at him whinging. At least he is whinging while DOING the dakar. You on the other hand are sitting behind a glowing screen having a Virtual Whinge while possibly thinking how you would like to do the Dakar.

I give the guy credit. If most people were given a s**t load of money then most would not do something like the dakar in which you could lose more than money. And unless you have ever done the dakar i cant see how you can comment on the emotions involved in it. For if you havent just sat in front of the tv and watched the series , but read the book you see that in almost every page simon pavey and matt repeatedly say how much they miss there wives.

Maybe people should have a deep breath to allow the blood to reach there brain before making a useless and inconsiderate post !
Well said mate! Someone actually saying something sensible for a change on advrider When I started this thread I never meant to create another ewan and charlie bashing session, just thought some people may of been interested... AND AS FOR WHINGING FARK ME IF YOU LOT LIVED IN MY HOUSE I WOULD SHOVE A DUMMY IN YA MOUTH AND TELL THE WIFEE TO CHANGE YA NAPPIES... WHAT A BUNCH OF WHINING BITCH BABIES GET A LIFE. IT HAS BEEN SAID BEFORE, IF YOU DONT WANT TO WATCH, THEN DONT WATCH. SINCE YOU CAN ALL JUST ABOUT QUOTE THE WHOLE DIALOGUE OF LONG WAY ROUND VERBATIM, IT SEEMS TO ME YOU HATERS MUST OF WATCHED THE WHINGING POMS ABOUT 10 BLOODY TIMES!
Tenere XT600 34L 1983 classic
rhino_343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:25 AM   #72
rhino_343 OP
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaDR650
It's funny that the majority are here whinging about charlie doing something you aint doing. And if you look really closely, you are even whinging at him whinging. At least he is whinging while DOING the dakar. You on the other hand are sitting behind a glowing screen having a Virtual Whinge while possibly thinking how you would like to do the Dakar.

I give the guy credit. If most people were given a s**t load of money then most would not do something like the dakar in which you could lose more than money. And unless you have ever done the dakar i cant see how you can comment on the emotions involved in it. For if you havent just sat in front of the tv and watched the series , but read the book you see that in almost every page simon pavey and matt repeatedly say how much they miss there wives.

Maybe people should have a deep breath to allow the blood to reach there brain before making a useless and inconsiderate post !
Well said mate! Someone actually saying something sensible for a change on advrider When I started this thread I never meant to create another ewan and charlie bashing session, just thought some people may of been interested... AND AS FOR WHINGING FARK ME IF YOU LOT LIVED IN MY HOUSE I WOULD SHOVE A DUMMY IN YA MOUTH AND TELL THE WIFEE TO CHANGE YA NAPPIES... WHAT A BUNCH OF WHINING BITCH BABIES GET A LIFE. IT HAS BEEN SAID BEFORE, IF YOU DONT WANT TO WATCH, THEN DONT WATCH. SINCE YOU CAN ALL JUST ABOUT QUOTE THE WHOLE DIALOGUE OF LONG WAY ROUND VERBATIM, IT SEEMS TO ME YOU HATERS MUST OF WATCHED THE WHINGING POMS ABOUT 10 BLOODY TIMES!
Tenere XT600 34L 1983 classic
rhino_343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #73
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDave
Retard, read what I wrote again, I never said "great adventure ride" I said "a great adventure" as in ANY adventure, not necesarily a bike ride.
I didnt know there was any other kind
Mark_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #74
S2W
I said wax ON you idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_343
Old 03-02-2008, 05:48 PM   #75
prestonpaul
What?

Oddometer: 1,497
Maybe someone should start an oil thread so this one can be left to die peacefully in it's sleep.
prestonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote